Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Terry Saban house shopping in Austin (But Saban will never leave Alabama or even consider it!)

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
154 replies to this topic

#16
Darth Vader

Darth Vader

    Dark Lord of the Sith

  • Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,002
  • Joined:
    Nov 2006
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    10,213

View PostTider27, on 24 October 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

You guys sure are late to posting this one, mildly disappointed.

Yeah, this story was hitting WJOX in B'ham yesterday when I got off work. I just happened to drive my car instead of riding my bike so I got to hear them going on about it all the way home.
Posted Image

#17
RodLovly

RodLovly

    ehhhhh

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,715
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    914
Sigh.... aubs gonna aub
Posted Image

#18
RammaJamma

RammaJamma

    Enjoying the Process

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,547
  • Joined:
    Jun 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,630
Prepare your anus beaches he ain't goin nowhere.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

#19
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,572
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,542

View Postsmokeyone, on 24 October 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:


Sold it.
finally sold?!

#20
The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,423
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    786
I don't think he is going anywhere. But... Let me go ahead and ask a question that we will never get the bammers to answer up front:

If Nick isn't considering the Texas job, why is Terry house shopping there?

#21
Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,920
  • Joined:
    Nov 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,943
Jon Gruden's wife was looking for high schools in Knoxville for their children during Tennessee's job search. We saw what happened with that.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image


#22
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,572
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,542

View PostThe Cowboy, on 24 October 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

I don't think he is going anywhere. But... Let me go ahead and ask a question that we will never get the bammers to answer up front:

If Nick isn't considering the Texas job, why is Terry house shopping there?
she may be helping nick get another raise..

#23
RodLovly

RodLovly

    ehhhhh

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,715
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    914

View PostThe Cowboy, on 24 October 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

I don't think he is going anywhere. But... Let me go ahead and ask a question that we will never get the bammers to answer up front:

If Nick isn't considering the Texas job, why is Terry house shopping there?

Read the article.
Posted Image

#24
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,511
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,272
He ain't going anywhere..... I mean he lives in Tuscaloosa..... can anyone think of a place they'd rather live?

I don't think he leaves but if Bama fans think they are offering anything special, they are delusional

Edited by GatorHater24, 24 October 2013 - 03:57 PM.


#25
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    38,881
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    15,073
Anyway, I'll go ahead and crush some spirits while I'm on the topic.

I found it funny how it was "confirmed on ESPN radio" as a credible source. The best part? It's an afternoon sports talk show in Austin, with hosts saying they've "confirmed" some things.

The first "confirmation":


Update (3:50pm)- ESPN Austin's Erin Hogan is also reporting these rumors, including intel from someone inside Travis County's sheriff's office who claims to have helped with Mrs. Saban's security.



What we later find out from our indubitably objective Austin talk show next is even more humorous:


KXAN has now reported that the Travis County Sheriff's office could not confirm that they assisted with any security escorts for Mrs. Saban.


So which is it? No real rumor or sighting confirmed, but we're led to believe that Terry Saban was without a doubt in Austin. You be the judge.

My opinion is simple, she was with her then pregnant daughter in-law--or not, I don't know--. Now, why would a pregnant woman fly to Austin, just to accompany her on some house shopping for Saban's move? Who knows though, as no one really knows where or why they were there.

Edited by Tider27, 24 October 2013 - 04:05 PM.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#26
possumslayer

possumslayer

    Orange & White Supremacist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,572
  • Joined:
    Oct 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,542
Why would Mrs saban need security? Vaj made of gold?

#27
Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,769
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Cash:
    0
Saban can go to Texas and should IMO he's scared shitless of having a malzhan controlled team in the same fkin state to compete with
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

#28
RodLovly

RodLovly

    ehhhhh

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,715
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    914

View PostPenguin, on 24 October 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

Saban can go to Texas and should IMO he's scared shitless of having a malzhan controlled team in the same fkin state to compete with

You went full aub..... never go full aub
Posted Image

#29
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,778
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,036
You think he's willing to start over at 61 years old? His ego can't be that inflated
Posted Image

#30
Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,074
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,415

View PostTider27, on 24 October 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Anyway, I'll go ahead and crush some spirits while I'm on the topic.

I found it funny how it was "confirmed on ESPN radio" as a credible source. The best part? It's an afternoon sports talk show in Austin, with hosts saying they've "confirmed" some things.

The first "confirmation":


Update (3:50pm)- ESPN Austin's Erin Hogan is also reporting these rumors, including intel from someone inside Travis County's sheriff's office who claims to have helped with Mrs. Saban's security.



What we later find out from our indubitably objective Austin talk show next is even more humorous:


KXAN has now reported that the Travis County Sheriff's office could not confirm that they assisted with any security escorts for Mrs. Saban.


So which is it? No real rumor or sighting confirmed, but we're led to believe that Terry Saban was without a doubt in Austin. You be the judge.

My opinion is simple, she was with her then pregnant daughter in-law--or not, I don't know--. Now, why would a pregnant woman fly to Austin, just to accompany her on some house shopping for Saban's move? Who knows though, as no one really knows where or why they were there.

A law enforcement agency isn't going to confirm something like that for the media anyway. Law enforcement agencies generally can't stand the media and give as little as possible.
Just because the Sheriff didn't officially confirm anything doesn't mean that it didn't happen.