Word on the street - Page 14 - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 14

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Word on the street

- - - - -

205 replies to this topic

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think saban wants to give Blake the chance to lose the job

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 27 August 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

I think he is still a little ahead.  Sims is a tremendous athlete that never really settled in at RB or DB.  He was added to the QBs in the spring of 12 I think to shore up some depth and/or to mimic spread team QBs for the practice squad.  I don't think that Saban ever really intended to have to play him at QB, probably not even as backup.  I also think Nuss is gone because he failed to develop a suitable QB to replace AJ.  

I think what the Media has said about Coker is pretty much true.  All the hype the "Sims beating out Morris in the spring just means that he gets the opportunity to lose to Coker in the fall" is spot on.  The problem has been Coker's consistency.  He will give Coker every opportunity that he can to beat out Sims.  I think that extending the QB battle into the season is meant mainly to show the team who the better QB is and help them to accept the transfer QB.

Sims could still win the job given his athletic ability and the type of offense that we will run.  If Coker doesn't get his consistency in shape it will be near impossible to give him the job.

Posted Image

WARDS

WARDS

Hold My Unit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 27 August 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

i think you're pretty much spot on.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nobody is talking about Kiffin.  Everyone is focused on the QB race.  We all want to see how he does as OC in this first game though.

Posted Image

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

SECorBust, on 27 August 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

I think he is still a little ahead.  Sims is a tremendous athlete that never really settled in at RB or DB.  He was added to the QBs in the spring of 12 I think to shore up some depth and/or to mimic spread team QBs for the practice squad.  I don't think that Saban ever really intended to have to play him at QB, probably not even as backup.  I also think Nuss is gone because he failed to develop a suitable QB to replace AJ.  

I think what the Media has said about Coker is pretty much true.  All the hype the "Sims beating out Morris in the spring just means that he gets the opportunity to lose to Coker in the fall" is spot on.  The problem has been Coker's consistency.  He will give Coker every opportunity that he can to beat out Sims.  I think that extending the QB battle into the season is meant mainly to show the team who the better QB is and help them to accept the transfer QB.

Sims could still win the job given his athletic ability and the type of offense that we will run.  If Coker doesn't get his consistency in shape it will be near impossible to give him the job.

Sims told bama when we recruited him, that he wanted to play qb. ....he humoured saban by giving rb a shot but continued to tell the staff his heart was at qb so saban honored the promise from when we recruited him

Edited by Haymaker, 27 August 2014 - 08:46 AM.

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
From another Bama forum

* Blake Sims surprised. Apparently, none of the coaches expected him to do what he's done in fall camp. The team loves him, he's performing well, he's committed. Based on Friday, I think he starts and gets the majority of the snaps on Saturday, and likely for at least the two weeks after that.

* Coker is an enormous talent, but it doesn't seem that he's put it "all together" yet. Sims had clear control of huddle and offense. Coker is way more talented (strongest arm since Brodie, and maybe even stronger than that..also, he has the frame to hold up if he ultimately starts), but Sims is ahead on the intangibles.

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I do believe that Blake will make some bad decisions, be inconsistent throwing the ball down the field and will panic with pressure unfortunately giving Coker a shot

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 27 August 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

I do believe that Blake will make some bad decisions, be inconsistent throwing the ball down the field and will panic with pressure unfortunately giving Coker a shot

yup....
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hearing trey depriest suspended for wv game. "Minor ncaa violation"

Edited by RodLovly, 27 August 2014 - 05:40 PM.

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

RodLovly, on 27 August 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

Hearing trey depriest suspended for wv game. "Minor ncaa violation"

Coach indicated he had work to do to get conditioned enough to play a few days ago.  Maybe he was hoping his violation wouldn't make the media?

Posted Image

RodLovly

RodLovly

ehhhhh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

SECorBust, on 27 August 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Coach indicated he had work to do to get conditioned enough to play a few days ago.  Maybe he was hoping his violation wouldn't make the media?

Seeing it everywhere now. Enter Reuben Foster.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users