Concealed Carry Holsters - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Concealed Carry Holsters

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I am holster broke!  I keep seeing something that looks better, so I get it.  All of these holsters are pretty good for concealment and pretty good for comfort, but I favor the Galco leather (the one with the gun).  It carries so close that it is very hard to detect; really good concealment.  The Sneaky Pete (with the flap) is good to wear with anything.  The one on the lower left, with the paddle, is very comfortable but not as concealable as the Galco, which I wear outside of the waistband, but inside the belt.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I usually just toss my XDS 45 in my pocket and nobody knows it's there... Gotta be careful to inspect it for lint every time but it's definitely more comfortable/better hidden than my waistband holsters...
I love my shoulder holsters when it's cold enough to wear a jacket, which is never.
R.I.P Philip Luzenkirchen, recipient of Neil Caudle's first career TD pass.
Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 20 September 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

I am holster broke!  I keep seeing something that looks better, so I get it.  All of these holsters are pretty good for concealment and pretty good for comfort, but I favor the Galco leather (the one with the gun).  It carries so close that it is very hard to detect; really good concealment.  The Sneaky Pete (with the flap) is good to wear with anything.  The one on the lower left, with the paddle, is very comfortable but not as concealable as the Galco, which I wear outside of the waistband, but inside the belt.

Posted Image

Take some pictures with some other common objects and the sneaky pete.  I'm interested in one for my M&P9C but I need a better idea of how big it is...

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 21 September 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

I usually just toss my XDS 45 in my pocket and nobody knows it's there... Gotta be careful to inspect it for lint every time but it's definitely more comfortable/better hidden than my waistband holsters...
I love my shoulder holsters when it's cold enough to wear a jacket, which is never.

I hope you have a pocket holster.  Carrying without something covering the trigger is bad ju ju...

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 21 September 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

I hope you have a pocket holster.  Carrying without something covering the trigger is bad ju ju...

The XDS is pretty safe... Heavy first trigger pull and only moves on direct rearward pressure... That combined with the grip safety makes it pretty close to impossible to accidentally discharge.

I do have a pocket holster and use it around half of the time but sometimes if I'm just going to a movie or a restaurant to eat I just slip it in my pocket.
Posted Image

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 21 September 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

The XDS is pretty safe... Heavy first trigger pull and only moves on direct rearward pressure... That combined with the grip safety makes it pretty close to impossible to accidentally discharge.

I do have a pocket holster and use it around half of the time but sometimes if I'm just going to a movie or a restaurant to eat I just slip it in my pocket.

Do it if you want but I wouldn't.  Nearly impossible is still possible...

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 22 September 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Do it if you want but I wouldn't.  Nearly impossible is still possible...

True, but it's technically possible even in a holster... It's definitely not something I'd do if I was planning on doing any sort of moving around besides walking and sitting, but it's relatively safe.
Posted Image

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have to agree with Hobs. Get you a super tuck and be on your way. I don't have one, but that's because I'm cheap and use a cheap-o IWB holster. If you got the money, go for crossbreed.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Formerly known as bmccall

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 21 September 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Gunners custom holsters on ebay makes a trigger guard holster for less than 20.00. Makes a great safe simple way to carry.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gunners custom klydex or blackpoint tactical holsters or GCode are the ones I am running most of the time now. I just bought a Kahr cm9 9mm and use the trigger guard holster with a lanyard. Simple easy and safe.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 22 September 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Gunners custom holsters on ebay makes a trigger guard holster for less than 20.00. Makes a great safe simple way to carry.

I'll look that up right now. I just don't like having a lot of weight in my pockets if I'm going to something like a movie because I'll generally wear athletic shorts and I don't want to unintentionally sag my pants. All of my holsters are nearly as heavy as my XDS so it's like having two guns in my pocket.
Posted Image

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 22 September 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

That or a Comp-tac minotaur

http://www.comp-tac....?products_id=95

Same concept but a little better executed IMO, and I say that as a guy that owns and uses a Crossbreed all the time...

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Carry a Glock 17 G4 in a Blackhawk IWB holster. Cheap, soft, fits well on the gun. Have a Left and Right handed one. Been carrying them for about 2 years now.

Posted ImagePosted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I fall in and out of love with carry guns and holsters. I carried a keltec 32 for years and finally gave it to my mom and bought the Kahr. I am not in love with it yet so I also rotate in a sig p239 in 9mm but its just a hair too big. The trigger guard holster deal was one I used with a raven product. It has a trigger guard holster with a clip for appendix carry. The lanyard version is a little more involved but allows for a tuckable carry no one can see. I have a colt pocket 9 that would be perfect for carry but it has a double action crappy trigger and slide bite from hell. I wish sig made a 232 in 9mm as I would be all about that.

Posted Image