Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Watch TF Out, Bowling Green

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
51 replies to this topic

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
These are exactly the types of teams that are up Sham Mullen's alley. Bet the house on State to cover

Now if we can just figure out a way for Mullen not to have to play SEC games

Edited by bluelightstar, 06 October 2013 - 12:06 AM.

Posted Image

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Moral victory.

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't know that there has ever been a more perfect illustration of what I have been telling you guys for years than the game last night. Merlin had a pretty good game plan, both offensively and defensively. We even were able to make the 2 QB thing work well for a half and change.

We had pretty good coverage on their receivers most of the night, they just weren't good enough athletes against future NFL receivers being thrown to by a 4 (maybe 5?) star QB. Our defensive line was getting good pushes to stop the run, but when their 4/5 star RBs would break one tackle at the line, our idiot jobber safety would be caught peeing in the bushes again and give up a 60 yard run.

Merlin's system can win at MSU, we just need TALENT!

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKnoxvilleDawg, on 06 October 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

I don't know that there has ever been a more perfect illustration of what I have been telling you guys for years than the game last night. Merlin had a pretty good game plan, both offensively and defensively. We even were able to make the 2 QB thing work well for a half and change.

We had pretty good coverage on their receivers most of the night, they just weren't good enough athletes against future NFL receivers being thrown to by a 4 (maybe 5?) star QB. Our defensive line was getting good pushes to stop the run, but when their 4/5 star RBs would break one tackle at the line, our idiot jobber safety would be caught peeing in the bushes again and give up a 60 yard run.

Merlin's system can win at MSU, we just need TALENT!

A safety isn't the reason for a 60 yard touchdown run up the middle Sherlock.

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Uhhh I know you always are on Whitley's nuts, but he Posted Imageing blows. He has since his freshman year. When you put 8/9 in the box and blow up a play and the RB somehow breaks the tackle, you leave the safety back there for SAFETY, as in.... you know.... to not look like an idiot and just watch him prance up the middle of the field. Sure, other people shoulder the blame for the long runs too.... but Whitley is the reason they were 50 and 60 yard touchdowns instead of 25 yard first downs.

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKnoxvilleDawg, on 06 October 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Uhhh I know you always are on Whitley's nuts, but he Posted Imageing blows. He has since his freshman year. When you put 8/9 in the box and blow up a play and the RB somehow breaks the tackle, you leave the safety back there for SAFETY, as in.... you know.... to not look like an idiot and just watch him prance up the middle of the field. Sure, other people shoulder the blame for the long runs too.... but Whitley is the reason they were 50 and 60 yard touchdowns instead of 25 yard first downs.

The truth is the LB's gave cutbacks lanes all night.  They scored 60 points and your blaming it on one player. He missed tackles and also created the only turnover we had.  Good analysing there.

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Chris Jones and Preston Smith created that turnover. Whitley got the INT but as usual, gave up more points with being out of position, bone headed penalties and missed tackles than he gave us with that int

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKnoxvilleDawg, on 06 October 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

Chris Jones and Preston Smith created that turnover. Whitley got the INT but as usual, gave up more points with being out of position, bone headed penalties and missed tackles than he gave us with that int

We played man coverage the majority of the game.  The ball was thrown outside of the hashes to the wide side of the field. Impossible for a safety to get there when the coaches force him to align  centerfield. Keep throwing it will stick eventually.

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Same shit different day.  Look good and keep it close for 3.  Get stomped in the 4th.  

I told a buddy at lunch that's who it was going to play out and he didn't believe me till it happened.

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Seriously, the more I watch the hi-lights the more stupidness I see from Whitley. I guess he thought changing his number to 1 would make him better than AJ Green too? idk but he really is killing our defense. I might be a homer, but I really think we have one of the best front 7 in the SEC, and our secondary, especially our safeties completely negate it with how terrible they are. I miss Bonner. Never made hi-light hard hits for INTs like Whitley, but he sure as hell was a better safety. Always in position and almost always made the right play.

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKnoxvilleDawg, on 06 October 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Seriously, the more I watch the hi-lights the more stupidness I see from Whitley. I guess he thought changing his number to 1 would make him better than AJ Green too? idk but he really is killing our defense. I might be a homer, but I really think we have one of the best front 7 in the SEC, and our secondary, especially our safeties completely negate it with how terrible they are. I miss Bonner. Never made hi-light hard hits for INTs like Whitley, but he sure as hell was a better safety. Always in position and almost always made the right play.

Nothing about you is a homer other than Stansbury. And Bonner sucked he never made  any plays. However,   I'm noticing your fetish for Tennessee players.

bluelightstar

bluelightstar

State Alum, UA Law Student

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nickoe is absolutely awful how can you debate that
Posted Image

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbluelightstar, on 06 October 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

Nickoe is absolutely awful how can you debate that

I'm thinking they must be related or something. No excuse for defending him seeing how horrible he is.

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bonner was really good

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKnoxvilleDawg, on 06 October 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

I might be a homer, but I really think we have one of the best front 7 in the SEC,

D Line especially.  Preston Smith is tearing it up and Chris Jones is going to be one those "special" players.  Anybody LSU is playing is no scrub and he was mauling their right tackle all night as a true freshman.  Can't wait to see what he looks like with a little more Balis and play time under his belt.  He won't be here more than 3 years so everybody better enjoy the show while it lasts...