Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5669 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 19 February 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

That'd matter if we weren't busy raping everyone nationally too. You guys just had/have the honor of getting it more often.

Probably the only rapes in history that are good memories.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 19 February 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

Another typical UK win at Oxford. Told y'all not to get uppity.
It's pretty tough to win when the second the game gets close they start calling every little thing on us while letting poythress and randall push off down low.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That's a tough loss for us tonight, most of the players sat around in the gym for hours afterwards, they know how bad this hurts, now we have to win out and have some things happen for us to have a chance at the ncaa tourney.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 19 February 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

That's a tough loss for us tonight, most of the players sat around in the gym for hours afterwards, they know how bad this hurts, now we have to win out and have some things happen for us to have a chance at the ncaa tourney.

This shouldn't have been a do-or-die game for OM.
Kennedy sucks.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 19 February 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:

This shouldn't have been a do-or-die game for OM.
Kennedy sucks.
This has been Kennedy's best coached year by far though, he has done a great job with Posted Imagety players. We literally only have 2 consistently good players and only one senior. I'm not mad at Kennedy, he has done absolutely fine and is the best coach in our school history, I'm more mad at our complete lack of effort early, and I bet you that Kennedy is absolutely pissed too.
And yes, I am a Kennedy supporter, because I honestly don't see us being able to hire a coach much better than him.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 19 February 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

This has been Kennedy's best coached year by far though, he has done a great job with Posted Imagety players. We literally only have 2 consistently good players and only one senior. I'm not mad at Kennedy, he has done absolutely fine and is the best coach in our school history, I'm more mad at our complete lack of effort early, and I bet you that Kennedy is absolutely pissed too.
And yes, I am a Kennedy supporter, because I honestly don't see us being able to hire a coach much better than him.

You wouldn't be able to hire a PROVEN coach better than him.
Roll the dice.
No high major school should ever lose to Mercer. And Dayton is not even good this year.

I will say that I hate Marshall Henderson a little less this morning.
He was the only one trying to break up the pending fight last night.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 19 February 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

You wouldn't be able to hire a PROVEN coach better than him.
Roll the dice.
No high major school should ever lose to Mercer. And Dayton is not even good this year.

I will say that I hate Marshall Henderson a little less this morning.
He was the only one trying to break up the pending fight last night.
I've been telling you, the dude has been a real leader this year, even if he still throws up crazy shots. He kinda has to be, being the only senior on the team.
And Kennedy got a major raise after last year too, he ain't going anywhere soon, whether that is fortunate or unfortunate we have yet to see.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 19 February 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

I've been telling you, the dude has been a real leader this year, even if he still throws up crazy shots. He kinda has to be, being the only senior on the team.
And Kennedy got a major raise after last year too, he ain't going anywhere soon, whether that is fortunate or unfortunate we have yet to see.

He's 100% less crazy this year, I'll give him that.
Still needs to be a better player. I don't get it, he definitely could be better.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 19 February 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

He's 100% less crazy this year, I'll give him that.
Still needs to be a better player. I don't get it, he definitely could be better.
The problem is, he has to hit crazy threes every single game. We have seen him make great passes. play decent defense, but he has to shoot threes because we don't have enough depth or firepower to stay in a game without him.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 19 February 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

The problem is, he has to hit crazy threes every single game. We have seen him make great passes. play decent defense, but he has to shoot threes because we don't have enough depth or firepower to stay in a game without him.

He probably needs to hit a lot of 3s, but half of them don't have to be ridiculously low percentage shots.
He can create his own shots, but he seems way too impatient.
I would try to slow the game down if I'm OM.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 19 February 2014 - 09:31 AM, said:

He probably needs to hit a lot of 3s, but half of them don't have to be ridiculously low percentage shots.
He can create his own shots, but he seems way too impatient.
I would try to slow the game down if I'm OM.
We aren't a half-court team, though. That's the issue, the players we are bringing in next year are more exciting three point shooters too, so that ain't changing any time soon.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

If your entire game plan is predicated on one loudmouth jackass making tons of threes, you probably need to question your coach's viability.  MH shoots 20 3s...wtf...an entire team shouldn't even do that regularly.

Edited by PuddingTime, 19 February 2014 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I'd agree with most of that, except the defense part; dude doesn't play decent defense... sometimes doesn't play any defense at all, just watches players go right by him or create plays at his expense.

Last night, he offered nothing on either end of the floor in the first half, and was little more than a casual observer; you'd have never thought it was an important game by watching him just stroll around the floor... no sense of urgency or desperation.

When the 2nd half rolled around, he picked up on offense, but was still only offering token resistance on defense; "guarding" folks with his hands down by his sides the entire half and getting left behind on drives and penetration as if he was a broken turnstile at a NY subway station at rush hour.

Whether it's inability or just lazy I don't know, but he seems skilled and coordinated enough to offer more on defense; so I'm thinking he's just not as interested in preventing buckets as he is in making them... which is true of most players, who nonetheless understand they have to excel at both for their team to be great.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo < all

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 19 February 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

I'd agree with most of that, except the defense part; dude doesn't play decent defense... sometimes doesn't play any defense at all, just watches players go right by him or create plays at his expense.

Last night, he offered nothing on either end of the floor in the first half, and was little more than a casual observer; you'd have never thought it was an important game by watching him just stroll around the floor... no sense of urgency or desperation.

When the 2nd half rolled around, he picked up on offense, but was still only offering token resistance on defense; "guarding" folks with his hands down by his sides the entire half and getting left behind on drives and penetration as if he was a broken turnstile at a NY subway station at rush hour.

Whether it's inability or just lazy I don't know, but he seems skilled and coordinated enough to offer more on defense; so I'm thinking he's just not as interested in preventing buckets as he is in making them... which is true of most players, who nonetheless understand they have to excel at both for their team to be great.
He's too small to play great defense, he's pretty good at steals, though.
Posted Image
Posted Image