Urban Meyer might have covered up an Aaron Hernandez drive-by shooting - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Urban Meyer might have covered up an Aaron Hernandez drive-by shooting

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A small part of me would almost feel sry for O$U fans if this were true. Finally back on track and a probable championship bid and their coach gets fired.

Nvm, it might help our recruiting in Ohio. That's what really matters

Edited by UK4Life, 28 August 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Posted Image

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 August 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Haha, I still don't hate Meyer like so many Gators do.
I don't think he bitched out when things got tough, and I don't think he faked an illness to retire either.

I just don't think many people have ever been given the opportunity to live out their ultimate dream.
He had that chance and while I don't like it at all, I don't blame him for taking it.

Good point. But I don't hate Meyer. I'm glad that we have Muschamp.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I am indifferent.
I would still root for him against half the SEC.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I dislike the dude, and I thought he was a douchnugget while he was here. I liked that he was winning but I honestly got the feeling he was a guy who never wanted to be here. Most people will argue "how can you dislike him? He won you 2 national championships." I'm not unappreciative, I just really dislike him as a person. I thought he was generally sick the first time he pulled it, then he came back and he tried to do it again and tried to also turn it back on spending time with family when he accepted a job at ESPN where he was away just as much working for ESPN going from game to game every week and then he accepted the job at OSU even further away from his daughter who he was trying to spend time with and go to her games and all that? Like really dude.

I'm not saying this Hernandez story is true, but I really wouldnt be surprised. But true or not, if published that writer better lawyer the Posted Image up because Urban is going to come at him full force because he cant handle criticism.
Posted Image

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 28 August 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

I just don't think many people have ever been given the opportunity to live out their ultimate dream.
He had that chance and while I don't like it at all, I don't blame him for taking it.

kind of like Posted Image taking the job at USC, which was the fulfillment of his lifelong dream

got it!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well you would think Rolling Stone would have their shit together before saying something as major as that, but I don't really trust journalism or the media today.

Posted Image

Kinskey

Kinskey
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I never bought into this Urban hate, but there is a never ending trail of actions where he doesn't look good at all and it's difficult to defend him anymore.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdcbl, on 28 August 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

kind of like :lanekiffin: taking the job at USC, which was the fulfillment of his lifelong dream

got it!

Yeah, except Urban actually won trophies.

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 29 August 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

Yeah, except Urban actually won trophies.

respect where respect is due

Spurrier

Myer

Saban

the 3 greatest coaches that are still coaching the game

My guy, Richt is a damn good coach, but not "one of the best ever" - in the same league as Vince Dooley

his body of work SHOULD have netted a crystal by now (we have had seasons as good as UF, LSU & Bama have had that got them one); but part of it is luck (IE - what did everyone else do that year)

Gator fans should be grateful to Meyer in the same way they are Spurs - and should HOPE that CWM winds up being half as good...
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdcbl, on 29 August 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

respect where respect is due

Spurrier

Myer

Saban

the 3 greatest coaches that are still coaching the game

My guy, Richt is a damn good coach, but not "one of the best ever" - in the same league as Vince Dooley

his body of work SHOULD have netted a crystal by now (we have had seasons as good as UF, LSU & Bama have had that got them one); but part of it is luck (IE - what did everyone else do that year)

Gator fans should be grateful to Meyer in the same way they are Spurs - and should HOPE that CWM winds up being half as good...

We will basically never compare Meyer to Spurs.

I hope one day we can compare Muschamp to Spurs though.
They share some similarities so most of us are very hopefuly that Muschamp does well. He is easy to like.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I still haven't figured out why Meyer left UF if he wasn't retiring. I know he lost almost everything that had made his career a success like Dan, Charlie, and Teblow but pulling recruits to UF has to be easier than Ohio.

He's on a loser right now he may have B10 glory days but the SEC will be there to bitch slap him back to earth on the national level.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!