Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread - Page 331 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 331

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5669 replies to this topic

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Meh, if i was a rival fan i'd be doin the same thing. Beating UK in Rupp is a big deal for anyone. The last 10 pages proves that.

Hopefully these embarrassing loses will discourage some of these guys from declaring. Hell the Harrison's aren't even projected in the first round and rightly so. Andrew made 3 HUGE mistakes back to back to back at the end of regulation. I'm sure he's feeling like Posted Image right now watching tape. Two missed free throws, dumbest foul of the game, and crucial turnover
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't really care that it's UK.

If Vandy fans were in here all offseason predicting the type of dominance y'all were, they'd be getting endless Posted Image too.

Edited by JoeGator, 28 February 2014 - 01:05 PM.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 February 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

I don't really gicare that it's UK.

If Vandy fans were in here all offseason predicting the type of dominance y'all were, they'd be getting endless Posted Image too.
That's not even a lil true. People love to hate UK. That's how its always been and its what makes UK the most relevant program in the nation.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

Meh, if i was a rival fan i'd be doin the same thing. Beating UK in Rupp is a big deal for anyone. The last 10 pages proves that.

Hopefully these embarrassing loses will discourage some of these guys from declaring. Hell the Harrison's aren't even projected in the first round and rightly so. Andrew made 3 HUGE mistakes back to back to back at the end of regulation. I'm sure he's feeling like Posted Image right now watching tape. Two missed free throws, dumbest foul of the game, and crucial turnover

If he is, he's hiding it well; Cal specifically spoke on his players' inability to be accountable and take responsibility for mistakes last night, preferring instead to point fingers at teammates.

The stat that really surprised me was the blocked shots. UK is the team known for being long at every position, and they won the rebounding battle; but it was UAr that blocked 8 shots... UK only blocked half that.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 28 February 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

If he is, he's hiding it well; Cal specifically spoke on his players' inability to be accountable and take responsibility for mistakes last night, preferring instead to point fingers at teammates.

The stat that really surprised me was the blocked shots. UK is the team known for being long at every position, and they won the rebounding battle; but it was UAr that blocked 8 shots... UK only blocked half that.
Im not surprised. Guards driving into traffic with flailing layups are pretty easy to block for everyone. I have no complaints about our front court. Randle got his double double and WCS played well. I figured that Randle would be the one player that would play selfish hero ball, but it's hands down Andrew Harrison. No PG on a team like this should look for his shot first. I guess it's easy to forget they're freshman
Posted Image

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

That's not even a lil true. People love to hate UK. That's how its always been and its what makes UK the most relevant program in the nation.

People love to hate UK because every year we hear y'all are going to be the best.

It's like trying to talk to a Cowboys fan.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They need to feel hated.

Otherwise they are forced to see themselves as just another Posted Imagety team.

Edited by JoeGator, 28 February 2014 - 01:30 PM.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 February 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

I don't really gicare that it's UK.

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

Oh it's absolutely true; if any team's fans were so cocky that they were insufferable they'd be getting the same treatment.

The reason UK is hated the most is because long-term success has made their fans self-absorbed the most; to the extent that even when they don't have an elite team they carry on the same as always as if they did... just goes hand-in-hand.

I remember when you guys hired that drunk Gillespie; Cats fans, for the most part, thought the program was just going to continue being stout and not miss a beat... the volume and frequency of smack talk didn't diminish much until the very end when it was crystal clear to everyone that he wasn't the answer to anything.

UK's lackluster football program probably also contributes to Cats fans' elevated temperament when it comes to the basketball program... very few of the elite basketball programs also have elite football programs, so fans of those programs embrace basketball much more vigorously than they otherwise might.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 28 February 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

People love to hate UK because every year we hear y'all are going to be the best.

It's like trying to talk to a Cowboys fan.
Maybe, but even the more humble UK fans receive plenty of criticism. You honestly think that if we were as humble as the next guy not all of those posters last night wouldn't of been cheering against uk?
Posted Image

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Maybe, but even the more humble UK fans receive plenty of criticism. You honestly think that if we were as humble as the next guy not all of those posters last night wouldn't of been cheering against uk?

Unfortunately for the humble, you get grouped with the majority; which in this case, the majority is obnoxious, irrational, and delusional.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 28 February 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

Duh.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You guys act like faggots year round and are surprised when we all enjoy your misery?

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 28 February 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Unfortunately for the humble, you get grouped with the majority; which in this case, the majority is obnoxious, irrational, and delusional.
Yep, but that's just one of many reasons other fan bases root against UK. As a UK fan it has its advantages actually.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not being a dick but if the Arkansas fans degraded everyone else the way y'all have, then people would have been rooting for UK instead.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We won't start doing that for another year or two.
Posted Image