Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

News from the Vandy rape case came out today

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 14 September 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

why are you trolling a fan base that is going through this? this is different than losing your players because of academics, or theft. this has to be very painful for their fan base and to troll them while they go through this lacks a moral compass.

In all honesty I am not really trolling them as a fanbase. I am trolling 1 or 2 of their reactions to this situation. For a select few last years 9 win season has completely changed what Vandy means to them. The 1 or 2 that would camp out on the UT scout board when a UT player had a minor indescresion proclaiming that player would be gone from Vandy are the same ones that think Boyds plea out to a non felony charge in exchange for his turning states evidence means he should play today.

I did not and will not troll the event. That is never troll worthy. I was nothing but supportive on the Vandy boards til the reaction to Boyds arrest and the litany of inplausible scenarios where he was at fault and the DA was being vindictive started popping up. And even that was very very limited in scope.

Yesterdays release of a few details and the theories in which Boyd, their QB and TE were not at fault but just being good team mates and good people is not Vanderbilt University pre Franklin. Honor code violations alone should see them out of school for a year. The pr hit the school (a school that had closed its athletic department and combined it into student affairs before) should be unaccaptable to the only academics institution left in the SEC.

And my trollings sum total was 1 post that was deleted and 2 that the site owner agreed with. I really do have enough sense to understand what Vandy fans are going through. I would expect some UT fans to proclaim some of the theories I saw on Vandymania, until last year they would never have been seen being proclaimed by Vandy fans.

Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 14 September 2013 - 07:39 AM, said:

In all honesty I am not really trolling them as a fanbase. I am trolling 1 or 2 of their reactions to this situation. For a select few last years 9 win season has completely changed what Vandy means to them. The 1 or 2 that would camp out on the UT scout board when a UT player had a minor indescresion proclaiming that player would be gone from Vandy are the same ones that think Boyds plea out to a non felony charge in exchange for his turning states evidence means he should play today.

I did not and will not troll the event. That is never troll worthy. I was nothing but supportive on the Vandy boards til the reaction to Boyds arrest and the litany of inplausible scenarios where he was at fault and the DA was being vindictive started popping up. And even that was very very limited in scope.

Yesterdays release of a few details and the theories in which Boyd, their QB and TE were not at fault but just being good team mates and good people is not Vanderbilt University pre Franklin. Honor code violations alone should see them out of school for a year. The pr hit the school (a school that had closed its athletic department and combined it into student affairs before) should be unaccaptable to the only academics institution left in the SEC.

And my trollings sum total was 1 post that was deleted and 2 that the site owner agreed with. I really do have enough sense to understand what Vandy fans are going through. I would expect some UT fans to proclaim some of the theories I saw on Vandymania, until last year they would never have been seen being proclaimed by Vandy fans.

ok man, well that sounds much more justified than what it initially sounded like. i retract my moral compass comment. i guess every fan base has a bobby and maroon that blindly defend anything that effects their players. sort of the cam newton effect i guess :P