Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


International Football (Soccer)

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

#391
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

    OLE MISS BY DAMN!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,332
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    250
  • High Fives:
    7,807

View Postadfalcon, on 23 January 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

@ForwardRebels how do you feel about Man U's position as of this moment? As I don't know many of y'all in real life, I, as a Newcastle fan, am trying to find some opinions from someone who is only a point up on us.
Obviously, it's a Posted Image position to be in, but I expected as much. One does not simply fill Sir Alex Ferguson's shoes, after all.
Chelsea fans in particular are enjoying this, as no less than 4 friends of mine make it their personal mission in life to troll me on FB. (My Nigerian friend is particularly gleeful about it, as I always made it a point to Posted Image -talk him when we'd routinely whip their asses during SA's tenure).

I am not completely sure about David Moyes. I have a feeling he was only hired because he, like Sir Alex, is Scottish, and to be totally honest, **the Scots are all being real cu**s these days. Sure, Moyes was an ok player, but like in our football, I am prepared to give him 3-4 years before getting pi**ed about him.

My worry is that Rooney will leave; he almost did, after all, but Sir Alex came to the rescue before retiring.

So, TL;DR: I am going to have to be very patient; rebuilding after a legend leaves takes some time.



**= What with the Independence vote coming up, a possible alcohol tax being proposed in the Scottish Parliament, Sir Alex Salmon being the ring-leading cu**, etc.

(3) Ole Miss Rebels  7-0  (4-0)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

Posted Image


Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

#392
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

    Hail State!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,182
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    800
  • High Fives:
    5,631

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 January 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Obviously, it's a Posted Image position to be in, but I expected as much. One does not simply fill Sir Alex Ferguson's shoes, after all.
Chelsea fans in particular are enjoying this, as no less than 4 friends of mine make it their personal mission in life to troll me on FB. (My Nigerian friend is particularly gleeful about it, as I always made it a point to Posted Image -talk him when we'd routinely whip their asses during SA's tenure).

I am not completely sure about David Moyes. I have a feeling he was only hired because he, like Sir Alex, is Scottish, and to be totally honest, **the Scots are all being real cu**s these days. Sure, Moyes was an ok player, but like in our football, I am prepared to give him 3-4 years before getting pi**ed about him.

My worry is that Rooney will leave; he almost did, after all, but Sir Alex came to the rescue before retiring.

So, TL;DR: I am going to have to be very patient; rebuilding after a legend leaves takes some time.



**= What with the Independence vote coming up, a possible alcohol tax being proposed in the Scottish Parliament, Sir Alex Salmon being the ring-leading cu**, etc.
What do you think of the Mata signing?

#393
zartan

zartan

    Troll Tide

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    20,480
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    8,072
Moyes doesn't know what he's doing

Fellaini was godawful, Kagawa is a waste, and Mata is lazy

RVP coming back might be enough to get them to a CL spot, though
Posted Image

#394
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

    OLE MISS BY DAMN!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,332
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    250
  • High Fives:
    7,807

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 23 January 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

What do you think of the Mata signing?
Cautiously optimistic, but fear the worst.

Won't be anything like when Mesut Ozil moved from Real Madrid to Arsenal.



Still, it's all quite terrible to watch; win the league by 11 points one season, be down by 14 the next.  :(

Edited by ForwardRebels, 23 January 2014 - 08:00 PM.

(3) Ole Miss Rebels  7-0  (4-0)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

Posted Image


Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

#395
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,180
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,566

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 January 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

Obviously, it's a Posted Image position to be in, but I expected as much. One does not simply fill Sir Alex Ferguson's shoes, after all.
Chelsea fans in particular are enjoying this, as no less than 4 friends of mine make it their personal mission in life to troll me on FB. (My Nigerian friend is particularly gleeful about it, as I always made it a point to Posted Image -talk him when we'd routinely whip their asses during SA's tenure).

I am not completely sure about David Moyes. I have a feeling he was only hired because he, like Sir Alex, is Scottish, and to be totally honest, **the Scots are all being real cu**s these days. Sure, Moyes was an ok player, but like in our football, I am prepared to give him 3-4 years before getting pi**ed about him.

My worry is that Rooney will leave; he almost did, after all, but Sir Alex came to the rescue before retiring.

So, TL;DR: I am going to have to be very patient; rebuilding after a legend leaves takes some time.



**= What with the Independence vote coming up, a possible alcohol tax being proposed in the Scottish Parliament, Sir Alex Salmon being the ring-leading cu**, etc.
Thanks for the response. Just trying to get myself used to the EPL culture, it is quite different and has a sharp learning curve but I think I am handling it decently.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#396
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

    OLE MISS BY DAMN!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,332
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    250
  • High Fives:
    7,807

View Postadfalcon, on 23 January 2014 - 08:09 PM, said:

Thanks for the response. Just trying to get myself used to the EPL culture, it is quite different and has a sharp learning curve but I think I am handling it decently.
At least you didn't choose Cardiff City!


/Inb4 BUT HA HA HA, YOU ALL LOST TO SUNDERLAND ON PENALTIES!    ( :(  )

(3) Ole Miss Rebels  7-0  (4-0)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

Posted Image


Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

#397
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,180
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,566

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 January 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

At least you didn't choose Cardiff City!


