Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics




Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived


Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5604 replies to this topic

#1441
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,004
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,767
Prather is out for Arkansas and Wilbekin is questionable.
Young missed practice yesterday.

#1442
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,028
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Lexington
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,388

View PostJoeGator, on 10 January 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

Prather is out for Arkansas and Wilbekin is questionable.
Young missed practice yesterday.
I thought it was a 50 50 chance with a healthy Florida @Arky. Might wanna brace yourself for a loss now.
Posted Image

#1443
MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

    en fuego

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,915
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    May 2009
  • Location:
    Oxford, MS
  • Cash:
    1,000

View PostUK4Life, on 10 January 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:


That went up in flames 2 months ago. You gonna throw out some Bobby Morris jokes next?

I'm asking what happened?

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium


Posted Image


The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Formerly known as RebelFan4Life

#1444
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,004
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,767

View PostMerlinsJizzSack, on 10 January 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'm asking what happened?

Maybe if you weren't such a prick all the time, people would be more willing to give a decent answer the times you aren't (allegedly) being one.

View PostUK4Life, on 10 January 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

I thought it was a 50 50 chance with a healthy Florida @Arky. Might wanna brace yourself for a loss now.

Yeah, we are effed.

Edited by JoeGator, 10 January 2014 - 01:27 PM.


#1445
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,028
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Lexington
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,388

View PostMerlinsJizzSack, on 10 January 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'm asking what happened?
UK fans got caught up in a pipe dream. It's probably a good thing they got beat in the 3rd game of the season. Doesn't mean they still won't crush and be one of the best teams in the nation with easy final four potential
Posted Image

#1446
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,004
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,767

View PostUK4Life, on 10 January 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

UK fans got caught up in a pipe dream. It's probably a good thing they got beat in the 3rd game of the season. Doesn't mean they still won't crush and be one of the best teams in the nation with easy final four potential

Your tourney resume is going to be garbage unless Louisville gets their act together.
UNC blows.

#1447
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,004
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,767
Wilbekin also missed Thursday and Friday practices after spraining his right ankle against South Carolina. He will likely play against Arkansas, though he probably won't start and could get limited minutes.
"Patric did not practice today, so I mean he's cleared to play but I don't know how much we'll be able to get out of him the way he's looked the last couple days just dealing with sore knees."
The senior doesn't expect to miss any playing time as a result of his tendinitis.
"A lot of big guys get tendinitis and it’s just something I’ll have to deal with the rest of my career," Young said. "I expect to be full go. When the buzzer sounds, I think I’ll be ready to go and be able to get myself ready with full warmup and stretch and whatever I have to do tonight to get myself prepared to go."

Down 1 starter and two guys at half-strength.
Would love to beat Arkansas but this is one of three road games I was already worried we'd lose.

#1448
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,028
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Lexington
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,388

View PostJoeGator, on 10 January 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Your tourney resume is going to be garbage unless Louisville gets their act together.
UNC blows.
Yea we don't have any great wins yet and bein in the SEC doesn't help. Other than Florida and maybe Mizzou if the get their Posted Image straight we're not gonna have a great RPI. Still can't believe Pastner beat Pitino. Gonna help Florida but not so great for UK. With no bad loses and a padded record hopefully we'll get a good seed regardless of RPI. The rest of CBB is gonna have to lose some games as well.
Posted Image

#1449
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,028
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Lexington
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,388

View PostJoeGator, on 10 January 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Wilbekin also missed Thursday and Friday practices after spraining his right ankle against South Carolina. He will likely play against Arkansas, though he probably won't start and could get limited minutes.
"Patric did not practice today, so I mean he's cleared to play but I don't know how much we'll be able to get out of him the way he's looked the last couple days just dealing with sore knees."
The senior doesn't expect to miss any playing time as a result of his tendinitis.
"A lot of big guys get tendinitis and it’s just something I’ll have to deal with the rest of my career," Young said. "I expect to be full go. When the buzzer sounds, I think I’ll be ready to go and be able to get myself ready with full warmup and stretch and whatever I have to do tonight to get myself prepared to go."

Down 1 starter and two guys at half-strength.
Would love to beat Arkansas but this is one of three road games I was already worried we'd lose.
Injury bug carrying over into bball season for UF. It's depressing getting beat because of injuries
Posted Image

#1450
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,028
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Location:
    Lexington
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,388

View PostUK4Life, on 10 January 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Yea we don't have any great wins yet and bein in the SEC doesn't help. Other than Florida and maybe Mizzou if the get their Posted Image straight we're not gonna have a great RPI. Still can't believe Pastner beat Pitino. Gonna help Florida but not so great for UK. With no bad loses and a padded record hopefully we'll get a good seed regardless of RPI. The rest of CBB is gonna have to lose some games as well.
A BP emoticon!!!! Where'd that Posted Image come from?
Posted Image

#1451
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,004
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,767

View PostUK4Life, on 10 January 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Injury bug carrying over into bball season for UF. It's depressing getting beat because of injuries

We lost at Wisconsin by 6 down 3 starters and lost at UCONN by 1 on a buzzer beater after Wilbekin was hurt.
Still happy we came out of the non-con the way we did.


I think the times we aren't seeded what we would expect, we are overseeded way more often than underseeded.
Not sure which committee members like us so much, but 2012 is the last year I remember getting hosed.

Edited by JoeGator, 10 January 2014 - 01:59 PM.


#1452
MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

    en fuego

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,915
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    May 2009
  • Location:
    Oxford, MS
  • Cash:
    1,000

View PostUK4Life, on 10 January 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:


UK fans got caught up in a pipe dream. It's probably a good thing they got beat in the 3rd game of the season. Doesn't mean they still won't crush and be one of the best teams in the nation with easy final four potential


I see. Y'all should still be a formidable squad come tourney time I agree

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium


Posted Image


The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Formerly known as RebelFan4Life

#1453
PuddingTime

PuddingTime

    2015 SEC Champs

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    44,358
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Oct 2006
  • Location:
    Lexington, KY
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    12,633

View PostMerlinsJizzSack, on 10 January 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

What happened to Kentucky anyway? Aren't y'all ranked like 16th or something?


I thought y'all were suppose to be the consensus #1 team all season and 40-0, or something like that
hahahaha your rings are still gay as Posted Image!

Posted Image


#1454
MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

    en fuego

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,915
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    May 2009
  • Location:
    Oxford, MS
  • Cash:
    1,000

View PostPuddingTime, on 10 January 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

hahahaha your rings are still gay as Posted Image!


Haha it's funny that none of y'all wanted to answer the question. #40-0

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium


Posted Image


The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Formerly known as RebelFan4Life

#1455
SECats

SECats

    Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,742
  • Age:
    45
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Location:
    ....at my 'puter.
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,581

View PostMerlinsJizzSack, on 10 January 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:




Haha it's funny that none of y'all wanted to answer the question. #40-0

I'm your Huckleberry....

I never said we'd go 40-0, I thought there was a chance...that didn't happen.  I did say if we had gotten Wiggins we would have and now I even doubt that.  I doubt it because of Andrew Harrison.  He is having serious issues knowing his role, we'd be a much better team with the white KY boy walk-on Jarrod Polson or the unheralded freshman KY boy Dominique Hawkins running the point....but that ain't gunna happen (sit Andrew).
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four