Anderson Silva just got knocked the fawk out - Page 3 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Anderson Silva just got knocked the fawk out

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If I had a nickel for everytime somebody told me they were training in MMA I could pay for my own promoter to follow me around announcing me as "Hobnailed the long-nailed Boots" expert every time I walked into a gas station.

Nowadays it seems if you pay for four 30-minute sessions at one of the numerous "MMA" gyms, you can call yourself a fighter and speak authoritatively regarding UFC fights.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 07 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 July 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

If I had a nickel for everytime somebody told me they were training in MMA I could pay for my own promoter to follow me around announcing me as "Hobnailed the long-nailed Boots" expert every time I walked into a gas station.

Nowadays it seems if you pay for four 30-minute sessions at one of the numerous "MMA" gyms, you can call yourself a fighter and speak authoritatively regarding UFC fights.

I train at the best gym within 200+ miles of mobile. Usually this is very true though, most of those places are former "karate" mcdojos who converted to "mma" gyms once their "blackbelt" owner/instructor got his blue belt in jiu jitsu. I don't blame you for thinking this. HOWEVER I do have more authority than some dumbass who only watches it on tv telling me "you know nothing about mma"

I can't stand guys who think because they can name 5 chokeholds and wear a tapout shirt every day that they can speak authoritatively about the sport.

bottom line, I know next to nothing, but its better than the nothing that Posted Imagewad over here who thinks he knows everything knows.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPenguin, on 07 July 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

I train at the best gym within 200+ miles of mobile. Usually this is very true though, most of those places are former "karate" mcdojos who converted to "mma" gyms once their "blackbelt" owner/instructor got his blue belt in jiu jitsu. I don't blame you for thinking this. HOWEVER I do have more authority than some dumbass who only watches it on tv telling me "you know nothing about mma"

I can't stand guys who think because they can name 5 chokeholds and wear a tapout shirt every day that they can speak authoritatively about the sport.

bottom line, I know next to nothing, but its better than the nothing that :lanekiffin:wad over here who thinks he knows everything knows.

You aren't helping yourself here.

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 07 July 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

You aren't helping yourself here.

I really dont give a fk about improving your opinion of me. If you cant listen to something that makes sense thats your problem not mine. I think silva threw the fight, he said BEFORE the fight that he was tired of having the belt, you dont have to be an mma expert to know theres a good chance he was just tired and wanted to go out on his own terms.

and if you think the other guy was going to beat him no matter what you're dumb, silva was jogging and half speed and laughing about it and the other guy was sprinting and silva got caught, end of story, doesnt make mr no name 10 - 0 fighter that no ones ever heard of better than Silva, it makes him lucky that he was fighting a 38 year old bruce lee equivalent that didnt give a fk if he won or lost.
Posted Image   

Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPenguin, on 07 July 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

bottom line, I know next to nothing, but its better than the nothing that :lanekiffin:wad over here who thinks he knows everything knows.
nevermind...its not worth it.

Edited by Gidnik, 07 July 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Anyone who says Silva would have lost had he taken the fight seriously knows jack shit about MMA. He is the GOAT, but he's also 38 and his heart wasn't in it. I don't think he "threw" the fight, but he clearly didn't care that much about it. He doesn't want to do this level of training and fighting anymore, he's said that in several of the post fight talks. Yeah he was showing his ass and got caught, but I really think that was because he wasn't that interested in winning. Weidman is a good fighter, but if Silva gave 100%, he'd have KO'ed him in the 1st. Weidman looked gassed early. I doubt he holds the belt longer than 1 or 2 matches.

Long live the King.

Edited by NextYearIsHere, 08 July 2013 - 02:44 AM.

Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
) Silva is 38
2) Silva has 10 fights left on his contract. That would mean he would have to fight until he is roughly 45. Training year round at that age must be exhausting. Baseball players don't even make it to that age.
3) In order to get out of his contract, he would either need Dana White's permission or buy his way out costing him millions.
4) In his career as a UFC title holder, Silva has be in exactly one close fight. Chael Sonnen 1, in which he fought with a serious injury and still managed to submit Sonnen in the final round.
5) As a title holder, Silva is forced to fight top competition. This means he has to train hard to stay in fighting shape. Everyone is gunning for him. And, most importantly, as the unanimous best pound for pound fighter, he has people pestering him and his family all the time.
6) If Dana White were going to allow Silva to run off into the sunset and retire, he would need a champion to take his place. Preferably a good looking, god faring, all-American boy with the ability to defend his title for at least a few fights. And, that champion would need to earn the belt with a victory, rather than receive it as a hand me down. The bottom line is, Silva sells tickets. If tonights main event was Weidman Sonnen, I don't buy a PPV ticket and neither do millions of other viewers. Having knocked out Silva, UFC has a white all-american champ to carry the UFC torch with Jon Jones.

