Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5669 replies to this topic

possumslayer

possumslayer

Orange & White Supremacist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image usce and bama

Edited by possumslayer, 05 February 2014 - 09:15 PM.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bobby Portis broke Scotty Thurman's freshman scoring record tonight. With 35 points
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
SEC Tournament is the only tourney this team will see this season.

Just can't even describe how nightmarish of a year this has been. I feel like the program as a whole has taken two giant steps backwards.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 05 February 2014 - 09:15 PM, said:

Bobby Portis broke Scotty Thurman's freshman scoring record tonight. With 35 points

He is the real deal. Has a funny-looking FT shot but the kid can score from seemingly anywhere. If he sticks around, he'll be a huge force to be reckoned with the next 1-2 years.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
eh,might be right but we're set back more than 5 years right now. Grant stays til the end, its going to be worse.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 05 February 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

Posted Image
I know that this is a little bit late, but there is no foul call on this. Lol rupp refs :trollface:

What a waste; if you're going to get away with one, at least close up the fist, sissy. :trollface:
Posted ImagePosted Image

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That picture is pretty funny @adfalcon . I like how Marshall's schnoz is smushed :trollface:

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 05 February 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

That picture is pretty funny @adfalcon . I like how Marshall's schnoz is smushed :trollface:

You can't see it in the picture, but a boulder fell out with that right cross connect... I saw a ball boy run out there and carefully "wipe" it into a towel after the play.
Posted ImagePosted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
UT has to be the most confusing team in the conference.

Beat Ole Miss by 16 a week ago, and turn around and lose to a Vandy team with a grand total of 7 scholarship players on their entire roster... that definitely won't help the RPI or impress the selection committee.

I may be oversimplifying this, but if your opponent only has 7 players (plus an equipment manager), wouldn't the simplest game plan be to drive it to the basket repeatedly until you've fouled out a player or 2?

UT definitely has the bigs to employ such a strategy; hell, I wouldn't take any deep jump-shots in the first half until I had a couple guys in serious foul trouble... just keep going right at them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Can't believe that terrible TAMU team is punishing what appeared to be a pretty good MSU team earlier in the year... they're up by like 20.
Posted ImagePosted Image

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I agree with @GatorUnvrsty.

Cuonzo Martin has actually done a worse coaching job than Grant this year. Tennessee at least has 2-3 legit NBA talent-types on their roster and they're STILL losing games like the one they lost tonight. After they drilled us in Coleman, I kept thinking to myself, "How in the hell is this team not a lock for the tournament?". It's because there are some nights where they simply don't even bother to show up.

At least we are consistently bad. Tennessee has so much more potential and they're just wasting it.

Edited by UAdan, 05 February 2014 - 09:56 PM.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Top 25 upset alert... #5 SDSU is down by 7 to unranked Boise. They were down by 9 at the half.
Posted ImagePosted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 05 February 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

I agree with @GatorUnvrsty.

Cuonzo Martin has actually done a worse coaching job than Grant this year. Tennessee at least has 2-3 legit NBA talent-types on their roster and they're STILL losing games like the one they lost tonight. After they drilled us in Coleman, I kept thinking to myself, "How in the hell is this team not a lock for the tournament?". It's because there are some nights where they simply don't even bother to show up.

At least we are consistently bad. Tennessee has so much more potential and they're just wasting it.

It's mind-boggling. Martin is one strange coach, too; I've never seen a coach use time outs the wrong way every single time, but sure enough, he seems to never get it right.

Sometimes teams will be on a huge run, and he'll have a full compliment of them, and won't use one to stop the bleeding and let his players regroup.

Other times he'll have an opportunity to call one at the end of a game to set up a game-winning play (like tonight), and won't use it.

I've seen him end halves repeatedly with a pocket full of them like he thinks they'll carry over to the next game if he doesn't use them.

And still other times, his team will hit a huge 3 that gives them momentum and a bounce in their step, a little swagger. What you typically want to do in that situation is get a stop and get back down the court so the same guy with the hot hand can go off again... hot shooting just works like that, deep shooters go on streaks.

But Martin calls a time out after his guys hit 3's, all the time regardless of the situation or time on the clock; and of course what happens is he kills his team's hard-won momentum all by himself and his hot shooter goes cold while they're Posted Imageing off over there in a useless time out. Additionally, because he calls the time out and freeze's his own shooter, the other coach doesn't have to use one of his own to slow them down and ice the hot hand.

It's really unbelievable; he did a couple of those very scenarios tonight at critical times in the game that could very well have changed the outcome.

I'm no coach, but damn, do you have to be to know when you're seeing something that Posted Imageing stupid?
Posted ImagePosted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Caught the tail end of our game. What's that, 3 games in a row that we scored less than 60? My brother's tired of me complaining about this basketball team. Why am I putting myself through this misery?
Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 06 February 2014 - 12:03 AM, said:

Caught the tail end of our game. What's that, 3 games in a row that we scored less than 60? My brother's tired of me complaining about this basketball team. Why am I putting myself through this misery?

You guys have to be bad at something it's only fair lol... I'm just glad to see some bama fans actually follow their basketball team.
2014 SEC East Champions!!!

Posted Image