Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics




Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived


Word on the street

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
966 replies to this topic

#886
Haymaker

Haymaker

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,499
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,262
me thinks Minkah might be the most talented player on the team

#887
nooneLT

nooneLT

    Mello Yello

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,376
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,308
So we're picking up Kentucky's co-defensive coordinator for our last remaining open coaching spots. Derrick Ansley, played at Troy, was a grad assistant with us for a couple of years. Apparently a very good up and coming coach (much like Tosh Lupoi) and an excellent recruiter. Good hire IMO

#888
Noah

Noah

    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,877
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,327
Alabama picks up grad transfer WR


we're surrounded by low hanging fruit but our handlers only know how to order take out
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#889
Noah

Noah

    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,877
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,327
Posted Image
we're surrounded by low hanging fruit but our handlers only know how to order take out
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#890
nooneLT

nooneLT

    Mello Yello

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,376
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,308
So Bobby Williams by far had his best year as a coach for us, and he gets demoted to an off-the-field position. Meanwhile We now have an OL coach that will coach center/guards (new hire Brent Key) and another OL coach that will coach tackles/TE (Cristobal).

Was not expecting this.

#891
Noah

Noah

    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,877
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,327
Bobby Williams' special teams and TEs under performed all season and finally shined against Clemson in spite of coaching. Cristobal just the opposite. I hope he coaches special teams too.

View PostnooneLT, on 16 February 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

So Bobby Williams by far had his best year as a coach for us, and he gets demoted to an off-the-field position. Meanwhile We now have an OL coach that will coach center/guards (new hire Brent Key) and another OL coach that will coach tackles/TE (Cristobal).

Was not expecting this.

we're surrounded by low hanging fruit but our handlers only know how to order take out
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#892
UAdan

UAdan

    "They low-down, they dirty, they some snitches."

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    26,965
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    9,075
Word on the street is BUCKLE UP. WHERE ARE Y'ALL BAMA BASKETBALL FANS AT?

Reporter: "38-0. Teams just don't do that in a playoff semifinal."


Jonathan Allen: "Alabama does."


#893
Haymaker

Haymaker

    Redshirt

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,499
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,262

View PostUAdan, on 17 February 2016 - 10:10 PM, said:

Word on the street is BUCKLE UP. WHERE ARE Y'ALL BAMA BASKETBALL FANS AT?


oh im here!  its refreshing to be interested in college basketball again.............hell, it was my favorite sport when young, even played in the Army for my battalion

Avery Johnson is a miracle worker..............and it is really disillusioning because I really believed in Anthony Grant.  With Grant, I eventually thought he just wasnt getting good talent but man oh man has Avery
proved that wrong.  There is definitely talent on the roster and they are fun to watch!

#894
Noah

Noah

    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,877
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,327
Back in 1982, when I was at the Capstone, basketball rocked.   Buck Johnson, Bobby Lee Hunt, Enis Whatley, Mark Gottfried, Mark Davis was one hell of a team for Wimp Sanderson.   I saw Wimp beat LSU with 5 guards in triple overtime cause all his big men fouled out.   Alabama even beat UCLA in LA back in the day.

And all of the talent in the SEC was unbelievable.  Charles Barkley, Dale Ellis, Twin Towers of Melvin Turpin and Sam Bowie, Dirk Minnifield, Dominque Wilkins, Vernon Delancy, Carlos Clark, Jeff Malone, Jerry Reynolds.

One night right before halftime, MS State brought the ball down to setup a last play right in from of the student section.   The students started counting down the seconds 5... 4....3...2 then MS State suddenly launched a long bad shot from the perimeter.  The rebound bounced high to the foul line and Alabama's Enis Whatley caught the ball and then launched a hook shot and got nothing but net ... 3/4 court shot perfect.   Whatley looks up at the center court clock dumbfounded because there was 30 seconds left and the clock countdown was a trick by the students.


View PostHaymaker, on 18 February 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

oh im here!  its refreshing to be interested in college basketball again.............hell, it was my favorite sport when young, even played in the Army for my battalion

Avery Johnson is a miracle worker..............and it is really disillusioning because I really believed in Anthony Grant.  With Grant, I eventually thought he just wasnt getting good talent but man oh man has Avery
proved that wrong.  There is definitely talent on the roster and they are fun to watch!

