Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics




Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived


Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5604 replies to this topic

#2476
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,864
  • Age:
    58
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,806
Since we're a member of the National Championship club,I officially know more about basketball through osmosis as most of you punks on here as well.














Yup,ha.

#2477
UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,264
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,890
Next, we head down to The Plains for a showdown with the Barnies. Our game in Auburn last year was one of the worst games I've seen an Alabama basketball team play, ever. Hopefully it'll be a much different story this time around.

And I can guarantee you this, despite the Auburn fanbase's fickle attitude towards hoops, they will pack that arena to the freaking rafters on Wednesday night just for the opportunity to 'Beat Bamr'. Especially with the Iron Bowl trophy presentation at halftime.

Sure, only about 10% of the fans in attendance will be able to name more than a couple of players, but they'll be rowdy :trollface:

Posted Image


#2478
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,046
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,175

View PostUAdan, on 26 January 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

Next, we head down to The Plains for a showdown with the Barnies. Our game in Auburn last year was one of the worst games I've seen an Alabama basketball team play, ever. Hopefully it'll be a much different story this time around.

And I can guarantee you this, despite the Auburn fanbase's fickle attitude towards hoops, they will pack that arena to the freaking rafters on Wednesday night just for the opportunity to 'Beat Bamr'. Especially with the Iron Bowl trophy presentation at halftime.

Sure, only about 10% of the fans in attendance will be able to name more than a couple of players, but they'll be rowdy :trollface:
The last time I remember Auburn packing the house this happened:

Let's hope the Aubie students get just as pissed off after the iron bowl on hardwood :cheers:
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#2479
UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,264
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,890
@adfalcon thanks for that little nugget. I love the guy in the sweater who rips his hat off in an angry rage. Maybe we can borrow MH for one night :trollface:

Posted Image


#2480
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,046
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,175

View PostUAdan, on 26 January 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

@adfalcon thanks for that little nugget. I love the guy in the sweater who rips his hat off in an angry rage. Maybe we can borrow MH for one night :trollface:
Just watch the gif and look at every single reaction, I love the security guard that just has a huge grin on his face.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#2481
UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,264
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,890

View Postadfalcon, on 26 January 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Just watch the gif and look at every single reaction, I love the security guard that just has a huge grin on his face.
Posted Image

I'm gonna guess the old guy who stands up is @Darth Vader , Krieg is the guy with curly hair who claps and goes "whooooo!", and Penguin is the ringleader right in the middle of the screen who shoots a bird and throws it back down with authority.

Posted Image


#2482
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,046
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,175

View PostUAdan, on 26 January 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

I'm gonna guess the old guy who stands up is @Darth Vader , Krieg is the guy with curly hair who claps and goes "whooooo!", and Penguin is the ringleader right in the middle of the screen who shoots a bird and throws it back down with authority.
Perfect, lmao.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#2483
UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,264
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,890
lol I also just noticed the shorter, somewhat chubby guy with the glasses who is standing directly behind Mr. Angry Bird....you can only see his head/face, but out of nowhere he shoots a finger high into the sky and looks up at it, as if he's saying, "Aha! Look what I found!"

Posted Image


#2484
tawoody

tawoody
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    356
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    132

View PostPuddingTime, on 26 January 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

I'm so glad we have Mississippians on here who can explain this game of basketball to this poor ole Kentucky boy.  I don't know what we've been doing to for the last 100 years.  I guess when they finally won the SECT, Ole Miss had a deeper knowledge and understanding of the game bestowed upon them.  I guess we got :lanekiffin:ed the 26 times we just lucked into winning it.  Thank you for your generosity and extremely insightful views into this game I'm only just beginning to grasp.  Yes, where would this conference be without Rebel basketball?

Obviously we will never compete with programs like Kentucky but its pretty obvious we are doing something right in the conference with Marshall Henderson since we are 25-8 over our last 33 conference games which is the best in the SEC.
Posted Image

#2485
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,341
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,403
LMAO at JizzSack with the double irony.

1. "You don't know anything about basketball" says the guy claiming Henderson was snubbed from first team All-SEC.
2. Any jokes about IQ levels are immediately ironic, regardless of circumstance.

I'm much more confident in our team after that gangrape of Tennessee.
They are built to give us trouble and always do.

#2486
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,144
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,789

View PostUAdan, on 26 January 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

@adfalcon thanks for that little nugget. I love the guy in the sweater who rips his hat off in an angry rage. Maybe we can borrow MH for one night :trollface:

Another guy that can't shoot is the last thing y'all need right now, ain't it? :trollface:
Posted Image

#2487
GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

    AdminisGator

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,144
  • Joined:
    Dec 2006
  • Location:
    The Beach, The Mountains, U Pick
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,789

View Posttawoody, on 26 January 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

Obviously we will never compete with programs like Kentucky but its pretty obvious we are doing something right in the conference with Marshall Henderson since we are 25-8 over our last 33 conference games which is the best in the SEC.

25-8 over the last 33, huh? 33 is an odd number of games to use as a cutoff.

Why did you stop there, rather than just go all the way to the beginning of the 2012 SEC season, instead of just a portion of it?

By George, I think I've got it! The cutoff is 33 games because right before that Ole Miss had a 3-game SEC losing streak.

Clever accounting I must say, but just for kicks and giggles let's go ahead and count the record at a legit stopping point like the beginning of the 2012 SEC season...

10-9 - 2012
15-6 - 2013
5-1 - 2014
30-16 (.652) - Ooh, ouch, that doesn't look nearly as impressive; but it's somewhat close to...

11-7 - 2012
16-5 - 2013
6-0 - 2014
33-12 (.733)

;)

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 27 January 2014 - 08:18 AM.

Posted Image

#2488
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,046
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,175

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 27 January 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

25-8 over the last 33, huh? 33 is an odd number of games to use as a cutoff.

Why did you stop there, rather than just go all the way to the beginning of the 2012 SEC season, instead of just a portion of it?

By George, I think I've got it! The cutoff is 33 games because right before that Ole Miss had a 3-game SEC losing streak.

Clever accounting I must say, but just for kicks and giggles let's go ahead and count the record at a legit stopping point like the beginning of the 2012 SEC season...

10-9 - 2012
15-6 - 2013
5-1 - 2014
30-16 (.652) - Ooh, ouch, that doesn't look nearly as impressive; but it's somewhat close to...

11-7 - 2012
16-5 - 2013
6-0 - 2014
33-12 (.733)

;)
What do you expect us to do, use stats that go against us? Of course it stopped at 33 games, because that is still a large number of games, and we also still have the best record ;)
haters gonna hate
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#2489
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    23,341
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,403
Actually, I'm impressed that OM has the best record in the SEC over ANY amount of time.

#2490
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,046
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    5,175

View PostJoeGator, on 27 January 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Actually, I'm impressed that OM has the best record in the SEC over ANY amount of time.
We have been pretty good recently, if you haven't noticed.
I just really want to go into Rupp ranked, and 7-1 in conference. I want a game hyped up the ass because we don't get a lot of those.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate