Look I found an article on all the sectalk bama fans - Page 2 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Look I found an article on all the sectalk bama fans

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#16
RammaJamma

RammaJamma

    Enjoying the Process

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,248
  • Age:
    41
  • Joined:
    Jun 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,362

View PostWadeWilson, on 30 October 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

The majority of sidewalk alums were born and raised in Alabama, and for the majority of eternity, Alabama has been the better team in the state. If you were choosing a team from the state of Alabama to pull for, you'd naturally choose Alabama. That explains why there are more fans of Alabama. Are some really obnoxious? Sure, but the same can be said for every fan of every school. The problem is we have more fans than anyone else because we've historically been successful.

The thing I disagree with is saying only graduates of Alabama should be fans and the rest should gtfo. You chose the Ravens and Golden State as other franchises you're a fan of. Post your contracts for when you played for the Baltimore Ravens and Golden State Warriors or gtfo please.

Now you know Auburn packs 80k graduates into JHS for every home game all the others have to stand outside the gate.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

#17
A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,407
  • Age:
    30
  • Joined:
    Sep 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,343

View PostWadeWilson, on 30 October 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

The majority of sidewalk alums were born and raised in Alabama, and for the majority of eternity, Alabama has been the better team in the state. If you were choosing a team from the state of Alabama to pull for, you'd naturally choose Alabama. That explains why there are more fans of Alabama. Are some really obnoxious? Sure, but the same can be said for every fan of every school. The problem is we have more fans than anyone else because we've historically been successful.

The thing I disagree with is saying only graduates of Alabama should be fans and the rest should gtfo. You chose the Ravens and Golden State as other franchises you're a fan of. Post your contracts for when you played for the Baltimore Ravens and Golden State Warriors or gtfo please.

The problem with having such a disproportionate segment of your canvass being sidewalk fans is that they become the "typical" fan for the fanbase. This is what has happened to Clemson. Every backwoods hick latches onto Clemson because of their agricultural background as a school, and now their fanbase is disproportionately sidewalk fans. As a result, the perception is that Clemson fans are dumb rednecks, even though the school provides quality education.

Posted Image

Posted Image


#18
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,722
  • Age:
    38
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,536

View PostThe Dude, on 30 October 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

The problem with having such a disproportionate segment of your canvass being sidewalk fans is that they become the "typical" fan for the fanbase. This is what has happened to Clemson. Every backwoods hick latches onto Clemson because of their agricultural background as a school, and now their fanbase is disproportionately sidewalk fans. As a result, the perception is that Clemson fans are dumb rednecks, even though the school provides quality education.

You miss spelled UGA.

Posted Image


#19
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,866
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,665
Clay Travis and tranny hookers...never woulda known
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

#20
WadeWilson

WadeWilson

    SECTalk Private Dick

  • ╬ťoderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,314
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,130

View PostThe Dude, on 30 October 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

The problem with having such a disproportionate segment of your canvass being sidewalk fans is that they become the "typical" fan for the fanbase. This is what has happened to Clemson. Every backwoods hick latches onto Clemson because of their agricultural background as a school, and now their fanbase is disproportionately sidewalk fans. As a result, the perception is that Clemson fans are dumb rednecks, even though the school provides quality education.

And I understand that, but what are the prerequisites to being a fan? I know there is pride involved of being a graduate of the school you cheer for, but I don't think that is a requirement.

That's not to say that some of the more embarrassing Bama fans don't get under my skin, because they bother me more than fans of other schools. But they have the same rights to cheer for Bama as I do.

#21
Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,213
  • Age:
    35
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,497
Posted Image


Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#22
Matt

Matt

    NashVol

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,238
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Nov 2010
  • Location:
    Nashville
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,354

View PostThe Dude, on 30 October 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

The problem with having such a disproportionate segment of your canvass being sidewalk fans is that they become the "typical" fan for the fanbase. This is what has happened to Clemson. Every backwoods hick latches onto Clemson because of their agricultural background as a school, and now their fanbase is disproportionately sidewalk fans. As a result, the perception is that Clemson fans are dumb rednecks, even though the school provides quality education.

While there is that downside, the upside is those same dumb rednecks voluntarily give their money to a university.  I mean we could all be like the small NAIA schools (and Vandy) that are only supported by alumni and players parents but the school derives a far better benefit in community support and funding from the "sidewalk alums" then the school loses in perceived prestige.

