Clowney - South Carolina Sports - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Clowney

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,243
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,326
wow....just WOW


http://bleacherrepor...amming-national
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

#2
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,668
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    11,868
Hide yo O-line hide yo sleds, we raping everything round hurr
all your bases are belong to us

#3
ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,287
  • Age:
    20
  • Joined:
    Jan 2013
  • Location:
    Jacksonville,Florida
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,303
Gaht Dayum
Posted Image

#4
The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    869
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    484
4.5/10

#5
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,668
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    11,868

View PostThe Cowboy, on 03 August 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

4.5/10

If I was an Auburn fan I probably wouldn't know about good defensive form either...
all your bases are belong to us

#6
Hothotz

Hothotz

    Fire Richt

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,268
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Aug 2012
  • Location:
    Georgia
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,287
Getting a head start on the Heisman campaign.

#7
OmahaBound

OmahaBound

    Boston Strong

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,139
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,264
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

#8
GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    4,039
  • Joined:
    Jul 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    675
That wasn't the sled we all grew up with.  Relax.  This Clowney hype is getting ridiculous.  A couple of DB's did the same thing.  Look at the sled.  Lewan from Michigan proved he was mortal along with a lot of other linemen throughout the season.  Dial it back...a notch.

#9
The Cowboy

The Cowboy
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    869
  • Joined:
    Jul 2013
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    484

View Postcocky4ever, on 03 August 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:



If I was an Auburn fan I probably wouldn't know about good defensive form either...

That puny sled is a joke. I'm willing to bet any combo of two SC d linemen could do the same thing.

#10
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    36,790
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    13,891
No offense fellas, but every big time college football program better have at least 2-3 guys who can toss around a sled that small.

He's a beast but that was kind of an expected sight if I'm being honest.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#11
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,668
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    11,868

View PostGamecockDieHard, on 03 August 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

That wasn't the sled we all grew up with.  Relax.  This Clowney hype is getting ridiculous.  A couple of DB's did the same thing.  Look at the sled.  Lewan from Michigan proved he was mortal along with a lot of other linemen throughout the season.  Dial it back...a notch.

I agree to an extent, but if he's going to win the Heisman then having people talk about him is a good thing. Sure it didn't really look like much, but if it's causing people to write articles about him then it's a good thing...and it's good exposure for the school.

And while Lewan did a good job of handling him, the only other one I can think of is the guy from UT....possibly LSU but it wasn't just the lineman it was their power running game. And in 2 of those 3 games he came up with game winning plays when he needed to. So it's not like "a lot of lineman" made him look bad last season.
all your bases are belong to us

#12
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    19,243
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,326
pffff...oh yeah sorry. Silly me. Hes nothing special.

(talk to Michigan and get back to me)

nb4 somebody says..."hell, I could do that"

Edited by CrimsoNation713, 04 August 2013 - 06:47 AM.

"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

#13
GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    4,039
  • Joined:
    Jul 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    675

View Postcocky4ever, on 04 August 2013 - 05:37 AM, said:

I agree to an extent, but if he's going to win the Heisman then having people talk about him is a good thing. Sure it didn't really look like much, but if it's causing people to write articles about him then it's a good thing...and it's good exposure for the school.

And while Lewan did a good job of handling him, the only other one I can think of is the guy from UT....possibly LSU but it wasn't just the lineman it was their power running game. And in 2 of those 3 games he came up with game winning plays when he needed to. So it's not like "a lot of lineman" made him look bad last season.

Ward said he thought Clowney took plays off last season.  He's still learning to provide a consistent effort so any talk of Heisman needs to wait.  No one talks themselves into a award and never in the preseason.  Flipping a sled that gets flipped routinely is a joke.  I think exposure is fine but they need to get more control over the context.  He seems to be taking the bait from the press too often and it's making him appear completely different from his real personality.  Opposing teams only hear the quips that fit the narrative by the idiot press that he's invincible and that just ratchets up the pressure.  Bragging about him flipping a sled isn't Clowney's fault, he was just working out let anyone else.  I'd far rather hear his work-out regimen, diet, study habits, etc... that shows some of his humility.  The guy isn't nearly as arrogant as he's coming off.  That's what irritates me.  Clowney is going to have to pay for this King Kong persona the public is portraying and what's worse, he's going to start believing it himself.  Clowney can't control the idiots that produce stuff like this but USC should help him balance some of it out so the public gets a better perspective.  Once the games begin and we've got highlight videos to talk about, this silliness will hopefully slow-down (I know it won't stop).

#14
GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    4,039
  • Joined:
    Jul 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    675

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 04 August 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

pffff...oh yeah sorry. Silly me. Hes nothing special.

(talk to Michigan and get back to me)

nb4 somebody says..."hell, I could do that"

It's just my opinion.  I'm not trying to make anyone mad about it.   I appreciate your posting the video 'cause it's about college football and like everyone on this site, I can't get enough of it.  And like everyone else, I've got to put my .02 in that's worth .00.

#15
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    15,668
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    11,868

View PostGamecockDieHard, on 04 August 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Ward said he thought Clowney took plays off last season.  He's still learning to provide a consistent effort so any talk of Heisman needs to wait.  No one talks themselves into a award and never in the preseason.  Flipping a sled that gets flipped routinely is a joke.  I think exposure is fine but they need to get more control over the context.  He seems to be taking the bait from the press too often and it's making him appear completely different from his real personality.  Opposing teams only hear the quips that fit the narrative by the idiot press that he's invincible and that just ratchets up the pressure.  Bragging about him flipping a sled isn't Clowney's fault, he was just working out let anyone else.  I'd far rather hear his work-out regimen, diet, study habits, etc... that shows some of his humility.  The guy isn't nearly as arrogant as he's coming off.  That's what irritates me.  Clowney is going to have to pay for this King Kong persona the public is portraying and what's worse, he's going to start believing it himself.  Clowney can't control the idiots that produce stuff like this but USC should help him balance some of it out so the public gets a better perspective.  Once the games begin and we've got highlight videos to talk about, this silliness will hopefully slow-down (I know it won't stop).

Certainly no one talks themselves into a Heisman....luckily Clowney realizes that. From everything the coaches have said he continues to work hard, and throughout his career they've actually had to ask him to dial it down in practice.

And other than saying Aaron Murray and Tajh Boyd are scared of him, I don't see how he's "taken the bait too often". Sure people will hear that quip, but even if he hadn't said that the press is still running stories about him all the time, and he can't change that. All he can do is work to be the best player he can....which he seems to be doing.

And while Ward did say Clowney seemed to take plays off, I think his stats speak for themselves. Plus Ward also said that Clowney can't be blocked when he doesn't want to be. So I guess that means the only way he'll feel that Clowney is giving 100% is if he's never blocked.

When Clowney came in I was worried(like a lot of people) that the hype would go to his head. Most people said the only thign that would keep him from succeeding would be a lack of work ethic or trouble. Our staff has done a tremendous job of keeping him focused, and he has done a great job of continuing to improve. I don't see any reason to think that'll change as he goes into his final season at SC, regardless of what kinds of stories the media comes up with.
all your bases are belong to us






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users