Edited by Noah, 18 February 2016 - 09:19 AM.

we're surrounded by low hanging fruit but our handlers only know how to order take out
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#895
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,831
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,387

View PostNoah, on 18 February 2016 - 09:04 AM, said:

Back in 1982, when I was at the Capstone, basketball rocked.   Buck Johnson, Bobby Lee Hunt, Enis Whatley, Mark Gottfried, Mark Davis was one hell of a team for Wimp Sanderson.   I saw Wimp beat LSU with 5 guards in triple overtime cause all his big men fouled out.   Alabama even beat UCLA in LA back in the day.

And all of the talent in the SEC was unbelievable.  Charles Barkley, Dale Ellis, Twin Towers of Melvin Turpin and Sam Bowie, Dirk Minnifield, Dominque Wilkins, Vernon Delancy, Carlos Clark, Jeff Malone, Jerry Reynolds.

One night right before halftime, MS State brought the ball down to setup a last play right in from of the student section.   The students started counting down the seconds 5... 4....3...2 then MS State suddenly launched a long bad shot from the perimeter.  The rebound bounced high to the foul line and Alabama's Enis Whatley caught the ball and then launched a hook shot and got nothing but net ... 3/4 court shot perfect.   Whatley looks up at the center court clock dumbfounded because there was 30 seconds left and the clock countdown was a trick by the students.
I would go to tthe games by myself,pay $5 and spend roughly $10 and get a dog,popcorn and a program. I really got interested on Bama basketball when Leon Douglas,Mule King, Ray Odum and Charles Cleveland were playing. If there had been a 3 point line back then, there's no telling what he would have avg per game.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

#896
Noah

Noah

    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,877
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,327
Dude - you are sooo old... That was like 1974, right?

Alabama couldn't never get pass the Ernie and Bernie show at Tennessee

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 18 February 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

I would go to tthe games by myself,pay $5 and spend roughly $10 and get a dog,popcorn and a program. I really got interested on Bama basketball when Leon Douglas,Mule King, Ray Odum and Charles Cleveland were playing. If there had been a 3 point line back then, there's no telling what he would have avg per game.

Edited by Noah, 18 February 2016 - 02:33 PM.

we're surrounded by low hanging fruit but our handlers only know how to order take out
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#897
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,831
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,387

View PostNoah, on 18 February 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Dude - you are sooo old... That was like 1974, right?

Alabama couldn't never get pass the Ernie and Bernie show at Tennessee
yup...74 and yes I'm old(how old are you?? :)  )
. CM almost beat Indiana. Probably the best Bama team ever.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

#898
Noah

Noah

    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,877
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,327

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 18 February 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

yup...74 and yes I'm old(how old are you?? :)  )
. CM almost beat Indiana. Probably the best Bama team ever.

I was 14 in 1974...

Sweet memories there ---> could beat the champ....http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1976-03-18-alabama.html
we're surrounded by low hanging fruit but our handlers only know how to order take out
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#899
Noah

Noah

    Logic gets you from A to Z, curiosity takes you everywhere else

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    11,877
  • Age:
    55
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,327
SEC Network ✔ @SECNetwork
Most Wins vs Top 25 Teams this season:
Alabama 4
Texas A&M 3
Kentucky 2
Tennessee 2
*7 teams tied with 1 (ARK, AUB, UF, UGA, LSU, SC, VANDY)
10:46 PM - 10 Feb 2016

Edited by Noah, 18 February 2016 - 08:59 PM.

we're surrounded by low hanging fruit but our handlers only know how to order take out
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#900
CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

    I'm an angel in an earth suit

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,831
  • Joined:
    Nov 2005
  • Location:
    Olympus
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,387

View PostNoah, on 18 February 2016 - 08:28 PM, said:

I was 14 in 1974...

Sweet memories there ---> could beat the champ....http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1976-03-18-alabama.html
Bobby Knight couldn't quit complimenting CM. I've never heard him talk like that about any other coach since.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users