Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Gators Basketball Recruiting

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 26 June 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Scratch that....don't think there was interest in this guy, I got confused with Trey Lyles out of IN.

We got bigger fish to fry.

Yeah I always thought it was funny there was a Lyle, and Lyles both out of Indiana and both were big basketball stars.
Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 26 June 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Scratch that....don't think there was interest in this guy, I got confused with Trey Lyles out of IN.

We got bigger fish to fry.
Oh damn i got confused as well. I knew some Lyles kid decommited from IU and we were the new leader for him.

Regardless, it's good to see another SEC coach recruiting on a high level consistently.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Billy knows how to recruit. I suspect if he didn't just HAVE to keep getting shooting guards and point guards that are projects, we would be ranked higher every year.

The staff we have now is the staff we need to keep.
I really hope the assistants never want to be head coaches.

Edited by JoeGator, 27 June 2013 - 02:39 PM.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gator Bait.Com's Thomas Goldkamp

"CBSSports.com reports Brandone Francis has committed[to Florida] per sources. Working to confirm."

If true JaQuan Lyle's recent commit to Louisville could definitely be the reason behind this.
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Billy is a great coach/recruiter and the UF Staff is one of the best in the country.  No doubt.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I will freak the hell out.

Getting elite recruits out of Jacksonville in Football AND Basketball?
So kickass.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 27 June 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I will freak the hell out.

Getting elite recruits out of Jacksonville in Football AND Basketball?
So kickass.

I've been working my magic on all of them. You're welcome B)
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 27 June 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

I've been working my magic on all of them. You're welcome B)

I would kill to move to Jacksonville.

I've always been amazed that we struggled with recruiting there. It's such a huge Gator town.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's official. Brandone Francis has committed to the University of Florida.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What's amazing about all of this, Billy Donovan is out of the Country, and still talks to all of the prospects every day.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If Francis and Chiozza stay committed, then the Gators could be done with Guards and are looking for Wing and Bigs. Here's a look at some of the remaining targets:

Small Forward:

Riley Norris - 4* - 6'7" 180 lbs - Shown a lot of interest to the Gators, from Albertville, Alabama so the Tide are considered in the fight as well. Plays AAU ball with Gator Commit Chris Chiozza and could very well end up with the Gators. Reminds me personally of a shorter Chandler Parsons with a better Free Throw Percentage.

Terry Lerrier - 4* - 6'8" 205 lbs - From the Bronx, New York, he has a top 2 of Miami and UF with Miami the favorites. Tall and Lanky with good handles, and a decent shot. His game reminds me of Kevin Durant.

Kevon Looney - 5* - 6'9" 194 lbs - From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, has a top 3 of UF, Michigan State and Duke. Duke being the Favorite. Defensive monster in the paint. Can play both the 3 and the 4, but with his size and not that amazing of ball control I think he makes the eventual transition to the 4, just needs to add some weight.

Justice Winslow - 5* - 6'6" 210 lbs - From Houston, Texas, he's already got an NBA frame and game. Good longball as well as great handles. Could be one a lottery pick in next year's draft. He's a longshot, but he hasn't ruled out the Gators. It also helps that he's playing for Billy Donovan on the USA under 19 national team, and tweeted this out today: " @Chief_Justise: Won our 1st game against Ivory Coast! Me and my UF brotha mfrazier20 postgame! @ Prague http://t.co/OlX8eEmiSZ  "

Power Forward:

Abdul Malik Abu - 4* - 6'7" 230 lbs - From Meridan, New Hampshire, his size and skillset remind me of Will Yeguete, because he's short for the Power Forward position but he makes up for it with some really good defense and rebounding, great on the press, but he isn't exactly an offensive weapon.

Malik Price-Martin - 4* - 6'9" 195 lbs - From Apopka, Florida. Was super high on the Gators but his interest has died down, which could be from the Gators pursuing higher rated guys. I don't know what happened but he could be a long shot.

Leron Black - 5* - 6'7" 215 lbs - From Memphis, Tennessee. High School and AAU team mate of Gator Commit Chris Chiozza who has been recruiting Black a ton. I think Black ends up being a cross between a PF and a SF much like Paul Milsapp, or Will Yeguete with an offensive game, because they have pretty much the same style of game. Short for their primary position, but they make up for it on defense and he has a good arsenal of offensive moves. He can also put the ball on the floor, he's not the best but if he works on it he could be good at it.

Trey Lyles - 5* - 6'10" 235 lbs - From Indianapolis, Indiana. Basically he's Kentucky's to lose. top 3 of Kentucky, Louisville and Florida. Just putting him down because UF's not ruled out.

Center:

Jahlil Okafor - 5* - 6'10" 253 lbs - From Chicago, Illinois. He's Duke's to lose, but he, like Winslow, is on the U19 team being coached by Billy Donovan so spending a summer with him, seeing how he coaches and how he is could be huge for the Gators.
Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hate you guys so much... Stop being good at so many sports damnit. You should be made to suffer at some point in the year -_-
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 27 June 2013 - 10:07 PM, said:

I hate you guys so much... Stop being good at so many sports damnit. You should be made to suffer at some point in the year -_-

We do, its called golf and womens basketball. And our swim team is only average...
Posted Image

MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShaunMac, on 27 June 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

We do, its called golf and womens basketball. And our swim team is only average...

Oh the injustice of having a bad golf and womens basketball team... Those 200 fans that show up must be extremely disappointed :trollface:
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzouMark, on 27 June 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

Oh the injustice of having a bad golf and womens basketball team... Those 200 fans that show up must be extremely disappointed :trollface:

I'm just saying, we're not all that perfect :trollface:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users