/Inb4 BUT HA HA HA, YOU ALL LOST TO SUNDERLAND ON PENALTIES! ( :(  )
Considering that most of my sources say that NUFC's biggest rivals are Sunderland and Man U, I hate you for not beating Sunderland and I also love it that you lost :trollface:
Coincidentally, when I was choosing a club I had a Chelsea friend desperately try to sway me to cheer for Cardiff City, Fulham, and other rubbish teams, didn't fall for that one though lol.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#398
ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

    OLE MISS BY DAMN!

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,332
  • Age:
    27
  • Joined:
    Aug 2010
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    250
  • High Fives:
    7,807

View Postadfalcon, on 23 January 2014 - 08:16 PM, said:

Considering that most of my sources say that NUFC's biggest rivals are Sunderland and Man U, I hate you for not beating Sunderland and I also love it that you lost :trollface:
Coincidentally, when I was choosing a club I had a Chelsea friend desperately try to sway me to cheer for Cardiff City, Fulham, and other rubbish teams, didn't fall for that one though lol.
If you have the time and money before enrolling at Ole Miss, I highly encourage you to take a short (two week or so) vacation in the UK.
You think the Posted Image-talking in the Magnolia State thread is heated? Ha, it has nothing on when you walk into a pub with the wrong EPL gear on. You'll get called all sorts of names you've never heard of before, will hear "Bloody Yanks" uttered repeatedly, and then you'll talk about why you chose the wrong team, and depending on your response will either get a round of pints ordered for you and everyone else while you discuss the standings, injuries, etc, or you'll get told to "bugger the hell off" (equivilent of fawk off here).

(3) Ole Miss Rebels  7-0  (4-0)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

Posted Image


Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

#399
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,180
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,566

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 January 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

If you have the time and money before enrolling at Ole Miss, I highly encourage you to take a short (two week or so) vacation in the UK.
You think the Posted Image-talking in the Magnolia State thread is heated? Ha, it has nothing on when you walk into a pub with the wrong EPL gear on. You'll get called all sorts of names you've never heard of before, will hear "Bloody Yanks" uttered repeatedly, and then you'll talk about why you chose the wrong team, and depending on your response will either get a round of pints ordered for you and everyone else while you discuss the standings, injuries, etc, or you'll get told to "bugger the hell off" (equivilent of fawk off here).
Been to Greece, France, and Germany but have never been to the UK unfortunately. I know that me and a few of my old EPL friends are discussing a quick european trip which would involve simply going and visiting several stadiums even if we are unable to attend a game, but that will be far in the future.
One of them, who pulls for Liverpool, is actually going to see 2 Liverpool games this spring break which includes Man U vs Liverpool which is always heated. Jealous of him ha ha

Edited by adfalcon, 23 January 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#400
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,180
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,566
Manchester City has taken over the top spot for the first time since opening day, I have seen this coming for a while now. But Man City also has a huge game this monday vs Chelsea that could ruin their top spot in a flash, gonna be a hell of a game for sure.
And Newcastle United faces our biggest rival Sunderland, I believe we drew the first time so that's gonna be a fun one.

Edited by adfalcon, 31 January 2014 - 09:01 AM.

#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#401
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,180
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,566
Unfortunately we are without cabaye, as he was sold to PSG, and Remy got a red card vs norwich city. But our squad is still head and shoulders better than Sunderland's if we play to our potential, we should win this match.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#402
OmahaBound

OmahaBound

    Boston Strong

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,491
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,447
Don't think I've read their weekly review before, but this was pretty good stuff from Grantland... http://grantland.com...ack-looks-like/

I set my alarm to watch Liverpool/Arsenal.  Quickly realized I didn't care enough and went back to sleep before kickoff.  Waking up to see 4-0 in the first 20 mins was an excellent start to my day, hah.
(Really a draw would have been better for Spurs, but that was too great to not enjoy)

I really wish this went in though...
Posted Image

Gif doesn't do it justice but Messi had a pretty sweet goal this weekend too (in torrential rain and heavy wind).  You'll be shocked to hear Ray Hudson lost his mind on this one....

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

#403
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,180
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,566

View PostOmahaBound, on 10 February 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Don't think I've read their weekly review before, but this was pretty good stuff from Grantland... http://grantland.com...ack-looks-like/

I set my alarm to watch Liverpool/Arsenal.  Quickly realized I didn't care enough and went back to sleep before kickoff.  Waking up to see 4-0 in the first 20 mins was an excellent start to my day, hah.
(Really a draw would have been better for Spurs, but that was too great to not enjoy)

I really wish this went in though...
Posted Image

Gif doesn't do it justice but Messi had a pretty sweet goal this weekend too (in torrential rain and heavy wind).  You'll be shocked to hear Ray Hudson lost his mind on this one....

Posted Image
Newcastle has scored 0 goals in our 3 matches without Cabaye.
I am now regretting becoming a fan of this club lol
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#404
HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,764
  • Age:
    24
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,009
Arsenal needs to get some players back healthy quickly to stay in this race.
Posted Image

#405
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,180
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,566
United States vs Mexico on right now. Only 4 matches till world cop rosters are chosen, let's see how we look.
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users