Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

FGCU Football Twitter

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 April 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

True. Another thing is you must temper your expectations.
I've seen nutters from both UK and OM calling for double digit wins in football.
Neither is out of the question, but neither is very likely either.

I doubt you can be that looney to call UK to win double digit games in football in 2013 lol. Who have you seen make that prediction?

Edited by RebelFan4Life, 23 April 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 23 April 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

I doubt you can be that looney to call UK to win double digit games in football in 2013 lol. Who have you seen make that prediction?
Not seen it, I heard it from a friend of mine first-hand (UK fan, obviously) in Greenville two weekends ago.

He also echos that garbage about UK going 40-0 in basketball next year.

(7) Ole Miss Rebels  7-1  (4-1)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 April 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

I'd love to hear their recruiting pitch. Matter of fact, I'd like to know what they actually do pitch at all, except this year's good run for them.

It's a beautiful school.
Everything is very new, and it is right on the beach. It's small too.

They depend solely on player development.
It's not like they can even compete with UCF or USF.

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 April 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

Not seen it, I heard it from a friend of mine first-hand (UK fan, obviously) in Greenville two weekends ago.

He also echos that garbage about UK going 40-0 in basketball next year.

Almost (not really, but kinda almost) as looney as predicting OM to win 10+ this year

Edited by RebelFan4Life, 23 April 2013 - 06:57 PM.

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTwitter_FGCUFootball, on 23 April 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

By 2015 we will be recruiting the top players in the country. Try topping that.

Posted Image

And try topping that? A team already does that and they've already got dibs on the most annoying fan base. They're called Kentucky.

Edited by ShaunMac, 23 April 2013 - 07:01 PM.

Posted Image

ShaunMac

ShaunMac
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
FGCU thinking they'll be relevant even after theyre coach took his gap and went to the abyss that is LA and USC. That was a good laugh I needed that.

Posted Image
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 22 April 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

Wiggins cancelled his UNC, FSU, and KU in homes this week.  Basketball team is going 40-0 and winning every game by 30.  Stoops has us recruiting at the highest level in program history.  Ain't a single Kentuckian looking in the rear view.

yall are recruiting better than Auburn,Mizzu, MSU and SC right now. 2 4* commits is more than I can recall UK ever having.

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

yall are recruiting better than Auburn,Mizzu, MSU and SC right now. 2 4* commits is more than I can recall UK ever having.
If you rank classes by average rating, we're #18 next year according to Rivals.  So while we are currently 33 because we haven't landed as many recruits as say Texas or LSU, the quality of the recruits we have landed is so much better than what we've gotten in the past.  Very excited to see how this class fleshes out.  I also see Butch has landed some hosses in Knoxville.  Dunno what to expect from you guys....QB play seems to be an issue from the reports I've browsed on you guys.  I like our chances to win this year at Commonwealth.  I don't think either of us really know what we're gonna get this season.
Posted Image

UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I love how OM fans claim bball is irrelevant to them. If i recall, many of you clustered up the basketball forums last season, amirite? Who's the most popular athlete at OM right now?

Only UK fans and UF fans really support basketball. Hell even the UF fan base isn't as strong as Billy D deserves it to be, imo. They still make the effort tho.

No UK fan will claim this to be a basketball conference and im actually glad it's not. You see conferences like Big East and ACC that are becoming unstable. The SEC still has a rock solid foundation and making more money every year.
Posted Image

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
so let me get this straight, you want us to instantly make fgcu football relevant on our boards, for no reason? just because you asked?

I want a million dollars, I don't have it now but HEY I'm planning on having it so you might as well start giving me money?

wut.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPenguin, on 24 April 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

so let me get this straight, you want us to instantly make fgcu football relevant on our boards, for no reason? just because you asked?

I want a million dollars, I don't have it now but HEY I'm planning on having it so you might as well start giving me money?

wut.

he got 4 pages out of it so far. I bet he would call that a win.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 23 April 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

If you rank classes by average rating, we're #18 next year according to Rivals.  So while we are currently 33 because we haven't landed as many recruits as say Texas or LSU, the quality of the recruits we have landed is so much better than what we've gotten in the past.  Very excited to see how this class fleshes out.  I also see Butch has landed some hosses in Knoxville.  Dunno what to expect from you guys....QB play seems to be an issue from the reports I've browsed on you guys.  I like our chances to win this year at Commonwealth.  I don't think either of us really know what we're gonna get this season.

#18 with 4 guys. thats not too shabby. UT is #4 the normal way with 10 pledges with 5 4*s and  with the summer camps a few of them will move up to 5*s. In 2 years Butch will have his guys to run his system and hopefully those top 5-10 classes Fulmer always seemed to pull will be the norm again. #4 in rank with LSU tied with us and 2 other SEC schools in front of us. Unreal the way recruiting is in the SEC.

Posted Image