International Football (Soccer) - The Pros - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

International Football (Soccer)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
411 replies to this topic

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anyone else a fan of a team in the English Premier League?

I have supported Manchester United since the summer of 2007. Last week, I finally got around to making the trip to Old Trafford (United's stadium) and man was it awesome! Finally got some gear that I had been looking for, and I got to get a couple of the player's autographs.
The players whose autograph I got include: Edwin Van der Sar, Javier Hernandez, Rafael, John O'Shea, Ryan Giggs, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen, Ji-Sung Park, Tomasz Kuszczak, Fabio da Silva, and lastly, Paul Scholes. Van der Sar is a legend in the EPL, and I was freakin stoked to shake his hand and get his autograph. He is set to retire soon. I was also stoked to get Giggs and Scholes' autographs.

If you aren't a fan, you should seriously consider watching and supporting a team in the EPL during the spring and summer months. It makes for a smooth transition right into NCAA football in late August and September. Here's a list of the teams in the EPL as of the 2010-11 season: List of Premier League clubs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia   Each club has it's own outstanding history, except Manchester City, and a long tradition of footballing excellence.

Obviously I am biased, but here are the chants and songs of Manchester United along with the official song: Manchester United Songs and Chants about Liverpool
[video=youtube;2TzRRdsw9cc][/video]

Lastly, here is the official song of the the FC in the city I currently reside in (Liverpool).
[video=youtube;ma3Nax8yyOE][/video]

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.
Formerly known as FCNDawg

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Being a fan of Man U is like being a fan of the Yankees.

I like watching Champions League better than EPL anyways.

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheNotoriousFCN!dawgfan said:

Lastly, here is the official song of the the FC in the city I currently reside in (Liverpool).

sounds better with a scottish accent.

i watch Arsenal for several months each season, up until they have too many draws to compete for the title.  love em, but they are the most frustrating team to follow.

my first team is Ajax, but i only get to seem them on a spanish channel when they play PSV.  so they are pretty hard to follow.

Posted Image

leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

UF Alum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm a fan of soccer in general. I follow the French league more closely than the EPL, but I do catch the games when they're on. I used to follow it more when Henry was still with Arsenal. Lately, I've been finding myself rooting for the Spurs more and more.

My favorite team from any league is Marseille (l'OM).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks to TNCheckeredBoards for the sig!

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

leakbrewergator said:

I'm a fan of soccer in general. I follow the French league more closely than the EPL, but I do catch the games when they're on. I used to follow it more when Henry was still with Arsenal. Lately, I've been finding myself rooting for the Spurs more and more.

My favorite team from any league is Marseille (l'OM).
Yes, the Marseille match cost me some money from the February match in which we drew with Marseille.
Thankfully I won it back in March. Never underestimate the Frech teams!

Posted Image

bear$ are legit.

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
ill watch Ligue Un every now and then, but i prefer PSG.  i used to watch Nantes a little, but i dont think they are even in the top division anymore.

Posted Image

leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

UF Alum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

TheNotoriousFCN!dawgfan said:

Yes, the Marseille match cost me some money from the February match in which we drew with Marseille.
Thankfully I won it back in March. Never underestimate the Frech teams!

Ah man, I was dying over the March match. The first leg really had me believing we had a chance to knock you guys out. Especially with the game at the Velodrome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I watch soccer when I'm eating at a Mexican restaurant.

Posted Image

leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

UF Alum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

foxflyer5 said:

ill watch Ligue Un every now and then, but i prefer PSG.  i used to watch Nantes a little, but i dont think they are even in the top division anymore.

Marseille and PSG. Now that's a rivalry!

Yeah, Nantes is in Ligue 2. Pretty close to the bottom, I think.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My favorite team is Barcelona (went on vacation there...fell in love with the city...my hostel was 2 blocks from Camp Nou so I took the tour there).   On that same trip I encountered the most idiotic airport security ever in Manchester, England so Man U and City never had a chance of becoming my EPL favorite, heh.

