Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread - Page 130 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 130

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5203 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

8 NCs/46 SECs/27 SECTs

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It may be time to admit that Florida, not Tennessee, is our biggest SEC basketball rival.  Beating the Vols wasn't as satisfying as it should be or as I reckon beating Florida will be.
Posted Image

"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 19 January 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

You don't have to be "an insider" to know what I know...you just have to not be ignorant...oh and watch the news from Lexington.

I wish you would enlighten us on what you do know.
Since all you seem to do is put down everyone who disagrees with you while never offering any insight other than blatant homer opinions.

And for the record (again), I don't really have a problem with Cal.

Edited by JoeGator, 19 January 2014 - 09:44 PM.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 19 January 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

It may be time to admit that Florida, not Tennessee, is our biggest SEC basketball rival.  Beating the Vols wasn't as satisfying as it should be or as I reckon beating Florida will be.

That's only because everyone outside of us is so terrible it's not very exciting.
You guys are pretty much on a very high risk, very low reward schedule from here on out.
I guess we are too for that matter.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 19 January 2014 - 09:44 PM, said:

I wish you would enlighten us on what you do know.
Since all you seem to do is put down everyone who disagrees with you while never offering any insight other than blatant homer opinions.

And for the record (again), I don't really have a problem with Cal.

I put down people that think they know things that they obviously don't.  They don't know it because they don't do any research to find truth and/or make idiotic comments about a coach that does more for humanity than probably any other coach out there.

Cal being a good guy doesn't fit the story people want and that's fine but in not gunna sit here and let others bash him without sharing facts about his record.

I put down ignorance because they continue to speak as if they know.  They don't.

You don't have a problem with Cal?  Then nothing I said should cause you to resort to being an ass.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 19 January 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

I put down people that think they know things that they obviously don't.  They don't know it because they don't do any research to find truth and/or make idiotic comments about a coach that does more for humanity than probably any other coach out there.

Cal being a good guy doesn't fit the story people want and that's fine but in not gunna sit here and let others bash him without sharing facts about his record.

I put down ignorance because they continue to speak as if they know.  They don't.

You don't have a problem with Cal?  Then nothing I said should cause you to resort to being an ass.

This is my favorite thing you do. Throw a whiny tantrum, then call everyone else ignorant asses.

Are the two vacated Final Fours and donating to charities mutually exclusive?
Both happened but you are willing to overlook the "shady" past because he's throwing money at good causes now.
That's the highest level of homerism possible.

Again, before you throw a bitch fit, I don't have a problem with Cal. My only problem is that you don't know how to respond to people who are criticizing him.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 19 January 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

You are a piece of work man.  Lol

I've done all the debating I need to do regarding this subject.  You are speaking on things pertaining to UK/Cal that you know nothing about.

End of discussion from my end.

View PostSECats, on 19 January 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

Do you even realize that you contradicted yourself in the space of a couple posts? First you call others ignorant for commenting on things they can't know, and that because you're a UK fan, you know better than the rest of us. And then you say you don't have to be an insider or have any special access to know about Cal.

Funny stuff. You know, I said right off the bat that most of the information I had about Cal came from UK fans, many of them a helluva lot higher placed than you.

Since getting all those early impressions I've had time to do my own homework, and I don't like the things he's done nor the way he continues to operate.

Doesn't have jack Posted Image to do with ignorance or somebody being right or wrong; as you yourself just said, everything anyone wants to know is available to all for their consumption, and one need not be an insider to know it.

Well, what I know I don't like; if you do, fine, then we should both be happy with the coaching arrangement.

Bottom line here is, somebody said they didn't like a coach, and pretty much gave valid reasons why, including reasons most UK fans also espoused before he went to UK.

And in response, rather than address those points directly you resorted to personal attacks.

It's ironic that you mention ignorance, because true ignorance has been defined as a person no longer able to rationally or reasonably engage in heated debate about a topic resorting to personal insults.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 19 January 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

This is my favorite thing you do. Throw a whiny tantrum, then call everyone else ignorant asses.

Are the two vacated Final Fours and donating to charities mutually exclusive?
Both happened but you are willing to overlook the "shady" past because he's throwing money at good causes now.
That's the highest level of homerism possible.

Again, before you throw a bitch fit, I don't have a problem with Cal. My only problem is that you don't know how to respond to people who are criticizing him.

I throw out bitch because the same stuff is always thrown out and it not only has no merit it's something only a trolling bitch would do.

He was never even mentioned in the NCAA investigations (and God knows how much the NCAA would love to nail Cal if given the opportunity) .

