Word on the street - Page 8 - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 8

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Word on the street

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 22 April 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

By the time the game comes up I hope we will have addressed our weaknesses and done something to remedy them, but that remains to be seen. I expect the Gators to be vastly improved this year. I hope you enjoy your trip to Tuscaloosa!

Our game with Bama is fairly early; I don't know if that will help us or hurt us.  Anyway, it will be a major East / West confrontation, and that means some good SEC football.

View PostHail2TheTide, on 22 April 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

As long as Coker comes in and performs, we will be our usual self. And I think we have our best defense since 2011. The O-line just needs time to mesh; it has been all over the place this spring.

The depth on your OL is going to be a problem if you get some folks hurting and limping, and the smartness, savvy, and talent of McCarron is going to be sorely missed.  Driskel should be the better QB in the game.  Also, the running of Mack Brown, who is a senior, will be augmented by the surprise freshman, Adam Lane, who at 222 lbs., showed himself to be a load to bring down in the spring game.  I hope these things add up to us moving the ball on your stingy D.  Our DL is going to be pretty awesome and should take advantage of your OL weaknesses.  It could be a very good and close game, the kind of fingernail-biter that we love in the SEC.

Obama is an incompetent boob!

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 22 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Our game with Bama is fairly early; I don't know if that will help us or hurt us.  Anyway, it will be a major East / West confrontation, and that means some good SEC football.

The depth on your OL is going to be a problem if you get some folks hurting and limping, and the smartness, savvy, and talent of McCarron is going to be sorely missed.  Driskel should be the better QB in the game.  Also, the running of Mack Brown, who is a senior, will be augmented by the surprise freshman, Adam Lane, who at 222 lbs., showed himself to be a load to bring down in the spring game.  I hope these things add up to us moving the ball on your stingy D.  Our DL is going to be pretty awesome and should take advantage of your OL weaknesses.  It could be a very good and close game, the kind of fingernail-biter that we love in the SEC.

As far as the game being early goes, it will be the same for us, of course. Maybe we will both get things together and play a great game!
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 22 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

I hope its a good game for the reason of us both being good. I was pretty excited to see yall on the schedule! Reminds me of the the 2008/2009 yrs.
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 22 April 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

I hope its a good game for the reason of us both being good. I was pretty excited to see yall on the schedule! Reminds me of the the 2008/2009 yrs.

Feels like a long time ago now, doesn't it?
Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just fell in love again....

Check out the next to last gif of LSU

http://www.rollbamar...tly-exaggerated
After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah
Formerly known as Noah.Dreams

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 30 July 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

I thought we needed a central location to collect all of the rumors that I'm gonna start.   So if you have one better then log it here.

1.  Alabama has just activated the gray shirt freshman OL Brad Bozeman.  Which means that Christobal believes Bozeman is ready to play OR the offense line seriously lacks depth.

My guess.

Obama is an incompetent boob!

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 26 May 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

I just fell in love again....

Check out the next to last gif of LSU

http://www.rollbamar...tly-exaggerated

I love TJ. He can do it all, people wanna overlook him cause we are spoiled with depth at RB
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm worried about the heights of our guards

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 26 May 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Agree I like the shorter guards with better leverage

Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't care how tall they are, as long as they manhandle the DT in front of them and quick enough to pick off a LB.

Posted Image

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
80 days until kickoff.

Please standby....

In the meantime, here's a letter from Jeffferson Davis.

http://www.sbnation....ncaa-ed-obannon

Edited by Noah, 11 June 2014 - 07:57 AM.

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
NCAA testifies Alabama is pro team.
http://espn.go.com/c...co/SqpxPcOhsl"}

Edited by Noah, 21 June 2014 - 04:42 AM.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHaymaker, on 26 May 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

I wish we were that spoiled. the height of our guards never is a question. can he play and is there a back up is the most we can ask for. well, that and hopes nobody feeds them Mexican the night before a game.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 21 June 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

Wow... more in common with The Dallas Cowboys!
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNoah, on 21 June 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

That moment presented itself last Thursday in the Oakland courtroom of U.S. District Court Judge Claudia Wilken, as she listened to testimony in what has become known as the Ed O'Bannon case. On the stand to her lower left was Neal Pilson, witness for the NCAA, a former CBS television executive who was there to say that without amateurism, many fans would turn away from college sports.

Skeptical, the lawyer for the plaintiffs read Pilson a quote from the writings of the late Paul "Bear" Bryant, in which the legendary University of Alabama coach observed in retirement, "I used to go along with the idea that football players on scholarship were student athletes, which is what the NCAA calls them, meaning student first and athlete second. We were kidding ourselves, trying to make it more palatable to the academicians. We don't have to say that, and we shouldn't. At the level we play, the boy is really an athlete first and a student second."

That was a win for the plaintiffs, just getting that in the court record. But then it got better.

Much better.

The lawyer, Bill Isaacson, asked Pilson if he thought such an opinion has an impact on the affection that Crimson Tide fans have for their team, and more broadly, television ratings for games.

Pilson bristled, responding, "We're talking about the strongest possible school in terms of pro football. I read what Bear says, but I -- I think, frankly, the University of Alabama football advocates follow their team win or lose, paying them or not."

You read that right. The court transcript did not get it wrong. Pilson called Bama a pro team.

A couple of us reporters looked at each other to confirm what we thought we had just heard, before tweeting. For me, confirmation came in the form of the mass shifting of posteriors in courtroom seats after the verboten word fell from Pilson's expert mouth, an audible mash-up of doomsday nerves at the NCAA table of lawyers and restrained glee on the plaintiffs' side.

That's hilarious.

Let's face it, most of the SEC can be considered a minor league for the NFL. About as pro as it gets in "amateur" college football.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users