International Football (Soccer) - Page 2 - The Pros - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

International Football (Soccer)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

Porchdawg

Porchdawg

Ded Chepooka

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Having lived in East Anglia for 4 years, my friends were Colchester United fans, so after attending matches they grow on me.
The act of wearing the 'Blue and Black' to the rivals match was something that I was not ready for.
Reminded me of the SEC more than any other conference here.
The passion these League One teams display is unbelievable.
Some of my favorite memories are of these matches. My 'gear' still hangs in the den at home.
Of course the wife and I had to do the pilgrimage to Liverpool, being fans of the Fab4.
( nice thing was that everywhere we went in the UK, a different Pint was waiting! )
Plan to hike the entire AT in 2015 if I'm still alive.  If not, I'm sure my wife won't let me go...

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I like ManU (Rooney fan) and Liverpool (Sox owners have part of it).
Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's looking like another Barca/ManU final in the Champions League.   Real Madrid will put up more of a fight than Shalke will be able to in the second leg, but with 2-0 on away goals in both semis the odds are greatly in favorite of the current leaders.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

WooHawg

WooHawg
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Always been a Newcastle fan as Alan Shearer was one of my favorites.  They are finally back so it has been nice to catch them on TV this year.  All time favorite player will always be Dennis Bergkamp even though I have never been an Arsenal fan.  It has been nice the past couple years to watch EPL and see some Americans out there doing decent.

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Barca fan. Messi is just insane.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i'm an old man and the embrace of soccer by America's youth in the past 10-15 years is a big a surprise to me as Obama being president.
i used to wear my Aston Villa jersey back in 1996-7 and NOBODY knew what it was...people thought it was a cycling jersey. (admittedly Villa isn't the highest profile team, but still)
now it's nothing to see a soccer jersey at the mall or have a discussion with coworkers.

times sure have changed...
Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So what are you Man U fans doing for the Champions League final on Saturday?   I'm still debating whether to go out to one of the pubs or watch it at home.   Remember I'm a Barca fan so I may be a little outnumbered at the English soccer pubs in town, haha.

And for the Spurs fans, here's a story to get excited about.    We'll see what this kid turns into but they just stole a kid from Chelsea that was previously considered to be the next great one to come out of Barca's youth academy.   I wish things had worked out in Barcelona but at least he's now on my favorite EPL team.
Tottenham Hotspur sign former Barcelona starlet - ESPN Soccernet
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Final:  Manchester United 2  West Brom 1

Wayne Rooney and Ashley Young scored for United
Shane Long scored the lone goal for West Brom

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

FCN!dawg said:

Final:  Manchester United 2  West Brom 1

Wayne Rooney and Ashley Young scored for United
Shane Long scored the lone goal for West Brom

Rioting pricks - 1
Spurs - 0

I wish  they would have just switched home/away dates and played at Everton but perhaps there were unknown logistical problems with that option.

I don't see any way this squad makes it into the top 4 this year, but maybe with Fabregas and Nasri likely on their way out Arsenal will collapse into 6th this year with Spurs at #5 again.   I don't really care about Europa league...just want Spurs above Arsenal.  :P

We get two Clasicos this week though for the preseason Spanish SuperCup.   Barca v. Real Madrid with the first match today 4:00 EST at the Bernabeu.   This will the first time some of Barca's squad will have played together this preseason though whereas Madrid had been together as a whole for a month.   I'm hoping for the best, but acknowledging even an easy Madrid victory this week doesn't necessarily mean anything for the La Liga season ahead.

Edited by OmahaBound, 14 August 2011 - 12:02 PM.

Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anybody watch the Spanish Super Cup?   In the first leg Madrid was clearly the better squad, but Barca put away their only chances and squeezed by with a 2-2 draw.   Tonight Barca were definitely the better squad though.   A couple Madrid goals that never should have happened almost sent it into extra time but a great play by Cesc/Adriano/Messi resulted in the winning goal  with 3 minutes to go in regulation.    Then Madrid turned to their usual asshole shenanigans resulting in quite the disturbance at the end.

Mourinho showed he's even more of an ass than I realized too with this eye-gouge of a Barca assistant...

Posted Image

So we don't focus solely on the negative, here's the very nice game winning goal.   (In Russian for bonus good times)

Posted Image

CockyinCola

CockyinCola

FOURever to Thee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That game was crazy, we were all watching it. Didn't see their first match-up, but this reminded me of their series in the Champions League semi's back in May.

They're definitely the most interesting game to watch when they play each other, but damn do they get called for fouls every couple minutes. And I'm pretty sure Pedro falls down everytime he touches the ball. But yeah, that Messi goal was phenomenal. F*** Real.
Posted Image

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I officially retract my statement that Tottenham has no chance at the top 4 this year.   The additions of Scott Parker and Adebayor have made the offense far more dynamic than they were last season.    Modric and Bale are able to roam and be part of the offense this season rather than desperately trying to force something.   Defoe still misses easy chances, but he had one nice finish last weekend.

They utterly dominated Liverpool in that 4-0 game last weekend.   Yes the fact the Reds were reduced to 10 and then 9 men made it easy in the 2nd half, but Spurs were dominating even when it was 11-all and easily could (should) have scored 2 or 3 other times.

Dominating this weekend against Wigan certainly doesn't mean much since they should have scored more than 2 and in the end allowed 1 goal themselves.   But outside of one chance late the game never felt in doubt and they got the 3 points.    Last year, they only earned 1 point off of their matches with Wigan.

It seems clear Man U or City are going to win the league, but I'd be thrilled with a 4th place finish all things considered.
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I haven't been able to keep up with the EPL as much as I'd like to as of late, but I did see where my Red Devils recently had a draw with Stoke.
The fact that City is right at the top of the League standings with us is a bit unnerving.  *shudders*

@OmahaBound: I've not gotten to see Tottenham play a match, but since you say they've improved a lot, I will definitely try to catch a match of theirs.

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
arsenal sucks, so theres not much point in me watching.  just give the trophy to united.

id really prefer to watch ajax, but cant catch many of their games in the USofA.

Posted Image

HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postfoxflyer5, on 23 October 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

arsenal sucks, so theres not much point in me watching.  just give the trophy to united.

id really prefer to watch ajax, but cant catch many of their games in the USofA.

Dont give up on Arsenal yet, and the Trophy looks like Man City's at the moment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users