Gators Basketball Recruiting - Page 21 - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com - Page 21

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Gators Basketball Recruiting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
332 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If the twins leave, y'all are fecked. And I can't wait.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 10 April 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Randle is the only one to declare. Eagerly awaited to hear the twins say they're staying. WCS and Young will no doubt leave.

The good tourney showing may have screwed y'all up. Before the tourney their stock had dropped so significantly the question wasn't whether or not they WOULD go, but whether or not they COULD go... or at least would it be worth it to go.

Then Cal did his little tweak, which I suspect amounted to him gathering the players around for a "come to Satan" meeting, and told them if they didn't play well together and unselfishly in the tourney they could all forget about getting drafted or drafted highly.

Then they went off in the tourney and brought their draft stock back up to where they might be attractive to pro teams again; be interesting to see what they do.
Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 10 April 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

The good tourney showing may have screwed y'all up. Before the tourney their stock had dropped so significantly the question wasn't whether or not they WOULD go, but whether or not they COULD go... or at least would it be worth it to go.

Then Cal did his little tweak, which I suspect amounted to him gathering the players around for a "come to Satan" meeting, and told them if they didn't play well together and unselfishly in the tourney they could all forget about getting drafted or drafted highly.

Then they went off in the tourney and brought their draft stock back up to where they might be attractive to pro teams again; be interesting to see what they do.
That is ridiculous. Im assuming it's sarcasm.

UCONN exposed the twins to there inability to play against smaller faster guards. Their lateral quickness is in desperate need of improving so i doubt they jump to the pros considering only one is a projected to be a late first rounder.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 10 April 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

That is ridiculous. Im assuming it's sarcasm.

UCONN exposed the twins to there inability to play against smaller faster guards. Their lateral quickness is in desperate need of improving so i doubt they jump to the pros considering only one is a projected to be a late first rounder.

Every college player that goes pro after only a year has 1 or more deficiencies, and could benefit from another year or 2 in college.

But the NBA has now adopted a habit of drafting on potential, and doing their own developing.

The twins aren't going to get any faster by being at UK, or in the NBA for that matter; and any lateral quickness improvements can be accomplished anywhere.

When they get drafted it'll be for their strengths, which are great height for their position... the drawback will be that quickness shortcoming, but every player comes with warts of 1 sort or another.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 10 April 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

Florida exposed the twins to there inability to play against smaller faster guards.

FIFY B)
Posted Image

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Jeff Goodman        ✔ @GoodmanESPN
Keep being told per multiple industry sources that Florida is in the mix for Michigan transfer Jon Horford.
9:07 AM - 17 Apr 2014

His brother is Al Horford and it looks like we're the favorite to land him.

Edited by GATORSFAN21, 18 April 2014 - 08:30 AM.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Do want.

Get it Lil' Horford!

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGATORSFAN21, on 18 April 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

Jeff Goodman ✔ @GoodmanESPN
Keep being told per multiple industry sources that Florida is in the mix for Michigan transfer Jon Horford.
9:07 AM - 17 Apr 2014

His brother is Al Horford and it looks like we're the favorite to land him.

Man, I'd love to land Jon; Michigan's guard-oriented system didn't use him well or much at all.

Billy's great at developing the big men; and we could definitely stand another 6'10" 250 lb. forward next year.
Posted Image

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 18 April 2014 - 08:57 AM, said:

Man, I'd love to land Jon; Michigan's guard-oriented system didn't use him well or much at all.

Billy's great at developing the big men; and we could definitely stand another 6'10" 250 lb. forward next year.
Yep. Would definitely add depth in the front court. I hope we get more little brothers of Gator greats

Edited by GATORSFAN21, 18 April 2014 - 09:02 AM.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGATORSFAN21, on 18 April 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

Yep. Would definitely add depth in the front court.

It'd also be like getting some senior experience that we didn't already have; and it's some pretty damn good experience having been to a NCAAT finals and an Elite 8.
Posted Image

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 18 April 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

It'd also be like getting some senior experience that we didn't already have; and it's some pretty damn good experience having been to a NCAAT finals and an Elite 8.
No doubt, especially with our senior class leaving.

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 18 April 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

I don't recall him ever seeing the floor tho. Even when their bigs were in foul trouble. How good is this kid?
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUK4Life, on 18 April 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

I don't recall him ever seeing the floor tho. Even when their bigs were in foul trouble. How good is this kid?

Nothing special.
Will be good for us to have someone experienced though.
I hate to say it, but I think he could bring as much to the table as WY did this year.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Good rebounder, not exactly a scoring threat. Averaged somewhere around 3 points and 4 rebounds in 14 minutes . With Harris still being up in the air him and Horford could each have around 20 minutes a piece at the Center spot (which is really need depth at because I want walker no where near it if he doesnt put on a good 10-15 pounds of good weight.)
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

He got some time in the tourney; I heard his name some... I remember wondering why he hadn't followed his brother to UF.

He got 11 minutes in their 1st game against Wofford (4 pts., 3 rebounds), 5 in their 2nd against UTex (no stats), 8 against UT (1 point, 4 rebounds), and 14 against y'all (6 points, 3 rebounds).

His primary PT problem at UM was that they play small-ball and use a 6'6" kid as their power-forward.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users