Dish has screwed up... - Page 2 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Dish has screwed up...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't have anything service at the moment, but I'll probably have it installed in the next couple months.
Had dish for years and have never missed a game.
If I gave a shit about the NFL I'd get directv. But I don't. I prefer Dish's set up and the Hopper is way better than the Directv Genie
Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have dish & lost channels also

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Over the years I have had Comcast and Directv. Since I moved back to my hometown a few years back I use the local power company's fiber optic service. 60mg internet, dvr, and the enhanced tv package for $125 per month. Tough to beat that anywhere. Actually I experimented this year with cutting the cable and used USTVNOW and the various streaming choices. Saved about 30 bucks per month but with football coming back I am getting the cable put back in.

RTR
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 04 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

I know I can get it free over the air ,but not really sure how to properly set that up. Don't I need some sort of converter box to connect to my tv?
If they are HD TVs no.

Redacted

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 04 August 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

If they are HD TVs no.

I have one tv and yes its a hd visio tv. What do I need to do?
Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBulldawgFan, on 04 August 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

USTVNOW has a free version and a version that includes ESPN, TBS, TNT,etc, and network channels. It has a cloud dvr and is like $35 per month. You will nead a ROKU which costs like $45.

RTR
Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

How far are you from an area that broadcasts tv?  Huntsville, Birmingham, Mobile etc?

RTR
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Buy an HD antenna and hook it up. Then do a channel search to locate the over the air network channels you get.

I have direct and about to just use Netflix, hulu+, amazon and over the air. I don't do a home phone and run Comcast internet (25 megs) and can cut my bill by over a 1000 a year by cutting that bill. Espn360 will have my Vols when they are not over the air. The wife will get every thing but big bang theory so its just a matter of researching antennas to make it happen.

Redacted

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postthe Paradox, on 04 August 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

How far are you from an area that broadcasts tv?  Huntsville, Birmingham, Mobile etc?

RTR

I set one up at a hunting cabin and got 12 channels including a few from over 150 miles away. But that was pretty HD. I would imagine the range for HD is close.

Redacted

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postthe Paradox, on 04 August 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Over the years I have had Comcast and Directv. Since I moved back to my hometown a few years back I use the local power company's fiber optic service. 60mg internet, dvr, and the enhanced tv package for $125 per month. Tough to beat that anywhere. Actually I experimented this year with cutting the cable and used USTVNOW and the various streaming choices. Saved about 30 bucks per month but with football coming back I am getting the cable put back in.

RTR
My local telephone service offered a fiber optic cable system. Had it about 2 years & loved it. But then they got out of the tv business & now have dish. I am so disappointed

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't think this lasts. I remember when DirecTv and Viacom got into their little pissing match and people were outraged. I mean the only notable channels that were lost were Comedy Central and MTV it seemed like but a deal got done within a few weeks. So if you're losing fox, nbc and abc, people wont be happy.
Posted Image

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 04 August 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

I set one up at a hunting cabin and got 12 channels including a few from over 150 miles away. But that was pretty HD. I would imagine the range for HD is close.

I do not think there is a range difference for HD.

RTR
Posted Image

Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 04 August 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

I don't think this lasts. I remember when DirecTv and Viacom got into their little pissing match and people were outraged. I mean the only notable channels that were lost were Comedy Central and MTV it seemed like but a deal got done within a few weeks. So if you're losing fox, nbc and abc, people wont be happy.
I hope you right

BulldawgFan

BulldawgFan

Merlinistic Point of View

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postthe Paradox, on 04 August 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

RTR

I'm 82 miles from birmingham. If what dish said in their public statement is true then they really are getting screwed in this. They stated that Raycom wants 4 times to rate that they are charging other carriers for dish to carry their channels.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Time Warner recently took over Insight Communications here in Lexington.  Insight's customer service was crap but I never had a problem with them other than they once tried to charge me a rental fee for my router.  Most folks rent one but I own a good one so I just used that...I'm not gonna pay a monthly fee to use my own Posted Imageing router.

Anyway, TWC is now having a dispute with CBS.  Apparently they are not showing CBS in Boston, NYC, LA, and Dallas right now.  My girlfriend tried to stream Big Brother online earlier today and couldn't get it to work so apparently CBS doesn't work online anywhere TWC is.  I am however watching the PGA right now, so it's on my TV just fine.  Shit's gonna hit the fan in a few weeks if they get rid of CBS here in Lexington.  Bengals and other AFC football games on Sunday and SEC Saturdays....better get your shit together!

Windstream, Time Warner's competition here, is already seeing a boon from unhappy subscribers switching from TWC due to inflated rates, poor internet service, etc.  I'd imagine that's about to jump even higher with football on the horizon.  I've never wanted Direct TV or Dish but am strongly considering it if my football becomes endangered.
"At Kentucky, we don't just play college basketball. We ARE college basketball." - Coach John Calipari

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users