#23
Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,769
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
I have family in Baltimore and my wr coach and mentor as a kid played for them in 99. Golden State is just my offbeat team for the nba I'm really more of a lebron fan. I do not own a single piece of nba gear. Yeah I have reasons for liking teams other than "they win" and tying all of my self esteem in how good a football team is that I have little to nothing to do with. I think bammers who didn't go to the school are so annoying because they are the loudest about their support, they are also generally idiots.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

#24
RodLovly

RodLovly

    ehhhhh

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,546
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    770

View PostPenguin, on 30 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

I have family in Baltimore and my wr coach and mentor as a kid played for them in 99. Golden State is just my offbeat team for the nba I'm really more of a lebron fan. I do not own a single piece of nba gear. Yeah I have reasons for liking teams other than "they win" and tying all of my self esteem in how good a football team is that I have little to nothing to do with. I think bammers who didn't go to the school are so annoying because they are the loudest about their support, they are also generally idiots.

Most "sidewalk fans" as you call them, grew up a fan of their chosen school. So, because circumstances dictate a different path in life,  they no longer have the right to follow or support their favorite team?
Posted Image

#25
Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,769
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000

View PostRodLovly, on 30 October 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:



Most "sidewalk fans" as you call them, grew up a fan of their chosen school. So, because circumstances dictate a different path in life,  they no longer have the right to follow or support their favorite team?

They have a right sure, I just don't understand the tats the painted tail gaits the row tahd everywhere they go in a loud obnoxious voice.... Even durning prayer, 7 walmart t shirts etc. when they didn't even go to the school. Hell most of them didn't even graduate from a community college...
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

#26
RodLovly

RodLovly

    ehhhhh

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,546
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    770

View PostPenguin, on 30 October 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:



They have a right sure, I just don't understand the tats the painted tail gaits the row tahd everywhere they go in a loud obnoxious voice.... Even durning prayer, 7 walmart t shirts etc. when they didn't even go to the school. Hell most of them didn't even graduate from a community college...

Dude, Auburn has more than their fair share of those same fans. I know a a bunch on both sides. Bama just has more fans and therefore more of your "sidewalk fans"
Posted Image

#27
Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,003
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,403
Posted Image

Id smash. :trollface:

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 1-0 (0-0)


Posted Image


#28
GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,590
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Mar 2005
  • Location:
    L.A. (Lower Alabama)
  • Cash:
    1,200
  • High Fives:
    3,009

View PostDawgfan4life24, on 30 October 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Posted Image

Id smash. :trollface:
Looks like someone already did. :lol:
2014 Football (0-1, 0-1)
9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY)

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

#29
WadeWilson

WadeWilson

    SECTalk Private Dick

  • ╬ťoderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,314
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Sep 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,130

View PostPenguin, on 30 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

I have family in Baltimore and my wr coach and mentor as a kid played for them in 99. Golden State is just my offbeat team for the nba I'm really more of a lebron fan. I do not own a single piece of nba gear. Yeah I have reasons for liking teams other than "they win" and tying all of my self esteem in how good a football team is that I have little to nothing to do with. I think bammers who didn't go to the school are so annoying because they are the loudest about their support, they are also generally idiots.

See, before you elaborated on your reasons for being a Ravens fan, I would have assumed it's because they won the Super Bowl. Which is the same assumptions you're making towards most Bama fans. Sure, a lot of the time you're probably right, they didn't go to the school and have no significant ties to the program, but there is still probably a large portion of the fan base that has some significant ties to the school in some form or fashion that makes it special to them to root for Alabama. Could be their child goes there, or they met their spouse in Tuscaloosa, or something else like that.

But again, I still don't think it matters if someone went to school there or not. Annoying people are going to be annoying, regardless of whether or not they choose Bama as their school they support. The same types of people exist in every fan base. Hell, want a perfect example? Vandy has historically been a terrible program, yet they still produce Hogan's.

#30
zartan

zartan

    Troll Tide

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,648
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,638
I like the part where Alabama football makes up 99% of your self-esteem

You know, because even without that, there's a lot of great things about being from Alabama

Like


Like


It's not Ohio?
Posted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users