Alabama case spotlights Emmert, Saban friendship - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Alabama case spotlights Emmert, Saban friendship

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 09 October 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

So the NCAA Director of Enforcement returns to Auburn once Cam is cleared and according to you that's above suspicion, however, it's a conflict of interest if it were a different school?

Seriously?

You can't have it both ways.

What?

He returns after Cam is cleared and we have it both ways? The NCAA spent 9 months on our campus. The guy we are debating put us on probation while employed at the NCAA.

The Auburn compliance officer that handled the brunt of our Cam case is Rich McGlynn and he also worked for the NCAA in enforcement from 2001 till 2006 and yet we still got raked through the mud daily and the NCAA closed a loophole in the rule.

I have never really cared what the rules are. I just want everyone to have to abide by the same ones. No matter who you are.
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Take a ride on this link and look at what we see....

http://www.nevertoyi...re-theres-fire/
"If a Laundromat in Tuscaloosa wants to pick Alabama No. 1, we'll claim it." -- Paul W. Bryant

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Some find it suspicious that after being raked thru the mud, Auburn then hires the chief raker.  I realize it's merely a coincidence that the raker (NCAA dir of ENFORCEMENT) clears Auburn by setting a new precedence because Cam didn't know.  It appears that the raker was rewarded for pass performance.

View PostWDavE, on 09 October 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

What?

He returns after Cam is cleared and we have it both ways? The NCAA spent 9 months on our campus. The guy we are debating put us on probation while employed at the NCAA.

The Auburn compliance officer that handled the brunt of our Cam case is Rich McGlynn and he also worked for the NCAA in enforcement from 2001 till 2006 and yet we still got raked through the mud daily and the NCAA closed a loophole in the rule.

I have never really cared what the rules are. I just want everyone to have to abide by the same ones. No matter who you are.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hilarious article....all it does is reference all of the players/infractions where we kicked the players off the team, infractions that were self reported etc

All of these merely prove that UA is hyper sensitive to infractions and thus aggressively search for them then subsequently find and react accordingly

So damned if we do and damned if we don't.....at least it gives the goobers something to obsess and cry over

Edited by Haymaker, 09 October 2013 - 03:34 PM.

WDavE

WDavE
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I wonder how you guys would respond if the article had been about us with the same minor details. LMAO!

By the way, the writer of the original article didn't attend Auburn. He was the Auburn beat writer for the Mobile Newspaper.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't know about the rest of y'all but I can't wait to get my three in a row tshirt.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWDavE, on 09 October 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I wonder how you guys would respond if the article had been about us with the same minor details. LMAO!

By the way, the writer of the original article didn't attend Auburn. He was the Auburn beat writer for the Mobile Newspaper.

WDave, I'll be honest when I say I've seen many objective Auburn fans in my day. You are sadly not one of them, your track record here at SECTalk will speak on behalf of that. That's alright though, as Updyke has(soon had) too much Bama in em', you certainly have sufficient levels of Auburn in yourself.

If I were to see this same article with it being Auburn instead, and being written by a former Bama beat writer. I would surely be objective enough to know these are more opinionated views than facts. We can sit here and talk about where NCAA officials came from, but to say Bama gets unfair treatment would mean some of you have an extremely short memory.

I suppose it's only unfair when Alabama is winning though.

Edited by Tider27, 09 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 09 October 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

WDave, I'll be honest when I say I've seen many objective Auburn fans in my day. You are sadly not one of them, your track record here at SECTalk will speak on behalf of that. That's alright though, as Updyke has(soon had) too much Bama in em', you certainly have sufficient levels of Auburn in yourself.

If I were to see this same article with it being Auburn instead, and being written by a former Bama beat writer. I would surely be objective enough to know these are more opinionated views than facts. We can sit here and talk about where NCAA officials came from, but to say Bama gets unfair treatment would mean some of you have an extremely short memory.

I suppose it's only unfair when Alabama is winning though.

Too bad my "opinionated views" about the Braves were right huh? ..... too soon?

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 09 October 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

Hilarious article....all it does is reference all of the players/infractions where we kicked the players off the team, infractions that were self reported etc

All of these merely prove that UA is hyper sensitive to infractions and thus aggressively search for them then subsequently find and react accordingly

So damned if we do and damned if we don't.....at least it gives the goobers something to obsess and cry over

The next time I rob a bank I'll be sure to self report it so that I don't get in trouble for it.
R.I.P Philip Luzenkirchen, recipient of Neil Caudle's first career TD pass.
Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
Formerly known as T-Bone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users