Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Florist sued again for refusing to provide flowers for gay wedding

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
198 replies to this topic

UF_alum

UF_alum
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

I stayed on topic, presented a sound fact based case and tried to bring you into the topic. Dont get mad at me because you lack cohesion in your statements.

Keep telling yourself that.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUF_alum, on 23 April 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

Keep telling yourself that.

Ok. I dont think we are connecting on a meaningful level babe. I mean I like and all and if you were here I would let you fetch me a beer or make me a sandwich but your not so I guess we will have to agree you are not up to these lil talks and bid you a good night.

Posted Image

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Ok. I dont think we are connecting on a meaningful level babe. I mean I like and all and if you were here I would let you fetch me a beer or make me a sandwich but your not so I guess we will have to agree you are not up to these lil talks and bid you a good night.

UF alum is a female?!?

You know I have a thing for overly pretentious liberal women. It's like that "opposites attract" type of thing.

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
well they are acting like a lil bitch so I assumed a bit.

View PostDawgy_Style, on 23 April 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

UF alum is a female?!?

You know I have a thing for overly pretentious liberal women. It's like that "opposites attract" type of thing.

Posted Image

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 April 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Troll level: deity

Posted Image

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgy_Style, on 23 April 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Hey, don't trash yourself like that. Just because you're intellectually inferior doesn't actually make you a dwarf among men. You're more like a child than a dwarf anyways.

Edited by NextYearIsHere, 23 April 2013 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 23 April 2013 - 09:10 PM, said:

Hey, don't trash yourself like that. Just because you're intellectually inferior doesn't actually make you a dwarf among men. You're more like a child than a dwarf anyways.

Don't be salty.

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgy_Style, on 23 April 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

Don't be salty.

I;m sorry you're too sensitive
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

UF_alum

UF_alum
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Awww... are you trying to be funny now?  Stick to comedy, because critical thinking/making logical arguments is definitely not your thing.

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 24 April 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

I;m sorry you're too sensitive

So salty.

Posted Image

rwspear

rwspear

game recognize game and you lookin kinda unfamiliar right now

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Read the last line in your post I quoted. The only way it works is if you are going to pursue gay is another race or the the 1st line of the 1st amendment in the bill of rights is trumped by a state anti discrimination law. Otherwise it is just a throw away line. So are you ready to deal with the fact gay isnt a seperate race (excludes 14th amendment protection) and that the freedom of religious expression guaranteed by line 1 amendment 1 of the US constitution trumps state anti discrimination laws?

Its really that simple. The florist is well within their rights and the gay couple has no protection that supersedes it.

she broke the law. fact.

are the laws constitutional? thats a different debate.
can denial of service be justified as 'religious expression'? again, thats a different debate altogether.

your analysis of the 14th amendment is wrong (AGAIN!), but im glad you bring it up.

the equal protection clause and the due process clause are both pertinent.

the 14th amendment protects ALL citizens from discriminatory legislation that inhibits their pursuit of life, liberty, and property. it has nothing to do with race, per se. the Civil Rights Act(s) use the 14th and 15th amendments (and, arguably, the interstate commerce clause [art1 sec8]) to justify their constitutionality. state civil rights laws extend these protections.

this isnt a matter of gay rights. its a matter of discrimination. the state isnt forcing the florist to do ANYTHING. theyre simply enforcing state law: if you serve the general public you cannot deny service based on sexual orientation.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I see you still havent read the 14th. If there were refused service based on race,age,gender,country of origin yes they would have a case. They were not. Homosexuality isnt a constitutionally protected group. Freedom of  Relgios expression is constitutionally protected. In fact I hope someone challenges the constitutionality of the states anti discrimination laws. Without a moral objector clause it is unconstitutional.

View Postrwspear, on 25 April 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

she broke the law. fact.

are the laws constitutional? thats a different debate.
can denial of service be justified as 'religious expression'? again, thats a different debate altogether.

your analysis of the 14th amendment is wrong (AGAIN!), but im glad you bring it up.

the equal protection clause and the due process clause are both pertinent.

the 14th amendment protects ALL citizens from discriminatory legislation that inhibits their pursuit of life, liberty, and property. it has nothing to do with race, per se. the Civil Rights Act(s) use the 14th and 15th amendments (and, arguably, the interstate commerce clause [art1 sec8]) to justify their constitutionality. state civil rights laws extend these protections.

this isnt a matter of gay rights. its a matter of discrimination. the state isnt forcing the florist to do ANYTHING. theyre simply enforcing state law: if you serve the general public you cannot deny service based on sexual orientation.

Posted Image

UF_alum

UF_alum
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 25 April 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

I see you still havent read the 14th. If there were refused service based on race,age,gender,country of origin yes they would have a case. They were not. Homosexuality isnt a constitutionally protected group. Freedom of  Relgios expression is constitutionally protected. In fact I hope someone challenges the constitutionality of the states anti discrimination laws. Without a moral objector clause it is unconstitutional.

Ugh... not all of it.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUF_alum, on 25 April 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Ugh... not all of it.

line 1 amendment 1 of the bill of rights. read it.

Posted Image

UF_alum

UF_alum
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 25 April 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

line 1 amendment 1 of the bill of rights. read it.

Oh... ok.

My religious practice is to murder people.  Does the Bill of Rights protect me?

Edited by UF_alum, 25 April 2013 - 06:30 PM.