Gators Basketball Recruiting - SEC Recruiting - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Gators Basketball Recruiting

- - - - -

332 replies to this topic

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

2015 Commitments:

4* C Kevarrius Hayes 6'9" 190 lbs (Committed 6/17/2013)

5*/4* Combo Guard KeVaughn Allen 6'3" 165 lbs (Committed 4/30/2014)

2016 Commitments:

4* PF John Mooney  6'9" 220 lbs (Committed 9/28/2013)

Edited by ShaunMac, 18 July 2014 - 08:18 AM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As I said the other day, Chiozza was an expected UF commit, and he did.

Leron Black is also showing UF some love as was expected from the Chiozza commit, but there's not much to report on that except his top 5 "@Showtime_LB By the way, my top schools are Baylor, Florida, Connecticut, Kansas, and Illinois."

Also here's a piece from CBS Sports on 5* SG Brandone Francis and his sudden increase in attention from higher tier schools
"
Francis is enjoying the new attention, but he doesn't want to drag out the process too long. He has already visited Florida, taking a trip to Gainesville for an unofficial visit to watch a game during the season.

“It was good,” Francis said. “Good campus, great basketball program.”

The Gators are thought by many to be the favorite for Francis, although he says there's no leader at this point. Florida was on Francis earlier than most, and the Gators have the advantage of being in the state.

The Arlington Country Day (Fla.) product will have a decision finalized by the end of the summer.

“I will commit soon,” Francis said. “I can't tell you where I'm going. I'm thinking about the situation, and see who else is going to offer me."
"

Edited by ShaunMac, 17 May 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cal offered Booker recently...not sure how bad he wants him but he indeed offered so the kid must be good.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 18 May 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Cal offered Booker recently...not sure how bad he wants him but he indeed offered so the kid must be good.

His film looked pretty good and I read that he's coachable, so it wouldnt surprise me. He's a top prospect and like I said with Duke and UF his recruitment could be wide open.
Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Booker recruitment is wide open. He has offers from top schools like Kentucky, Duke, and North Carolina. He has spent most of his life in Michigan with his mom and I have heard that she wants him to stay in Michigan. His dad also went to Mizzou and it sounds like he is really impressed with Mizzou. http://www.kansascit...tar-melvin.html

“He told me that Missouri had just called, and they offered him a scholarship,” Melvin said. “He was definitely excited."

“Every time we go up there, no matter where we are, people are like ‘Oh man, it’s Melvin Booker,” Devin said with a laugh. “People are waiting to get his autograph at halftime. It’s like he knows everyone there. It makes an impression.”

“And the coaching staff? I love them. I actually went to the KU game in Columbia and talked to coach Haith. I’ve been to three KU games and they were all crazy. They are in the top group,” Devin finally said, referring to Missouri. “That’s all I can say.”

Edited by Mizzou_Fan, 18 May 2013 - 07:20 PM.

Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's early...there are lots of great players in the class.

Time will tell.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We are going to need another HUGE haul from Billy this year.
2004 turned out to be the best we ever had, but they weren't rated THAT high and was probably the 3rd or 4th best class he's had on paper..

Good news is that we will be able to fill out the roster with a mix of elites, 4 year players, and projects the way we like.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 18 May 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

We are going to need another HUGE haul from Billy this year.
2004 turned out to be the best we ever had, but they weren't rated THAT high and was probably the 3rd or 4th best class he's had on paper..

Good news is that we will be able to fill out the roster with a mix of elites, 4 year players, and projects the way we like.

Chiozza's a good start, he's the PG we need if Hill decides to one-and-done because he's the prototypical Billy D point (or so i've read; pass first, good presser). If I had to make a prediction, I'd say we get Chiozza, Black, Francis and Price-Martin. If they live up to potential, they could be up there with one of the best classes in history.

We're set on the wing for now, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't go after a small forward in the 2014 class.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
4* PF Abdul Malik Abu from Meridan, New Hampshire, is set to visit Florida and I've read he's very interested. Malik Abu is 6'7 and 230 lbs. His size and skillset remind me of Will Yeguete, because he's short for the Power Forward position but he makes up for it with some really good defense and rebounding, but he isn't exactly an offensive weapon.

Another Big to look out for is unranked PF/C Jacquil Taylor, from Chestnut Hill Maryland. He's 6'9 and ranges from 205 lbs to 220 lbs. He broke his foot in January which could be a reason for not getting a lot of attention because his tape looks solid. He is a very good shot blocker from what I can tell, and for the most part is usually in the right place boxing out on both ends which causes a lot of offensive putbacks. He also has an impressive arsenal of back to the basket moves which surprises me for a guy who looks like a twig, and runs transition pretty well, definitely needs to work on his dunking but that's just me splitting hairs, trying to find a negative. He named his leaders as VCU and Florida (which shows that he's a good fit because both Billy and VCU coach Shaka Smart run the exact same system) and says UF has been talking to him, but he doesn't have an offer yet.

This gives the Gators a realistic list of Big Men to go after.
5* Leron Black - I see him as a cross between a SF & PF.
4* Malik Price-Martin - PF & C
4* Abdul Malik Abu - PF
UR Jacquil Taylor - PF & C

With Patric Young and Will Yeguete graduating, this is a big year for the front court. If I had to guess, I say Billy D makes a big effort to bring in 3 big men, and if I had to make a guess, I would say we bring in Black, MPM and a guy I have yet to report on.

Edited by ShaunMac, 20 May 2013 - 02:39 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
4* PG Chris Chiozza did pretty well in his AAU action over the weekend. The Florida commitment had a glue-like handle on the basketball, and found ways to score with jumpers, floaters and 3-balls. He feels like he might be underrated as the No. 90 prospect in the nation, and after his performances this weekend, he might be right. I could see him slipping into the top 50 of the class when the recruiting databases do their updates.

Edited by ShaunMac, 29 May 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 16m
2014 small forward Riley Norris is visiting Florida this weekend, according to his AAU coach."

4* He's 6'7" 180lbs, pretty damn good shooting and an AAU teammate of Gator commit Chris Chiozza. Unfortunately highlight tapes don't usually show defense so I couldn't get a good look at that but his ofense is great. He can shoot the three, run the ball in transition, and throw it down pretty well. He looks and plays like Chandler Parsons if I'm being honest. Looks like a talented player.

From Alabama and it looks like he's only interested in the SEC because the top schools are Alabama, Miss. State, UT, UF, Arkansas and Auburn.

Edited by ShaunMac, 08 June 2013 - 10:04 AM.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks for running these updates Shaun.

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 08 June 2013 - 09:32 AM, said:

Thanks for running these updates Shaun.

No problem. glad to do it.
Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Riley Norris is on campus right now. UF is also expecting Malik Price-Martin and 2015 Kevarrius Hayes as well this weekend(for the record I've never heard of Hayes and know nothing about him).

Edited by ShaunMac, 10 June 2013 - 02:02 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Gator Prospects in the ESPN Basketball Top 100

http://espn.go.com/c...gs/_/order/true

1. Chris Chiozza is #39 and listed at 5'11"

2. Leron Black is # 36

3. Brandone Francis is #33 (way too low. Should be top 20.)

4. Abu is #44

5. Norris is #64 and listed as a PF at 6'8" tall.

6. I did not see Price-Martin. Which to me says he's right on the outside.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users