Word on the street - Page 8 - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 8

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Word on the street

- - - - -

108 replies to this topic

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 22 April 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

By the time the game comes up I hope we will have addressed our weaknesses and done something to remedy them, but that remains to be seen. I expect the Gators to be vastly improved this year. I hope you enjoy your trip to Tuscaloosa!

Our game with Bama is fairly early; I don't know if that will help us or hurt us.  Anyway, it will be a major East / West confrontation, and that means some good SEC football.

View PostHail2TheTide, on 22 April 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

As long as Coker comes in and performs, we will be our usual self. And I think we have our best defense since 2011. The O-line just needs time to mesh; it has been all over the place this spring.

The depth on your OL is going to be a problem if you get some folks hurting and limping, and the smartness, savvy, and talent of McCarron is going to be sorely missed.  Driskel should be the better QB in the game.  Also, the running of Mack Brown, who is a senior, will be augmented by the surprise freshman, Adam Lane, who at 222 lbs., showed himself to be a load to bring down in the spring game.  I hope these things add up to us moving the ball on your stingy D.  Our DL is going to be pretty awesome and should take advantage of your OL weaknesses.  It could be a very good and close game, the kind of fingernail-biter that we love in the SEC.

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 22 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Our game with Bama is fairly early; I don't know if that will help us or hurt us.  Anyway, it will be a major East / West confrontation, and that means some good SEC football.

The depth on your OL is going to be a problem if you get some folks hurting and limping, and the smartness, savvy, and talent of McCarron is going to be sorely missed.  Driskel should be the better QB in the game.  Also, the running of Mack Brown, who is a senior, will be augmented by the surprise freshman, Adam Lane, who at 222 lbs., showed himself to be a load to bring down in the spring game.  I hope these things add up to us moving the ball on your stingy D.  Our DL is going to be pretty awesome and should take advantage of your OL weaknesses.  It could be a very good and close game, the kind of fingernail-biter that we love in the SEC.

As far as the game being early goes, it will be the same for us, of course. Maybe we will both get things together and play a great game!
Posted Image

Hail2TheTide

Hail2TheTide
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostKneesInTheBreeze, on 22 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

I hope its a good game for the reason of us both being good. I was pretty excited to see yall on the schedule! Reminds me of the the 2008/2009 yrs.
"It's all about a mindset at Alabama, either you buy into the program or you don't." - CJ Mosley

Posted Image

Lindsey Duke. College Football's Girlfriend of the Year.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHail2TheTide, on 22 April 2014 - 12:21 PM, said:

I hope its a good game for the reason of us both being good. I was pretty excited to see yall on the schedule! Reminds me of the the 2008/2009 yrs.

Feels like a long time ago now, doesn't it?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users