Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Browns want to replace Trent with Ben Tate

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 22 September 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

The Saint's pass happy offense hasn't helped him develop at all, but I won't lie. Ingram was the product of the hottest player on a power house University returning to the spot light. The main reason he won the Heisman in a down year.

Still doesn't take away from him being a very solid runner and an overall good RB.

That's no excuse.  Ingram has shown NOTHING since he's been on the Saints.  Pierre Thomas is a 20x better runningback than Ingram.  No debate.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 23 September 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

That's no excuse.  Ingram has shown NOTHING since he's been on the Saints.  Pierre Thomas is a 20x better runningback than Ingram.  No debate.

Once again, look into the mirror and stop blaming Ingram. I was extremely disappointed when Ingram went to the Saints and knew he would go there to die. There is an absolute debate when you're a PASSING offense and blaming a rhythm RB that isn't built for your scheme that hasn't "showed out".

Be realistic here people, or know something about football please.

Edited by Tider27, 23 September 2013 - 08:59 AM.

Posted Image

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 23 September 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

Once again, look into the mirror and stop blaming Ingram. I was extremely disappointed when Ingram went to the Saints and knew he would go there to die. There is an absolute debate when you're a PASSING offense and blaming a rhythm RB that isn't built for your scheme for not "showing out".

Be realistic here people, or know something about football please.

You do not watch Saints football.  That is all.  If you watched, you would realize that Pierre is the more effective runner.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 23 September 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

You do not watch Saints football.  That is all.  If you watched, you would realize that Pierre is the more effective runner.

Read back to what I said, he's the perfect fit for the Saints offense. A scat back in a spread offense is much more effective than Ingram. You can't just be a good RB in college and expect to be great in the NFL, especially when they don't fit in a offensive game plan..

God forbid I speak on the positive influences of a Bama player though. I've admitted Ingram wasn't the greatest, but to sit there and act like it's ALL his fault is asinine. Not that I care too much in the end, I've already discussed this topic far too long as it is, I don't sit there and watch NFL football closely. But I've seen enough from the Saints to know he doesn't fit their offense, and they should've traded him for some pieces long ago.

Edited by Tider27, 23 September 2013 - 09:23 AM.

Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 23 September 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

and they've should of traded him for some pieces long ago.

Posted Image

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 23 September 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Read back to what I said, he's the perfect fit for the Saints offense. A scat back in a spread offense is much more effective than Ingram. You can't just be a good RB in college and expect to be great in the NFL, especially when they don't fit in a offensive game plan..

God forbid I speak on the positive influences of a Bama player though. I've admitted Ingram wasn't the greatest, but to sit there and act like it's ALL his fault is asinine. Not that I care too much in the end, I've already discussed this topic far too long as it is, I don't sit there and watch NFL football closely. But I've seen enough from the Saints to know he doesn't fit their offense, and they've should of traded him for some pieces long ago.

Pierre Thomas is not a scatback.  Sproles is the scatback in our system.

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 23 September 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

So as a fan are you knowledgeable enough to understand the concept of a player with a particular skill set not fitting with a team he plays on?   Apparently not

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 23 September 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

The should of and should have is the bane of my existence, mainly because I say should've in my mind...but it comes out should of...

Posted Image

Edited by Tider27, 23 September 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Screw Alabama, lets talk about how criminally wasted Peyton Hillis was/is

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStefanozz, on 23 September 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Cleveland is probably going to draft Nick Saban, and Johnny Manziel in the first round.  They will win the 2014 World Series.

Whoa whoa whoa. Obviously you forgot about the recruiting class Calipari brought in

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 23 September 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Whoa whoa whoa. Obviously you forgot about the recruiting class Calipari brought in
OBVIOUSLY you don't realize that Michael Phelps swimming the last leg for the Browns
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 23 September 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

OBVIOUSLY you don't realize that Michael Phelps swimming the last leg for the Browns

Not to mention that Saban and Kobe could never coexist.
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostColonel Black Bear, on 23 September 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

You do realize his experience within a spread option passing offense at Illinois gives him more of a scat back skill set, rather than the pro-style skill set Ingram brings, right?

If you can't follow that simple logic, I guess we're done here.

Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 23 September 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

You do realize his experience within a spread option passing offense at Illinois gives him more of a scat back skill set, rather than the pro-style skill set Ingram brings, right?

If you can't follow that simple logic, I guess we're done here.

Instead of trolling Bama fans, let me ask you this: what team could Ingram be a good fit for?

I say the Steelers

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 23 September 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Instead of trolling Bama fans, let me ask you this: what team could Ingram be a good fit for?

I say the Steelers

They need a solid RB, but they pass a lot too. Maybe it would change their game plans and open it up some more.

I think he would fit in 2-back systems or backing up in Tennessee, Minnesota and possibly Buffalo. Any team that actually runs the ball with some power/stretch, but I'm no NFL fan...just my guesses.

Posted Image