I have tickets just a few rows from the field to see Man U v. Barcelona on July 30th up in DC.   I got tickets in the Barca fan club section so it should be a ton of fun.   Obviously it's just a preseason exhibition so the stars probably won't play the full game (and Messi probably won't even be there), but both these teams are stacked enough that I'll still get to see some of the world's best up close.

I've struggled to pick an EPL team, but I'm becoming more and more attached to Spurs.   Their games are so helter-skelter it can be really frustrating to watch, and Gomes really sucks sometimes.   But they're certainly exciting games at least.   They're 4 pts behind ManCity to get into the Champions League again, so  I assume the Man U fans here will also be rooting on Spurs for that, hah.   With games left against City, Liverpool, and Chelsea left though, it's gonna be tough to make it back for next years.

The only other EPL I seriously considered picking was Liverpool.   Not long after finally deciding to fully commit to Spurs, the  Boston Red Sox owners bought Liverpool.   Spurs are still number 1, but that sealed Liverpool as a strong number 2 pick.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

leakbrewergator

leakbrewergator

UF Alum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I high-fived you just bc of your comments on the Spurs. Their style of play has really begun to win me over.

I freakin' hate Liverpool, though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Best Man U goal ever...

YouTube - Funny Goal (Hernandez).MP4
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

leakbrewergator said:

Ah man, I was dying over the March match. The first leg really had me believing we had a chance to knock you guys out. Especially with the game at the Velodrome.
I had to hear all kinds of smack from my French flatmate for almost a month about how mighty, mighty Manchester United couldn't even score a goal on Marseille. Boy was I glad when we won in March (2-1). I guess the positive to come out of it all is that I learned to curse him in French by just saying "Merde Putan" whenever I passed him.

Posted Image

bear$ are legit.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

OmahaBound said:

My favorite team is Barcelona (went on vacation there...fell in love with the city...my hostel was 2 blocks from Camp Nou so I took the tour there).   On that same trip I encountered the most idiotic airport security ever in Manchester, England so Man U and City never had a chance of becoming my EPL favorite, heh.

I have tickets just a few rows from the field to see Man U v. Barcelona on July 30th up in DC.   I got tickets in the Barca fan club section so it should be a ton of fun.   Obviously it's just a preseason exhibition so the stars probably won't play the full game (and Messi probably won't even be there), but both these teams are stacked enough that I'll still get to see some of the world's best up close.

I've struggled to pick an EPL team, but I'm becoming more and more attached to Spurs.   Their games are so helter-skelter it can be really frustrating to watch, and Gomes really sucks sometimes.   But they're certainly exciting games at least.   They're 4 pts behind ManCity to get into the Champions League again, so  I assume the Man U fans here will also be rooting on Spurs for that, hah.   With games left against City, Liverpool, and Chelsea left though, it's gonna be tough to make it back for next years.

The only other EPL I seriously considered picking was Liverpool.   Not long after finally deciding to fully commit to Spurs, the  Boston Red Sox owners bought Liverpool.   Spurs are still number 1, but that sealed Liverpool as a strong number 2 pick.
Liverpool is a great team and has a bright future ahead of them with Kenny Daglish at the helm for them.
You have no idea how often, even to this day, that my other Scouser flatmates remind me of the score 3-1 when we went to Anfield and got our arses handed to us on a platter.

The one negative of living in Liverpool and being a supporter of United is that I can't wear my gear very often.
Rule #1: Never wear United gear into a Scouser pub unless you are looking for a fight.  (Should have been common sense, but you have to live and learn dontcha? lol )

I do wonder how much longer we will have Sir Alex though?

Posted Image

bear$ are legit.

foxflyer5

foxflyer5

I hate that guy.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i hate liverpool.  my hatred grew even stronger under Benitez when they would purchase players just so other clubs couldnt have them.  they were poaching players like Crouch and Jermaine Bennett and then just letting them rot on the bench most of the time.  they could have really helped the smaller clubs they were at, but got screwed by going to the city of stolen hubcaps.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users