QB Situation Next Year - Page 2 - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

QB Situation Next Year

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
Saban will find a good qb. Note for bama fans Saban is quoted as saying aj is te single most talented qb he's ever coached.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Heard a lot of hot and cold reviews on Cornwell, but it would seem like he is the long term answer.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I will start thinking about this in the spring. We will have lots of options. I expect someone will start to sparkle a little bit during spring practices. Gonna be fun to watch the battle. Should be very competitive.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Played golf today with a guy that knows alot of people around the program, goes to all the QB club functions and from who hes talked to, it sounds like Del Rio has the best shot going into spring. He said more than likely will lose a few QB's because of just wanting a shot to play somewhere, which in all fairness, you can't blame them. Personally I like Bateman. Thats just me.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cooper Bateman will come out of Spring the starter.

per hardcore Bama fan I know

Edited by NiKKa, 30 October 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image
Formerly known as NiKka

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's wide open, but I've been awfully high on Bateman since we got him.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't think Bateman has a shot at all actually, but that's just my opinion.

Posted Image

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If it's gonna be that big of a problem deciding why don't y'all just borrow Kiel Frazier next year.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
AJ doesn't get half the credit he deserves I wouldn't take any qb in the country to replace him. He's the best Bama has ever had EVER....

I don't think Sims will start either for the same reasons mentioned already. I was high on Bateman too and I like what I've heard about Cornwell but I'm positive the staff will put our best option out there. I've heard the same about Del Rio from sources I know which is kinda surprising actually.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBrometheus, on 30 October 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Am I the only one who thinks losing AJ is gonna be a bigger deal than most think? People forget how great it is having a stud quarterback providing stability and consistency to the most important position on the field for 3 straight years. I can see Bama potentially losing 2-3 games next year strictly due to quarterback growing pains. Luckily we'll have alot of playmakers back on offense but still. I could be completely wrong though, AJ was brought along great as a 1st year starter in 2011, granted he had possibly the greatest defense of all time, and hopefully thats what they do with whoever QB is thrown into the fire next year.

This is what I thought in 2009 when we had to replace JPW and in 2011 when we had to replace McElroy. Saban knows what he wants to do with the QB situation and it'll be a slow process. We'll prob run a lot more next year (Yeldon/Drake hello!) and expect the QB to throw away in most cases that nobody's open. They're not gonna be able to change plays that much either. Whoever comes out of spring has to be the smartest out of the bunch. I haven't seen any of them in practice, so I'll just say that since Del Rio is "3rd string" this year that means Saban likes him. He's the one to beat IMO

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Starting to think that Jacob Coker is a real possibility. Doubt he'll be willing to back up Winston his whole career if the reports of his ability are true.
Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRodLovly, on 08 January 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Starting to think that Jacob Coker is a real possibility. Doubt he'll be willing to back up Winston his whole career if the reports of his ability are true.

Yea but if Winston is around after next year ill be stunned. Hes got nothing else to prove in college. Coker will still have 2 years left if that happens.

Posted Image

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 08 January 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

Yea but if Winston is around after next year ill be stunned. Hes got nothing else to prove in college. Coker will still have 2 years left if that happens.

I believe Coker is a redshirt sophomore this year, so he only has 2 years left.
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Can't wait for the spring. It will be a lot of fun to watch the competition at QB. Gonna be great!
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well Coker can take over as a senior at FSU, but it's still out there that he's expressed interest to those close to him. Even though he recently said he didn't know where it's come from.

If it's not Coker, my pre-spring thoughts are wide open. My favorites today are in this order:

Cornwell(if he has no knee complications and performs this spring)
Morris
Del Rio
Bateman
Sims

Edited by Tider27, 08 January 2014 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users