Again...if you know nothing about a situation it's best to just not comment.  If you do, you need to be able to take being called a bitch.

Edited by SECats, 20 January 2014 - 07:17 AM.

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 20 January 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Do you even realize that you contradicted yourself in the space of a couple posts? First you call others ignorant for commenting on things they can't know, and that because you're a UK fan, you know better than the rest of us. And then you say you don't have to be an insider or have any special access to know about Cal.

Funny stuff. You know, I said right off the bat that most of the information I had about Cal came from UK fans, many of them a helluva lot higher placed than you.

Since getting all those early impressions I've had time to do my own homework, and I don't like the things he's done nor the way he continues to operate.

Doesn't have jack Posted Image to do with ignorance or somebody being right or wrong; as you yourself just said, everything anyone wants to know is available to all for their consumption, and one need not be an insider to know it.

Well, what I know I don't like; if you do, fine, then we should both be happy with the coaching arrangement.

Bottom line here is, somebody said they didn't like a coach, and pretty much gave valid reasons why, including reasons most UK fans also espoused before he went to UK.

And in response, rather than address those points directly you resorted to personal attacks.

It's ironic that you mention ignorance, because true ignorance has been defined as a person no longer able to rationally or reasonably engage in heated debate about a topic resorting to personal insults.

You are right man....false accusations and anecdotal whining stories of "how Cal operates" is such a cool way of making a stand.  You put me in my place alright.  Because we all know that ish like that holds up in the court of public opinion be damned if realistic.

Stay here.  Get your willies off by slamming a coach that you know little about and then expect UK fans (that obviously understand him better than you) to sit by and take the bitchery.

This place is supposed to be enjoyable.  Instead it's turning into a Justin Timberlake concert.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 20 January 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

You are right man....false accusations and anecdotal whining stories of "how Cal operates" is such a cool way of making a stand.  You put me in my place alright.  Because we all know that ish like that holds up in the court of public opinion be damned if realistic.

Stay here.  Get your willies off by slamming a coach that you know little about and then expect UK fans (that obviously understand him better than you) to sit by and take the bitchery.

This place is supposed to be enjoyable.  Instead it's turning into a Justin Timberlake concert.

I have no idea what most of that means, and I'm not slamming the coach; merely expressing my opinion and saying I don't like him... which is what this site is really about, giving everyone an opportunity to state their own thoughts and opinions.

If the site is less enjoyable to you simply because somebody doesn't agree with you, you must not have had a single pleasant day yet... and I wouldn't be too optimistic about future ones either.

A site like this is too diverse for everyone to agree all the time about every issue.

Anyway, we've taken this thread about as far off topic as possible; so at this point I'll just say we agree to disagree about the man and leave it at that.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

SECats

SECats

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm am finished with the personal attacks and discussions that are like the one above.  On any subject.  With anyone.

Finished.

If you are looking for someone to argue with I'm sure zartan will be happy to be your Huckleberry.

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Come on folks, basketball is not a "real" sport so there's no need to get so upset. :trollface:

And yes, I say this only because my team sucks. :D
2014 Baseball (29-10, 9-8)
4/20/14 at Auburn; 4/22/14 Davidson; 4/23/14 USC Upstate; 4/25/14-4/27/14 Alabama; 5/2/14-5/4/14 at Georgia; 5/7/14 Wofford; 5/9/14-5/11/14 Missouri; 5/13/14 The Citadel; 5/15/14-5/17/14 at Vanderbilt

2014 Football (0-0, 0-0)
8/28/14 Texas A&M; 9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2013-14 Basketball (14-20, 5-13)

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Don't worry, Kentucky fans, we're gonna beat that Gator ass for ya! Roll Tide!!!1!1!
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And by 'beat that Gator ass', I mean in gymnastics.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 20 January 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

I throw out bitch because the same stuff is always thrown out and it not only has no merit it's something only a trolling bitch would do.

He was never even mentioned in the NCAA investigations (and God knows how much the NCAA would love to nail Cal if given the opportunity) .

Again...if you know nothing about a situation it's best to just not comment.  If you do, you need to be able to take being called a bitch.

You keep arguing with me like I don't like Cal or something.
Get a grip.
The man has been accused of a lot and even has had major wins vacated from his resume.
This is what you get for hiring someone with that background.

Deal with it instead of whining like a little girl about how everyone is mean and stupid.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 20 January 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

And by 'beat that Gator ass', I mean in gymnastics.

Unfortunately for you, we are No.1 again.