Dish has screwed up... - Page 3 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Dish has screwed up...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Time Warner recently took over Insight Communications here in Lexington.  Insight's customer service was crap but I never had a problem with them other than they once tried to charge me a rental fee for my router.  Most folks rent one but I own a good one so I just used that...I'm not gonna pay a monthly fee to use my own Posted Imageing router.

Anyway, TWC is now having a dispute with CBS.  Apparently they are not showing CBS in Boston, NYC, LA, and Dallas right now.  My girlfriend tried to stream Big Brother online earlier today and couldn't get it to work so apparently CBS doesn't work online anywhere TWC is.  I am however watching the PGA right now, so it's on my TV just fine.  Shit's gonna hit the fan in a few weeks if they get rid of CBS here in Lexington.  Bengals and other AFC football games on Sunday and SEC Saturdays....better get your shit together!

Windstream, Time Warner's competition here, is already seeing a boon from unhappy subscribers switching from TWC due to inflated rates, poor internet service, etc.  I'd imagine that's about to jump even higher with football on the horizon.  I've never wanted Direct TV or Dish but am strongly considering it if my football becomes endangered.
Posted Image

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 04 August 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Outside of the elderly like vader here who really needs home phones anymore? I really think eventually the won't be offered anymore.

LOL. Had to have the home phone as part of the "bundle". Like I said, we really don't use it, just our cell phone. I got one of those fancy flip jitterbug thingamajigies and love it.
Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ive never had any trouble. Even when dish couldn't get their stuff straight my "free" local channels always picked up the action. Our local abc started a second channel of fox. Nbc and cbs is no problem either. All that still comes thru the box.

Edited by bbqit, 05 August 2013 - 05:27 AM.

Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Any antenna will work.  Just plug it in to the tv and do a channel search.  You should find a bunch of channels but they will be listed like 2.1 2.2 2.3.  Here in Nashville 4.1 is NBC and 4.2 is Telumundo.  I only ever use it during tornado season now that I have HD from my satellite but I used to use it for free HD for Titans games.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 04 August 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

Time Warner recently took over Insight Communications here in Lexington.  Insight's customer service was crap but I never had a problem with them other than they once tried to charge me a rental fee for my router.  Most folks rent one but I own a good one so I just used that...I'm not gonna pay a monthly fee to use my own :lanekiffin:ing router.

Anyway, TWC is now having a dispute with CBS.  Apparently they are not showing CBS in Boston, NYC, LA, and Dallas right now.  My girlfriend tried to stream Big Brother online earlier today and couldn't get it to work so apparently CBS doesn't work online anywhere TWC is.  I am however watching the PGA right now, so it's on my TV just fine.  Shit's gonna hit the fan in a few weeks if they get rid of CBS here in Lexington.  Bengals and other AFC football games on Sunday and SEC Saturdays....better get your shit together!

Windstream, Time Warner's competition here, is already seeing a boon from unhappy subscribers switching from TWC due to inflated rates, poor internet service, etc.  I'd imagine that's about to jump even higher with football on the horizon.  I've never wanted Direct TV or Dish but am strongly considering it if my football becomes endangered.

I had TWC for years and always liked it, even though it was kinda pricey. When we moved a few years ago they didn't offer it in our new neighborhood at the time, so we went with DirecTV. I actually like it a lot more now, and it has tons of HD channels and a good packages that don't cost too much considering what you get. Only thing I liked better about TWC is that the on demand stuff was streaming, whereas you had to download it to box with DirecTV. But now the stuff on DirecTV is offered as as streaming too so you can do it either way. I get pretty much all of the sports channels, plus the ESPN 1 and 2 alternatives. Only thing I don't get is the ESPN Classic.

Usually new customers can get locked into a good rate, and then when it comes time to renew just threaten to cancel it and you can get good rates again.

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
ok So I got home last night and the game was recorded. Aparently the only channel I've lost in fox6.
Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hey dish customers, If you have not done it already. Call their 1-800 # & complain. I did this today & called my local channel & complained that the customers should not be paying the price because they could not agree. If both sides get enough calls , maybe they will speed this thing up some. I can give the #, but it's on your bill & online, If we wait to long to complain. It might affect some of our football games.

Edited by Bigdaddydog1, 05 August 2013 - 03:45 PM.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBigdaddydog1, on 05 August 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Hey dish customers, If you have not done it already. Call their 1-800 # & complain. I did this today & called my local channel & complained that the customers should not be paying the price because they could not agree. If both sides get enough calls , maybe they will speed this thing up some. I can give the #, but it's on your bill & online, If we wait to long to complain. It might affect some of our football games.
naw, ain't gonna waste my time. too many msu phd's working behind those phones.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbbqit, on 05 August 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

naw, ain't gonna waste my time. too many msu phd's working behind those phones.
ummmm  ok,,,,another opertunity to take a swing?  I like it !

Edited by Bigdaddydog1, 05 August 2013 - 03:55 PM.

w00k

w00k
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
yup
dish founder is a POS from east tn

WHO WHUDDA THOUGHT

Posted Image