Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5669 replies to this topic

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Maybe, but even the more humble UK fans receive plenty of criticism. You honestly think that if we were as humble as the next guy not all of those posters last night wouldn't of been cheering against uk?

I can't speak for everyone, but yeah, if Cats fans had been humble and not been running off at the mouth, I don't think anyone (or as many) would have pulled against UK.

It's not success people hate; it's conceit.

Let's say everything on the page was blacked out during a weekend when all teams were playing, like screenname, team affiliation, and predictions for specific team success, and a fan simply said something like, "My team is going to kick the Posted Image out of their opponents tonight, no if's, and's, or but's about it.", and he says that repeatedly before every matchup. Another team's fan says, "I don't give us much of a chance tonight; but I just hope to see a good game, and nobody get hurt.".

Nobody knows who the 1st guy is, what team he pulls for, or how historically successful they've been; but damn near every fan on the site is going to be praying he gets his mouth shut with a loss.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 February 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Not being a dick but if the Arkansas fans degraded everyone else the way y'all have, then people would have been rooting for UK instead.
Degrade? Of all the SEC schools we're hands down the biggest fans of the conference. Even the nuts on RR root for SEC schools in the tourney. The same can't bee said for everyone else when it comes to UK. How many people here do you honestly believe wanted us to win the championship?

Call us obnoxious all you want but uk fans do not talk down on this conference out of spite. We wished it was stronger actually.
Posted Image

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Degrade? Of all the SEC schools we're hands down the biggest fans of the conference. Even the nuts on RR root for SEC schools in the tourney. The same can't bee said for everyone else when it comes to UK. How many people here do you honestly believe wanted us to win the championship?

Call us obnoxious all you want but uk fans do not talk down on this conference out of spite. We wished it was stronger actually.

I am a fan that will route for the SEC teams in the college football bowl games. However, I don't root for ANY other team besides Ark when it comes to basketball. I don't care if they don't make the tourney, then I start rooting for the Wichita States and FGCUs of the world.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Eh, SECats and several guys I've met in real life have soured me on the entire fanbase.
You and PT are 10 times better than any UK fan I've met in person.
Even this middle aged guy I see at the gym is annoying and he doesn't even know your record.

The bull about "never losing at home", "Cal will figure this out", "We run ish", etc etc is so tiresome and not even conversation about actual basketball.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posthog_heaven, on 28 February 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

I am a fan that will route for the SEC teams in the college football bowl games. However, I don't root for ANY other team besides Ark when it comes to basketball. I don't care if they don't make the tourney, then I start rooting for the Wichita States and FGCUs of the world.

It's because in basketball you don't need the rest of the conference to do well if you are elite.
In football, you do.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 28 February 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

I can't speak for everyone, but yeah, if Cats fans had been humble and not been running off at the mouth, I don't think anyone (or as many) would have pulled against UK.

It's not success people hate; it's conceit.

Let's say everything on the page was blacked out during a weekend when all teams were playing, like screenname, team affiliation, and predictions for specific team success, and a fan simply said something like, "My team is going to kick the Posted Image out of their opponents tonight, no if's, and's, or but's about it.", and he says that repeatedly before every matchup. Another team's fan says, "I don't give us much of a chance tonight; but I just hope to see a good game, and nobody get hurt.".

Nobody knows who the 1st guy is, what team he pulls for, or how historically successful they've been; but damn near every fan on the site is going to be praying he gets his mouth shut with a loss.
You're right, you're the minority. People hate our coach and the OaD system as much as if not more than the fan base. They act like he supports the OaD system.
Posted Image

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I may be in the minority but like football, I pull for the SEC teams in both basketball and baseball in the post-season.
2014 Football (3-1, 2-1)
9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY)

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

They act like he supports the OaD system.

I'm certain all college coaches would prefer the NBA require college degrees.
I think people see him the same way they see Saban. Recruit at an elite level and force those out who won't contribute.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGAMECOCK_FAN, on 28 February 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

I may be in the minority but like football, I pull for the SEC teams in both basketball and baseball in the post-season.

For me, it just depends on the team.
I'll root for South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Arkansas in almost everything.
Against Georgia, Tennessee, and Auburn in anything.

hog_heaven

hog_heaven
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 February 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

It's because in basketball you don't need the rest of the conference to do well if you are elite.
In football, you do.

I think it is more simple for me. I grew up watching EVERY basketball game. Going to games, shooting around with players, playing horse with players like Todd Day, Scottie Thurman, Lee Mayberry, etc. (Grandfather grew up with Nolan)

So Arky basketball has always been life or death. I started watching Arky football when I started playing in 7th grade (1993-94). While I am still passionate about it, I am more passionate about basketball. (Which has been difficult since 2002. Thank goodness I was deployed most of the time between 2003-2008.. LOL)

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have been rooting for all the SEC teams in football. In basketball, it depends on the school.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 February 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

I'm certain all college coaches would prefer the NBA require college degrees.
I think people see him the same way they see Saban. Recruit at an elite level and force those out who won't contribute.
He more or less recruits over them. Horrow and wiltjer still had their schollys but saw the writing on the wall. I see your point tho
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 February 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

For me, it just depends on the team.
I'll root for South Carolina, Mississippi State, and Arkansas in almost everything.
Against Georgia, Tennessee, and Auburn in anything.
I'll root for South Carolina, Vandy, and Florida in most everything.
Against Mississippi State, LSU, and Georgia in most everything.
Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 28 February 2014 - 01:27 PM, said:

I'll root for South Carolina, Vandy, and Florida in most everything.
Against Mississippi State, LSU, and Georgia in most everything.

I usually root for the underdogs, in whatever sport they are underdogs in.

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 February 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

I usually root for the underdogs, in whatever sport they are underdogs in.
It all depends on the situation for me.
Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate