George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Catch All Thread - Page 2 - Think Tank - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Catch All Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And I wouldn't plea to anything. The da has taken it too far for that. The only way he doesn't walk is if he's railroaded.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 25 June 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

And I wouldn't plea to anything. The da has taken it too far for that. The only way he doesn't walk is if he's railroaded.

And since everyone expects him to get railroaded the DA is safe.

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postnova, on 25 June 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

If you can't escape, like say if someone is on top of you beating you, then it's still legal self defense regardless of stand your ground. Did you notice they didn't even request a stand your ground hearing?

The authors of the stand your ground law in Florida even said their law wouldn't apply to him. Wasn't you last year that mentioned the "fighting words" agrument about how you can't start a fight and then claim self defense if you get your ass kicked?

After looking at his head, I don't doubt that he was getting his ass kicked. But he was getting it kicked after doing something he shouldn't have been. Like I said last year, it's not murder, but if he walks, it's giving him a pass for being a nosey prick and ignoring law enforcement.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 25 June 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

However, at the end of the day you have an unarmed teen that's dead and the man that shot him did so after doing something he was specifically told not to do. If I had to put money on it, he takes a plea mid way through if things don't look good and he gets less than 10 years

Allow me to lend you my expertise.

911 dispatchers are NOT law enforcement nor do they have ANY authority to tell you not to do ANYTHING. Zimmerman was well within his rights to follow Martin around the neighborhood. How is it that people keep forgetting this fact?

It's not illegal to follow someone. Here in SC, I could follow you everywhere all day long and there's nothing you or anyone else that can do anything about it.

Also, the assailant doesn't have to be armed to be able to claim self-defense. Everyone seems to be missing that fact as well. As long as Zimmerman was in fear for his safety, he does NOT have a duty to retreat so deadly force is authorized.
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 904
Newest Purchase: Fear City

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeo, on 25 June 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Allow me to lend you my expertise.

911 dispatchers are NOT law enforcement nor do they have ANY authority to tell you not to do ANYTHING. Zimmerman was well within his rights to follow Martin around the neighborhood. How is it that people keep forgetting this fact?

It's not illegal to follow someone. Here in SC, I could follow you everywhere all day long and there's nothing you or anyone else that can do anything about it.

Also, the assailant doesn't have to be armed to be able to claim self-defense. Everyone seems to be missing that fact as well. As long as Zimmerman was in fear for his safety, he does NOT have a duty to retreat so deadly force is authorized.

It's not illegal for me to insult a stranger's wife either, but if he decks me for doing so, no one is going to feel sorry for me.

The guy was harassing the kid. People are quick to point out his right to self defense, yet what about Treyvon's rights?

I think Zimmerman did a good thing by calling the cops when he saw someone he didn't know that might have been up to something. But that's where his duty as a citizen stops. He shouldn't have and was told not to follow Martin. He started something and then got his ass kicked by a kid walking home. If he didn't have a gun, maybe Martin would be on trial today.

Looks like he won't do nearly as much time, if any, for actions that caused the death of a teen. I'm still waiting to hear how he had a cwp after being arrested 3 times. Regardless, Zimmerman was wrong for doing what he did
Posted Image

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 25 June 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

It's not illegal for me to insult a stranger's wife either, but if he decks me for doing so, no one is going to feel sorry for me.

The guy was harassing the kid. People are quick to point out his right to self defense, yet what about Treyvon's rights?

I think Zimmerman did a good thing by calling the cops when he saw someone he didn't know that might have been up to something. But that's where his duty as a citizen stops. He shouldn't have and was told not to follow Martin. He started something and then got his ass kicked by a kid walking home. If he didn't have a gun, maybe Martin would be on trial today.

Looks like he won't do nearly as much time, if any, for actions that caused the death of a teen. I'm still waiting to hear how he had a cwp after being arrested 3 times. Regardless, Zimmerman was wrong for doing what he did

The place that says he was arrested 3 times is wrong. He was arrested once in 2005 with the charges waived when he entered AA.

In 2005 he and his fiance put restraining orders on each other in a he said she said. In 2006 he beat a speeding ticket.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Why is the fact martin bought skittles and arizona watermelon fruit cocktail to mix with cough syrup and make Purple Drank never mentioned. His facebook was full of references to lean, purple drank and sizzurp.

Edited by smokeyone, 25 June 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 25 June 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Why is the fact martin bought skittles and arizona watermelon fruit cocktail to mix with cough syrup and make Purple Drank never mentioned. His facebook was full of references to lean, purple drank and sizzurp.

Because Zimmerman didn't know that. Martin's personal life seems pretty irrelevant and the courts agreed. Nice try to put the dead kid on trial though.
Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Then a crime has been committed. It's called battery.

Following the kid while on the phone with 911 is hardly harassing. This is not a crime no matter how much you want it to be.

Like I said, 911 dispatchers have ZERO legal authority to make you do a damn thing. You as a citizen, do not have to cease and desist. If you suspect that a crime is being committed, you can take those matters into your hands if you witness the criminal act.

We don't know what occurred, but going by the facts, they tend to lean towards Zimmerman's version of the facts. Secondly, on the flip-side, maybe if Martin had not committed a crime (Assault and Battery with malicious intent), he would be alive today.

This is your supposition and yet, it is not conducive to the facts.

As for being arrested, you can be arrested and charged with a crime and still own a CWP. it just depends on the nature of the crime and such.

