Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Word on the street

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#31
nooneLT

nooneLT

    Mello Yello

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,696
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,770

View PostSECorBust, on 17 August 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

The opener is looking like a real dud.  :(

"I assume your sarcastic response means you DON'T believe it will be a painful 60 minutes versus Alabama. Maybe you can explain why you're optimistic."

http://www.techsidel...2621#post832621

VT is riddled with injuries and lack of depth. Their "strong" point is an inconsistent QB that everyone loves and a decent DL. It may be close for a half. Maybe.

#32
Tider27

Tider27

    Bammer Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    38,508
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Jun 2007
  • Location:
    West AL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    14,793
On the WRs, we could see a little more 5 wide. We did this with McElwain some, and we have a ton of depth to keep defenses honest. I was going to say, how can you guys forget about Christ Black? He was rumored to be better than Cooper in the practices leading up to the season, he may see more action than most.

As for the OL, I'm a little worried about our pass blocking ability. We may not have time for some deep balls this season, which will limit us stretching the field. But this coaching staff will know our limitations, extra tight end sets with some play-action will solve the deep routes. Especially with these WRs who can get separation. We have great depth, it's just not experienced. There were a lot of guys who got real game times snaps last season with our many mop up endings to games however. I really wish we had a 2nd game before the A&M one, to let these guys gel if anything else.

Our secondary will be interesting to follow. It could end up being a question mark if we have any injuries, but there is an insane amount of talent back there.

.

.

.

Posted Image


#33
SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

    HALLOWEEN is Creeping Up On Us

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,879
  • Joined:
    Jan 2007
  • Location:
    On a moonlight drive
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,203

View PostTider27, on 17 August 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

On the WRs, we could see a little more 5 wide. We did this with McElwain some, and we have a ton of depth to keep defenses honest. I was going to say, how can you guys forget about Christ Black? He was rumored to be better than Cooper in the practices leading up to the season, he may see more action than most.

As for the OL, I'm a little worried about our pass blocking ability. We may not have time for some deep balls this season, which will limit us stretching the field. But this coaching staff will know our limitations, extra tight end sets with some play-action will solve the deep routes. Especially with these WRs who can get separation. We have great depth, it's just not experienced. There were a lot of guys who got real game times snaps last season with our many mop up endings to games however. I really wish we had a 2nd game before the A&M one, to let these guys gel if anything else.

Our secondary will be interesting to follow. It could end up being a question mark if we have any injuries, but there is an insane amount of talent back there.

I think Chris Black was going to be the starter before he was injured. Did we ever get lucky when Amari stepped in and really took charge! I would love to see both of them burning up the field.
Posted Image

#34
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,842
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,410
Black was the starter before he went down against Tennessee, Cooper played in the opener and was on the rotation - he got the chance to really shine by being our best deep threat.

Posted Image


#35
nooneLT

nooneLT

    Mello Yello

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,696
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,770

View PostSECorBust, on 17 August 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Black was the starter before he went down against Tennessee, Cooper played in the opener and was on the rotation - he got the chance to really shine by being our best deep threat.

I think you mean DeAndrew White and Ole Miss haha. Black was redshirted last year because he hurt his shoulder at fall camp. And yes, I forgot about him, my bad. And I'm not sure if Black was actually ahead of Cooper, I don't remember if Black came in the spring like Cooper did. That's one of the reasons people are so high on Falkins this year.

#36
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,842
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,410

View PostnooneLT, on 17 August 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:



I think you mean DeAndrew White and Ole Miss haha. Black was redshirted last year because he hurt his shoulder at fall camp. And yes, I forgot about him, my bad. And I'm not sure if Black was actually ahead of Cooper, I don't remember if Black came in the spring like Cooper did. That's one of the reasons people are so high on Falkins this year.

Yea I'm mixing up my colors again.  Black was injured early on and we thought that we had good depth there so he took a RS.  He was doing well last fall.

Posted Image


#37
SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,842
  • Age:
    36
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,410
Just another shout out to Chiz for getting Reuben ready for us.  He's # 2 on the depth chart and slated for action Saturday.

Posted Image

Posted Image


#38
Noah

Noah

    Founding Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,028
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,088

View PostSECorBust, on 17 August 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Yea I'm mixing up my colors again.  Black was injured early on and we thought that we had good depth there so he took a RS.  He was doing well last fall.
This is not a Black and White issue.

... damn, I've been waiting to use that line, thanks for the setup.
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#39
Noah

Noah

    Founding Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,028
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,088
Alabama is 19-1 straight-up and 12-8 against the spread in its last 20 games as double-digit favorites.

Now how do you like those odds?
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#40
BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,625
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Aug 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,081
Can we borrow just a few of those guys??  Phuleeez?

It will boost your strenght of schedule....

#41
BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,625
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Aug 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,081
Use MSU as a farm team.

#42
Noah

Noah

    Founding Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,028
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,088
It wasn't that long ago that Alabama football has become irrelevant.   And now today, we have a fresh perspective in Tuscaloosa.  Folks are actually in panic mode because there's a sign.... a possibility that Alabama may not have a championship caliber team.

Barrett Jones:  "I have two take aways. First of all, we obviously have a lot of work to do. That's no secret. I'm sure they're talking about it in the building. But I think the second take away is we have the players to get there. It's definitely way too early to panic. I feel like everyone is panicking saying 'we're in trouble, there's no chance they can win the national championship.'

Edited by Noah, 09 September 2013 - 08:52 AM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#43
Noah

Noah

    Founding Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,028
  • Age:
    54
  • Joined:
    Jan 2004
  • Location:
    Crabapple, Georgia
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    2,088
AJ's girls....

Posted Image

blog.al.com/live/2013/09/katherine_webb.html
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

#44
Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,848
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,735
Momma is more Posted Imageable than Katherine...............sheeeeit

#45
Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,662
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Oct 2011
  • Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    3,738
Word on the street is,

Tebow is flying to Gainesville to help Driskel with his throwing mechanics.

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 5-1 (3-1)

Posted Image







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users