Gators Basketball Recruiting - Page 27 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 27

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Gators Basketball Recruiting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gators picked up a commitment from 2015 4* PF Noah Dickerson. He's the latest pull from the Montverde Academy in Montverde, Florida. He brings a need for a competant big man who can play the Center spot early (even though he is listed at 6'8"), because of the likely scenario of Chris Walker leaving for the NBA and Horford only here for the one year. The Gators do have John Egbunu sitting for the year because of Transfer rules and there's no doubt he'll be the starting Center next year but behind him, it's likely only Dickerson and fellow 2015 commit Kevarrius Hayes, but I think Hayes might have to bulk up before he can get serious minutes there.

Dickerson's ratings:
ESPN - #65
Rivals - #56
24/7 - #37
24/7 Composite - #52
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 17 August 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

Gators picked up a commitment from 2015 4* PF Noah Dickerson. He's the latest pull from the Montverde Academy in Montverde, Florida. He brings a need for a competant big man who can play the Center spot early (even though he is listed at 6'8"), because of the likely scenario of Chris Walker leaving for the NBA and Horford only here for the one year. The Gators do have John Egbunu sitting for the year because of Transfer rules and there's no doubt he'll be the starting Center next year but behind him, it's likely only Dickerson and fellow 2015 commit Kevarrius Hayes, but I think Hayes might have to bulk up before he can get serious minutes there.

Dickerson's ratings:
ESPN - #65
Rivals - #56
24/7 - #37
24/7 Composite - #52

Huge get for Billy. The kid was previously committed to GTown, but I think he and his coaches liked what BD has done with big men while at UF.

I agree that Hayes is going to need some S&C work before he can man the post; he's only about 210 right now. But Dickerson is already 250 lbs..

Along with those ratings, Scout also has him as the #66 overall player, so it's pretty unanimous that he's a Top 100 talent.

24/7 ranks him as the #10 PF in the class, ESPN ranks him as the #11 PF, Scout ranks him as the #17 Center, and Rivals hasn't ranked players by position yet for some unknown reason (they're really slacking these days).

He had offers from Bama, AU, LSU, MSU, UGA, UT, VU, and UF in the SEC; with offers also from UConn, tOSU, Memphis, UVA, and the aforementioned GTown, among others.
Posted ImagePosted Image
"Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 17 August 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

I agree that Hayes is going to need some S&C work before he can man the post; he's only about 210 right now. But Dickerson is already 250 lbs..

The two compliment each other pretty well too. One's a pretty polished post player and the other is a great athlete. Also has pretty good hands when catching the ball while posted up.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I look forward to stopping UK from tying our conference records this year.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
:rolleyes: and I look forward to routing the Gaytors by 20+.  We've run the table multiple times,so you haven't taken anything from us, you've just added your name next to Alabama's in the "SEC basketball teams to run the conference table not named Kentucky" column. They may add it to Trivial Pursuit.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 19 August 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

:rolleyes: and I look forward to routing the Gaytors by 20+.  We've run the table multiple times,so you haven't taken anything from us, you've just added your name next to Alabama's in the "SEC basketball teams to run the conference table not named Kentucky" column. They may add it to Trivial Pursuit.

Stop being such a sore loser.

18-0, 21-0, 3-0

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Edit: Realized this is Gator recruiting thread.  I'll deal with Joe's BS in trash talk.

Edited by PuddingTime, 19 August 2014 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Attached File  bballcomposite.PNG   8.89K   5 downloads
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users