Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Scottie Wilbekin Suspended Again

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida announced Monday that starting point guard Scottie Wilbekin has been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. It is his second suspension from the team in the past seven months.

In early November, Wilbekin served a three-game suspension for a violation of team rules. That suspension was announced just one day before the team took the court against Georgetown about the USS Bataan in the Navy Marine-Corps Classic.

His suspension was lifted by coach Billy Donovan a little more than a week later.

"He certainly paid the price missing three games, three big games to start his junior year," Donovan said at the time. "I think he missed an opportunity to play on the [USS Bataan], which is a great experience, and playing home opener against Alabama State and then playing the other night against Wisconsin."

Wilbekin averaged 9.1 points and 5.0 asissts as the team's starting point guard en route to a third straight Elite Eight berth in 2012-13.
He is expected to hold onto the starting point guard job going into next season, but his suspension could throw that into question. Florida will add Top 10 player Kasey Hill to the mix as a player who could potentially take minutes away from Wilbekin, particularly if he continues to have issues with suspensions.

Florida did not comment further on Wilbekin's latest suspension.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Dude must be skipping class.
I can't figure this out because he seems like such a good guy.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 10 June 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Dude must be skipping class.
I can't figure this out because he seems like such a good guy.

It's either that or he's on that good kush and alcohol.
Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 10 June 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

It's either that or he's on that good kush and alcohol.
Spot on
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What is good kush?

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This might leave an opening for Hill. I bet he'll be starting by the end of the season
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 10 June 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

What is good kush?

Hahah it's a quote from a song. But Kush is very good marijuana.

View PostUK4Life, on 10 June 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

This might leave an opening for Hill. I bet he'll be starting by the end of the season

Well If Wilbekin isn't there, we don't have another point. Eli Carter could play it but he's coming from Rutgers so that whole situation is weird and our other PG from last season transferred.
Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 10 June 2013 - 12:00 PM, said:

Well If Wilbekin isn't there, we don't have another point. Eli Carter could play it but he's coming from Rutgers so that whole situation is weird and our other PG from last season transferred.
I thought Kasey Hill is a PG. Can't imagine Billy D wouldn't give a top 10 recruit significant minutes.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 10 June 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

I thought Kasey Hill is a PG. Can't imagine Billy D wouldn't give a top 10 recruit significant minutes.

No no, he is I just meant if Wilbekin isn't playing we don't have another one other than Hill. Could have worded that better.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Scottie ...killing me man.
Kasey Hill would have gotten major minutes anyway, but I would still prefer to start Wilbekin.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 10 June 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

Scottie ...killing me man.
Kasey Hill would have gotten major minutes anyway, but I would still prefer to start Wilbekin.

Definitely. I think Hill is better than Wilbekin if they were on the same level. But you can't ever take valuable PT for granted.
Posted Image