Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Predict the Record (2013): Week 2 - Tennessee

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Poll: Tennessee - Predict the Record (2013) (55 member(s) have cast votes)

What Will Tennessee's Record Be?

1. 12-0 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 11-1 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 10-2 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 9-3 (1 votes [1.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

5. 8-4 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 7-5 (12 votes [21.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.82%

7. 6-6 (18 votes [32.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.73%

8. 5-7 (14 votes [25.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.45%

9. 4-8 (10 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

10. 3-9 (0 votes [0.00%])

11. 2-10 (0 votes [0.00%])

12. 1-11 (0 votes [0.00%])

13. 0-12 (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 14 June 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Fine.  Don't lose to Vandy if you want.  Cats will take care of the Urnge.
:rolleyes:
Posted Image
Formerly known as Darth Neyland

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Dang, we lose one game to yall in your life time and you start feeling froggy.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Dang, we lose one game to yall in your life time and you start feeling froggy.

Posted Image

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Remember the last 5-6 times you've done this and how it's ended, Puddin? Save yourself the pain.
Posted Image all of you

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just don't think Butch is going to be the answer in Knoxville.  He wasn't all that great at Cincinnati...I still don't know why you guys hired him. UT SHOULD be able to get a higher caliber coach.  Yes, he's recruiting his tail off, but so did Kiffin.  You guys lost alot from a team that wasn't worth 2 cents to begin with.  It's not unreasonable for me to think that we will win this year in Commonwealth.  We have an actual competent coaching staff now.  We also have plenty of roster issues, but for once, this isn't just wild hubris on my part.  We're both going to suck this season and both fan bases know that next year is when things will start looking brighter.
Posted Image

buckaroo

buckaroo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I guess you did'nt watch espn college football the other day where They rated Butch Jones no. 8 head football coach who has football strategy in the nation. He has won everywhere he has coached! We all have the right to be optimistic, it's been a long 5 yrs. As for the Fulmer question he was on a downhill slide, heck he still has'nt landed a coach job!

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
5-7

8/31: Austin Peay - W
9/7: Western Kentucky - W
9/14: at Oregon - L
9/21: at Florida - L
9/28: South Alabama - W
10/5: Georgia - L
10/12: OPEN
10/19: South Carolina - L
10/26: at Alabama - L
11/2: at Missouri - L
11/9: Auburn - W
11/16: OPEN
11/23: Vanderbilt - L
11/30: at Kentucky - W

Could be 4-8 with a loss to Auburn.

Tits.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 15 June 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

I just don't think Butch is going to be the answer in Knoxville.  He wasn't all that great at Cincinnati...I still don't know why you guys hired him. UT SHOULD be able to get a higher caliber coach.  Yes, he's recruiting his tail off, but so did Kiffin.  You guys lost alot from a team that wasn't worth 2 cents to begin with.  It's not unreasonable for me to think that we will win this year in Commonwealth.  We have an actual competent coaching staff now.  We also have plenty of roster issues, but for once, this isn't just wild hubris on my part.  We're both going to suck this season and both fan bases know that next year is when things will start looking brighter.

We're recruiting our tail off, our roster is better than yours, our staff was just as bad if not worse than yours was last year and Butch has actually been a head coach and our staff has worked together for the past 3 years. This isn't an elite staff, but you are kidding yourself if you think UK and UT are on level playing ground. Last years UT staff was one of the worst coaching staffs in the history of SEC football. People are really not understanding how bad that staff was. Last years team should have gone 8-4 even with that terrible defense, and would have done had it had competent leadership and better game planning. Now this years roster has lost a lot of talent, but it has enough talent to count Kentucky as a win. Now next year, if Kentucky signs these kids that they're getting, I can understand the excitement. But until then, it's hubris.
Posted Image all of you

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 15 June 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

Jones walked into a program down on its luck but with everything you could ask for. His over all record as a head coach is 50-27. In his 6 years as a head coach he has 4 conference titles and a coach of the year award. Yes it was against lesser competition but he did it with players no better than anyone else. His teams have missed 1 bowl game in the 6 years he has been a head coach.

Jones doesnt have Grudens name and super bowl ring but he isnt scraping the bottom of the barrel either.

Im looking for an ok season this year and next with 2015 being the return to fighting for the top for UT.

Posted Image

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm enjoying it while it lasts, but it won't last long.  If I was a Vol I'd have a voodoo doll for Kiffen about now.  That prick ruined Tennessee football.  It will come back.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
False on the coaching staff.You guys might be right in every other way but we had hands down the absolute worse staff in CFB history(might be exaggerating but still...). Joker looked at his team, looked at his coaching staff and saw the writing on the wall. He knew this was his last year and didn't take it as seriously as he should of. The only reason he got a 3rd year was because of his win over UT the year before. You guys will probably beat us this year and possibly next year @UT.

5-7

Edited by UK4Life, 15 June 2013 - 04:46 PM.

Posted Image

buckaroo

buckaroo
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The best and maybe only thing we have going for us this year, our offensive line, some rank it 2nd in nation. If we can grind the ball who knows, we might win a game or two that  we should'nt.

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 15 June 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

False on the coaching staff.You guys might be right in every other way but we had hands down the absolute worse staff in CFB history(might be exaggerating but still...). Joker looked at his team, looked at his coaching staff and saw the writing on the wall. He knew this was his last year and didn't take it as seriously as he should of. The only reason he got a 3rd year was because of his win over UT the year before. You guys will probably beat us this year and possibly next year @UT.

5-7
Dooley should have been fired the moment the 2011 Kentucky game was over. We lost all of our decent staff after that, with Baggett, Wilcox, and Sirmon(I cannot stress how big a loss he was in recruiting and coaching). I wouldn't want the staff we had last year coaching at UTC, and I'm being dead serious. Joker was a shitty coach, but he didn't have the horses, either. We did. We had first round talent at every position except TE and RB on offense, and we had talent everywhere except DB on defense (Dooley signed about 20 DBs in his tenure) with a competent head coach and coordinators, we could have won 8 last year, maybe 9. I've never seen a team come off a bye week and play as terrible as we did at Miss. State. That type of performance was inexcusable. And have you taken a look at our APR? It's going to be impossible for us to avoid sanctions in the coming years. He was a bad steward on the field and off it, and I'm starting to believe the story that Dooley went to Hart last offseason and asked for his buyout, in exchange for his retirement papers. As ludicrous as it sounds, he clearly didn't put much effort into last season, especially once the clock ran out at SC.
Posted Image all of you

Posted Image

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
they say its difficult to stay at the top. I will say its harder to climb your way back to the top.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

Based Potato

Based Potato

#3rdyearforwhat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGamecockDieHard, on 15 June 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

I'm enjoying it while it lasts, but it won't last long.  If I was a Vol I'd have a voodoo doll for Kiffen about now.  That prick ruined Tennessee football.  It will come back.

Bullshit, and I'm sick and tired of hearing him get the only blame. There are many people who've ruined UT football, and he's only one and he played a minor part. UTAD has been a mess since Dickey retired. David Blackburn was the only one worth a damn and now he's at UTC. Fulmer started it with his complacency, Kiffin continued it with his immaturity, Hamilton and Dooley tried their damndest to nail the coffin shut with their incompetence. Hart is arrogant enough to do the job, whether or not he succeeds is another thing. Hiring Dooley and not hiring Blackburn are much bigger mistakes than hiring Kiffin.
Posted Image all of you

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users