SEC referee Matt Moore can make penalty calls before they happen.... - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

SEC referee Matt Moore can make penalty calls before they happen....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
....or he's got some money riding on a spread with a bookie somewhere.

Posted Image

He's pulling the flag out before Ray Drew makes contact.....looks to me like Matt Moore was targeting Ray Drew.

Congrats to Vandy on their win.

Original Image: <a href='http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/ECDawg78/KasayCirca1978-500x403.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i146.photobuc...978-500x403.jpg</a>

S&C for championship football at UGA has returned to the proven Kasay way.  

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd understand the roughing the passer flag there. But the targeting being called and then UPHELD was absurd. What's worse is the targeting call on Ramik Wilson in the 4th quarter when we stopped them on a critical 4th down... THAT changed the game BIG TIME. Oh well. Matt Moore should be fired and investigated for having money on the game though.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A ref pulling a flag isn't a penalty, it happens all the time.  Throwing the flag is, which he clearly does after the hit.  That being said, he shouldn't have been ejected but the 15 yards was justified.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 20 October 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

A ref pulling a flag isn't a penalty, it happens all the time.  Throwing the flag is, which he clearly does after the hit.  That being said, he shouldn't have been ejected but the 15 yards was justified.

The penalty that was called was entirely wrong and it led to our best player on defense being ejected. Horrible. I'm with you on roughing the passer. What's worse is the HORSE SHIT targeting call against Ramik Wilson later on a 4th down stop by us that would have sealed the game up... Matt Moore should be fined, suspended, fired or w/e. He clearly had money on the game or is borderline mentally incapable of handling the job or tying his own shoes.
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 20 October 2013 - 08:58 AM, said:

The penalty that was called was entirely wrong and it led to our best player on defense being ejected. Horrible. I'm with you on roughing the passer. What's worse is the HORSE SHIT targeting call against Ramik Wilson later on a 4th down stop by us that would have sealed the game up... Matt Moore should be fined, suspended, fired or w/e. He clearly had money on the game or is borderline mentally incapable of handling the job or tying his own shoes.

Isn't the replay official the one who makes the final call on if the ejection should stand?  I don't get why Moore is the culrpit in upholding that decision.

And the targeting penalty/ejection rule needs to be seriously reworked.  I don't think placing a hand or arm near someones helmet-clad head constitutes a dangerous play.  Helmet to helmet, absolutely.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 20 October 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

Isn't the replay official the one who makes the final call on if the ejection should stand?  I don't get why Moore is the culrpit in upholding that decision.

And the targeting penalty/ejection rule needs to be seriously reworked.  I don't think placing a hand or arm near someones helmet-clad head constitutes a dangerous play.  Helmet to helmet, absolutely.

Because he threw the flag and made the call on Drew and as the head official he has a job to over rule the flag if possible before it goes to the booth (which should have been done in Ramik Wilson's flag that was thrown 4 seconds after the play PURELY because of the home crowd reaction by a ref that was 30 :lanekiffin:in yards away from the play).

The entire crew including the replay official deserve to lose their jobs. Period.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 20 October 2013 - 09:03 AM.

Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 20 October 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Because he threw the flag and made the call on Drew and as the head official he has a job to over rule the flag if possible before it goes to the booth (which should have been done in Ramik Wilson's flag that was thrown 4 seconds after the play PURELY because of the home crowd reaction by a ref that was 30 :lanekiffin:in yards away from the play)

I don't think the referee has the ability to tell the replay official to go f*ck himself.  Moore threw the flag because of the high and late hit, which was justified.  What wasn't justified was upholding the ejection, and that call rest on the replay official.

Edited by Crimson Kicker8, 20 October 2013 - 09:06 AM.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 20 October 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I don't think the referee has the ability to tell the replay official to go f*ck himself.  Moore threw the flag because of the high and late hit, which was justified.  What wasn't justified was upholding the ejection, and that call rest on the replay official.

It wouldn't have gone to the replay official to mess up if that inbred Moore called the right penalty. That is 100% on Moore. He chose to call targeting and should pay the price.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 20 October 2013 - 09:07 AM.

Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 20 October 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

It wouldn't have gone to the replay official to mess up if that inbred Moore called the right penalty. That is 100% on Moore. He chose to call targeting and should pay the price.

I think under the new targeting rule he did call the right penalty.  It's up to the replay official to say "no" on the ejection.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimson Kicker8, on 20 October 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

I think under the new targeting rule he did call the right penalty.  It's up to the replay official to say "no" on the ejection.

No, he made the completely wrong call. Completely wrong. Was by no means targeting even under today's standards. http://msn.foxsports...l-week-8-101913

Edited by TheRealBrave, 20 October 2013 - 09:09 AM.

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
You think that's bad?? Yesterday in the SC/UT game there was a fumble...and when there was a pile of about 12 people the refs went ahead and signaled that it was UT's ball. Mike Davis ended up coming out of the pile with the ball, but it isn't reviewable so they still gave UT the ball.
all your bases are belong to us

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 20 October 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

You think that's bad?? Yesterday in the SC/UT game there was a fumble...and when there was a pile of about 12 people the refs went ahead and signaled that it was UT's ball. Mike Davis ended up coming out of the pile with the ball, but it isn't reviewable so they still gave UT the ball.

The Ray Drew thing paled in comparison to the Ramik Wilson debacle later in the game... I want Moore's head on a spike.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users