Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5604 replies to this topic

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostPuddingTime, on 23 January 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

Save your breath, I've tried explaining that to them. They don't get it.

Your basketball IQ is pretty low if you can't see how we're a better team with Henderson on the floor. It's borderline pitiful if you can't see it

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Formerly known as RebelFan4Life

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostPuddingTime, on 25 January 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Yeah, its gonna be two gooduns this year for sure.  I still think we split home and home.  Would make for another great SECT championship game.

Not so fast

Posted Image

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View Postjacobp, on 26 January 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Andy Kennedy is such a piece of Posted Image for even letting that faggot see the floor

Wahhhhhhh

Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
THe butthurt is growing strong in this thread, we are 10X a better team with Henderson.
Yes, of course I would hate Marshall if he wasn't at Ole Miss, and you know know that if he was on your team you would defend him too.
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
In the last 28 SEC games road teams are 5-23, Ole Miss and Florida are a combined 4-0 and everyone else is 1-23.
Ouch
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMerlinsJizzSack, on 26 January 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Your basketball IQ is pretty low if you can't see how we're a better team with Henderson on the floor. It's borderline pitiful if you can't see it

Your basketball IQ is non-existant if you can't acknowledge that that's only true because OM doesn't have another option.

You need the points, so he's out there; but OM would be a much better team with virtually anybody else that could score on fewer attempts, actually play defense, and not give the other teams constant motivation to play their best against you.

View Postadfalcon, on 26 January 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

THe butthurt is growing strong in this thread, we are 10X a better team with Henderson.
Yes, of course I would hate Marshall if he wasn't at Ole Miss, and you know know that if he was on your team you would defend him too.

We'd never have that problem because BD wouldn't recruit that POS to do anything but wash his car; but if we had a "coach" like Kennedy and something like MH ended up on our team, I'd be sending Foley some strongly worded e-mails... and I suspect there are plenty of OM fans and boosters with enough pride and self-respect to have done the exact same thing to y'all's AD.

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 26 January 2014 - 11:20 AM.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMerlinsJizzSack, on 26 January 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Yep.  You got me. Compelling argument.  Congrats.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm so glad we have Mississippians on here who can explain this game of basketball to this poor ole Kentucky boy.  I don't know what we've been doing to for the last 100 years.  I guess when they finally won the SECT, Ole Miss had a deeper knowledge and understanding of the game bestowed upon them.  I guess we got Posted Imageed the 26 times we just lucked into winning it.  Thank you for your generosity and extremely insightful views into this game I'm only just beginning to grasp.  Yes, where would this conference be without Rebel basketball?

Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Lol, calm down PT.
Also, can't wait to play y'all in Rupp, that's gonna be a hell of a game and it should be fun to see the interactions between the student section and Henderson.
Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 26 January 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:

In the last 28 SEC games road teams are 5-23, Ole Miss and Florida are a combined 4-0 and everyone else is 1-23.
Ouch

By gosh we're doing our part.

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 26 January 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Your basketball IQ is non-existant if you can't acknowledge that that's only true because OM doesn't have another option.

You need the points, so he's out there; but OM would be a much better team with virtually anybody else that could score on fewer attempts, actually play defense, and not give the other teams constant motivation to play their best against you.
We need both the points and the motivation, even if he has a sub par day from the field simply his energy and his presence helps us more than it would with him out.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 26 January 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

I'm so glad we have Mississippians on here who can explain this game of basketball to this poor ole Kentucky boy.  I don't know what we've been doing to for the last 100 years.  I guess when they finally won the SECT, Ole Miss had a deeper knowledge and understanding of the game bestowed upon them.  I guess we got :lanekiffin:ed the 26 times we just lucked into winning it.  Thank you for your generosity and extremely insightful views into this game I'm only just beginning to grasp.  Yes, where would this conference be without Rebel basketball?

It's okay to admit cluelessness, PT; if you'll just hang in there a bit longer and remain patient, they'll learn you a little sumpin' 'bout basketball yet. :trollface:

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

2015 SEC Champs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 26 January 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

It's okay to admit cluelessness, PT; if you'll just hang in there a bit longer and remain patient, they'll learn you a little sumpin' 'bout basketball yet. :trollface:
I look forward to it with eager anticipation.

Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

Bo Knows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's good to see all of the other SEC teams finally admitting Ole Miss dominance :trollface:
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Didn't post much about it last night, but I was very glad to see us get a hard-fought win over a solid LSU team.

The first half was maybe the best half of basketball we've played this year. Releford was playing like a man possessed, and despite the Tigers' size advantage we crashed the boards and held our own down low.

The second half was an entirely different story. LSU began attacking the rim, penetrating into the defense and really began to exploit some matchup problems/outwork us. I am stunned that Jimmie Taylor, our premier shot blocker, did not see more minutes in the second half, as Johnny O'Bryant scored at will against us. He had three fouls, but even in the final several minutes when LSU cut the lead down and eventually took the lead themselves, Taylor stayed on the bench. Thought he could've made a big difference.

Our offense really had a terrible time with the LSU press in the second half, committing turnover after turnover. A lot of this has to be credited to LSU doing such a good job defensively, but I also think we missed the electric presence of Retin Obasohan, who has been out with a hip flexor for the last two games. Retin is a bit wild/erratic shooting the ball, but he has the speed/athleticism to break traps and make something out of nothing. Releford has played 60 consecutive minutes without a break in two games over the course of 48 hours. As good of a player as he is, he ain't Superman and he needs a spell every now and then. I think the LSU pressure really wore him down. I hope Retin is back for Auburn.

But probably the biggest takeaway from our game is this: we scored 46 points in the second half last night, and Trevor Releford only scored 2 of them. 46 points in a half is unheard of for our offense anyways, but to do it entirely with the efforts of secondary players (ie, guys not named Releford) is amazing. Rodney Cooper caught fire, especially from the outside. Shannon Hale and Levi Randolph also made big shot after big shot. Hale's three towards the end was especially crucial.

Grant seemed happier/more excited at the end of this game than I think any game he's won in five years. Maybe he's realizing that he has to change things about himself to bring the most out of his players. RTR.

Posted Image