Edited by Neo, 25 June 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Posted Image

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He was a black kid in a hoodie. Why is this even going to trial? Give ZIm the CMH and be done with it.

(end Neo impression)

Edited by zartan, 25 June 2013 - 09:43 PM.

Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 25 June 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

To be honest Smokey, I hate to agree with NYIH, but that's irrelevent in a court of law. That has nothing to do with this case.

The only way that will come into play is if the prosecution brings up Martin or uses witinesses to describe Martin's character and you can bet, they WILL NOT open that door.
Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 25 June 2013 - 09:43 PM, said:

He was a black kid in a hoodie. Why is this even going to trial? Give ZIm the CMH and be done with it.

(end Neo impression)

My impression of Zartan...

Posted Image
Race Pimps

By: Joe "the Plumber" Wurzelbacher

One of the most insidious types of bigotry is race-baiting, for a couple reasons: First, calling someone a racist when there is no element of racism present is really, really a nasty thing to do. In addition, the oppressing of dissent for fear one would be called a racist, and crying wolf whenever it suits the race pimps purpose, dilutes incidents of actual racism wherever it exists. Further, when race-baiters are given a platform and not challenged or scorned, their bigotry gets mainstreamed.

Race pimps such as Louis Farrakhan or Al Sharpton (AND ZARTAN) used to be treated as sideshows or spectacles at best, with the liberal media giving a wink and a nod to the audience that they know what bigots those two clowns are. But politeness and political correctness when it comes to race-baiting has now given way to full-blown acceptance of this tactic as a legitimate political weapon. Why? Because it works. Just ask any executives of companies who have become the focus of a Jesse Jackson race-baiting shake-down.

Those who dare stand up to the race pimp-daddy supreme find themselves on the wrong end of boycotts which cost much more than the coin Reverend Jackson demands they “donate” to his various entities. He’s in the skin color exploitation business, plain and simple.

But for decades, the Reverend Jackson has been able to operate pretty much without scrutiny because since he invented the sport, he knows how to stay under the radar – with an assist from the companies he rips-off, who don’t want any publicity at all. Shut up, pay the man, use the scam as a public relations opportunity for the company and hope the Reverend moves on. But now, race-baiting has gone mainstream and it’s not just for black leaders anymore. The white liberal is getting in on the action.

A funny meme making it’s way around Facebook is a picture of the Dos Eqquis “most interesting man in the world” guy with the caption: “I don’t always get called a racist, but when I do, I’ve just won an argument with a liberal…” Funny, right, but how true it is. In fact, it used to be you knew when the debate was over and your liberal opponent was beat when they called you a racist. But they’re not waiting for the debate anymore – they’re cutting right to the racist accusations from the get go.
John McCain, Senator, war-hero, and presidential candidate was called a racist the other day for daring to say he wouldn’t support Susan Rice’s nomination for Secretary of State if she was found to be less than honest regarding the Bengazi scandal where four Americans were killed. Senator McCain could very well be wrong in the end about Ms. Rice’s involvement in the incident and she certainly is more qualified than our present Secretary of State – but why would John McCain’s concern make him a racist? The answer is, because of her skin color.

Before a single question is posed to Susan Rice about who told her what, why and when – anyone who says anything regarding her involvement has been deemed to be racist, not by the Reverend Al, not by Louis Farakhan or even Spike Lee – but by representatives in the DNC, White House operatives and their mainstream media co-horts.

Race-pimping has now been elevated to talking points by the liberal establishment. Why? Because it detracts from the real issue of why Susan Rice pushed a useless and unknown video as the cause of terrorist attacks on Americans for a week, the question of why the White House would remove the real cause from CIA reports and to stop in their tracks anyone else who might take issue with Ms. Rice’s behavior.

… In other words, it works.

http://www.redstate..../27/race-pimps/

Edited by Neo, 25 June 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeo, on 25 June 2013 - 09:50 PM, said:

To be honest Smokey, I hate to agree with NYIH, but that's irrelevent in a court of law. That has nothing to do with this case.

The only way that will come into play is if the prosecution brings up Martin or uses witinesses to describe Martin's character and you can bet, they WILL NOT open that door.

In the court of public opinion it matters just as much as pictures of martin when he was 11. It matters just as much as Zimmerman beating a speeding ticket in 2006. This kid was a walking statistic living the thug life.

Posted Image

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know they're not law enforcement officials, but the 911 dispatcher said to leave it alone and that a police officer would be on scene shortly. There's a reason they're 911 operators..they're trained to advise you in such situations. It should be law to follow their directions if you ask me, but whatever.

If he had listened to the 911 dispatcher, none of this even happens. Zimmerman's a retard, the killing being self defense or not. Should have never come down to it.

Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTitans4Vols, on 25 June 2013 - 10:50 PM, said:

I know they're not law enforcement officials, but the 911 dispatcher said to leave it alone and that a police officer would be on scene shortly. There's a reason they're 911 operators..they're trained to advise you in such situations. It should be law to follow their directions if you ask me, but whatever.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!  Are you serious? You're joking right?

A 911 operator knows exactly DIDDLY SQUAT! Since we're offering quotes, let's look at the operator's quote;

"we don't need you to do that."

Just for argument's sake, that's hardly a command like that matters.

They're not there, they don't know what's going on....nothing. They go by only what they're told which can vary person to person based on perception.

As a former LEO, I can assure you that there are quite a few 911 operators that couldn't cook a pack of Ramen Noodles, let alone advise someone on a situation that is based on hearsay to say the least.
Posted Image