Evidence that he did throw the fight?
1) He entrance routine changed for this fight. He stopped and squatted on the yellow line before entering the arena as if to take everything in for one last time.
2) He kissed and hugged everyone on his team and thanked them before stepping into the ring.
3) Every punch he threw was with an open hand. I went back and watched the fight in slow motion. It's quite obvious.
4) Every kick missed by at least 8 inches, even though Weidman didn't dodge more than an inch or two. For the most accurate striker in MMA history, that's strange.
5) He clowned around the entire time he wasn't on the ground. Yes, he clowns around a lot. But, he never actually lets his opponents hit him in the face. Tonight, he was standing in and letting himself get hit. Maybe he was just being even more cocky than usual, BUT
6) Do you believe a guy that is cocky enough to act the way he does in the ring, would simply roll over, hand off the belt, turn down a title shot on the spot, and admit that Weidman is "The best now." Note: Silva doesn't speak English. He has never given a post-fight speech where he spoke so coherently in English. It was almost as if he has prepared that speech.
7) This is what convinced me he went into the ring intending to get knocked out. I didn't believe it after the first watch. I thought he just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. But, at the end of the first round, when he is yelling at Weidman and telling him to hit him in the face, he dodges the punch like he always does with what appears to be instincts. Then, he mouths "come on" to himself, shakes his head as if he is psyching himself up to get hit, walks sideways with out looking at weidman, and then sticks his head out again and starts taking all of Weidman's punches to the face instead of dodging them.
8) Before he got knocked out, he was doing that fake wobble thing with his EYES CLOSED. Either he has zero respect for Weidman or he wasn't really trying to win. And, if he had zero respect for Weidman, why doesn't he want a rematch and why does he call him the best now in his post-fight speach.
9) Weidman thanks him for the "opportunity" in their embrace after he wins. What opportunity? Silva doesn't have control over who he fights. It isn't boxing. Was he talking about giving him an opening? Or, was he talking about letting him be champion?
10) While Silva has clowned around before, he always clowns then attacks. Tonight, he didn't attack once. He didn't throw a single punch with a closed fist in this whole fight.
Posted Image   

Posted Image

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 07 July 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

Anyone who says Silva would have lost had he taken the fight seriously know jack shit about MMA. He is the GOAT, but he's also 38 and his heart wasn't in it. I don't think he "threw" the fight, but he clearly didn't care that much about it. He doesn't want to do this level of training and fighting anymore, he's said that in several of the post fight talks. Yeah he was showing his ass and got caught, but I really think that was because he wasn't that interested in winning. Weidman is a good fighter, but if Silva gave 100%, he'd have KO'ed him in the 1st. Weidman looked gassed early. I doubt he holds the belt longer than 1 or 2 matches.

Long live the King.

oh look someone else has some sense.
Posted Image   

Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He was kinda like Chuck Liddell who will always be my all time fav. The more dominant he got the less serious he took the fight. Liddell's camp said he trained only 3 weeks for the fight against Rampage...smh

Im guessing he didn't exactly train for this fight like he did against Rich Franklin. At 38 its perfectly understandable not being able to train like he's use to, but damn he needed to realize that his age was gonna catch up to him. Shouldn't of exaggerated the show boating so much.
Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I def felt in the 1st round he had bits of spurts where he actually attacked Weidman and he couldn't do anything about it. I don't believe he threw the fight, but I also haven't heard his post fight interview I guess. His MO the last few fights have been to toy around with his opponents and I think that's exactly what he was doing. If he threw the fight then he found the perfect punch to take without knowing, a weak cross that hit him perfectly.

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And he was getting wrecked before he Joe theisman'd his leg
Posted Image

Mentofresh

Mentofresh

Alt-na-Shellach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
That was disgusting.

Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I felt physically sick
Posted Image

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Weidmann certainly looks the part, solid striker and even better grappler/wrestler. We'll see what he's got against Belfor.

And that leg, tough to watch. Sad to see his career more than likely end like that.

Posted Image

Mentofresh

Mentofresh

Alt-na-Shellach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The middleweight division is about to get really interesting.

Vitor, Machida, Mousasi, Jacare, etc

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users