Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Florist sued again for refusing to provide flowers for gay wedding

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
198 replies to this topic

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

I would hope you would get the difference between I refuse your business because you dont like my college team and because it would violate my religious believes. I would expect people to honor and respect constitutionally protected rights but between the 1st and 2nd amendments being attacked by the same side on a daily basis maybe I need to stop giving people that benefit of the doubt.

1. It violates nothing. There is no rule about shunning sinners. If that were the case, the bible thumper wouldn't sell to people on their 2nd marriages. She's not being very Christ-like, she's just using religion to discriminate and judge others.

2. She does have a right to discriminate, just like they have a right to sue her even if they know they'll lose.

3. College teams are way more important than who Posted Images whom in bed.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm glad Smokes is fighting for our religious freedoms!

As a Pastafarian, I strongly object to the florist rejecting her services to the homos, based on her religious beliefs, because her using her religious beliefs to justify bigotry offends my religious beliefs and indeed, violates my 1st Amendment rights.

#2 on the Pastafarian  I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts:

THE EIGHT I'D REALLY RATHER YOU DIDN'TS

1. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

2.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjigate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Dont Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

3. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This Through You Thick Heads: Woman=Person, Man=Person. Samey-Samey. One is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal And Fuchsia.

4. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go F*** Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off The TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.

5. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build MultiMillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/ Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick): Ending Poverty B. Curing Diseases C. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable. I Might Be A Complex Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.

7. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go around Telling People I Talk To you. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?

8. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses Alot Of Leather/Lubrication/Las Vegas. If The Other Person Is Into It However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear A CONDOM! Honestly It's A Piece Of Rubber, If You Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did It I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 30 August 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

bear$ are legit.

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 23 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

1. It violates nothing. There is no rule about shunning sinners. If that were the case, the bible thumper wouldn't sell to people on their 2nd marriages. She's not being very Christ-like, she's just using religion to discriminate and judge others.

2. She does have a right to discriminate, just like they have a right to sue her even if they know they'll lose.

3. College teams are way more important than who :lanekiffin:s whom in bed.

If their church teaches that homosexuality is wrong (most do) and that marriage outside 1 man 1 woman is immoral (most do) then participating in one via a service is immoral and violates their freedom of religious expression.

Violates their religious expression. We can argue if its right or wrong to go this route or if they should show up and have verses in every flower decoration and try to heal these broken souls but thats not the point.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 April 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

I'm glad Smokes is fighting for our religious freedoms!

As a Pastafarian, I strongly object to the florist rejecting her services to the homos, based on her religious beliefs, because her using her religious beliefs to justify bigotry offends my religious beliefs and indeed, violates my 1st Amendment rights.

#2 on the Pastafarian  I'd Really Rather You Didn'ts:

THE EIGHT I'D REALLY RATHER YOU DIDN'TS

1. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like A Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou Ass When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject.

2.I'd Really Rather You Didn't Use My Existence As A Means To Oppress, Subjigate, Punish, Eviscerate, And/Or, You Know, Be Mean To Others. I Dont Require Sacrifices, And Purity Is For Drinking Water, Not People.

3. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Judge People For The Way They Look, Or How They Dress, Or The Way They Talk, Or, Well, Just Play Nice, Okay? Oh, And Get This Through You Thick Heads: Woman=Person, Man=Person. Samey-Samey. One is Not Better Than The Other, Unless We're Talking About Fashion And I'm Sorry, But I Gave That To Women And Some Guys Who Know The Difference Between Teal And Fuchsia.

4. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Indulge In Conduct That Offends Yourself, Or Your Willing, Consenting Partner Of Legal Age AND Mental Maturity. As For Anyone Who Might Object, I Think The Expression Is Go F*** Yourself, Unless They Find That Offensive In Which Case They Can Turn Off The TV For Once And Go For A Walk For A Change.

5. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Challenge The Bigoted, Misogynist, Hateful Ideas Of Others On An Empty Stomach. Eat, Then Go After The B*******.

6. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Build MultiMillion-Dollar Churches/Temples/Mosques/ Shrines To My Noodly Goodness When The Money Could Be Better Spent (Take Your Pick): Ending Poverty B. Curing Diseases C. Living In Peace, Loving With Passion, And Lowering The Cost Of Cable. I Might Be A Complex Carbohydrate Omniscient Being, But I Enjoy The Simple Things In Life. I Ought To Know. I AM The Creator.

7. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Go around Telling People I Talk To you. You're Not That Interesting. Get Over Yourself. And I Told You To Love Your Fellow Man, Can't You Take A Hint?

8. I'd Really Rather You Didn't Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You If You Are Into, Um, Stuff That Uses Alot Of Leather/Lubrication/Las Vegas. If The Other Person Is Into It However (Pursuant To #4), Then Have At It, Take Pictures, And For The Love Of Mike, Wear A CONDOM! Honestly It's A Piece Of Rubber, If You Didn't Want It To Feel Good When You Did It I Would Have Added Spikes, Or Something.

Pretty sure that doesnt fall into organized religion. But then again if I was pressed to declare my agnostic views wouldnt either.

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Pretty sure that doesnt fall into organized religion. But then again if I was pressed to declare my agnostic views wouldnt either.
How dare you insult my religion? Because my religion teaches me to not use my beliefs to subjugate/be bigoted towards others, unlike some who would try to do so and have stated as much in this thread, I will instead pray for you.

Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in the colander, Swallowed be thy sauce. Thy serving come, Thy strands be wrung, On forks as they are on spoons. Give us this day our garlic bread, And forgive us our starchiness, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss, And lead us not into Kraft parmessan, But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. R'Amen.

Posted Image

bear$ are legit.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also, if you are an agnostic, you sure are the most extreme agnostic Christian apologist ever.

Posted Image

bear$ are legit.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

If their church teaches that homosexuality is wrong (most do) and that marriage outside 1 man 1 woman is immoral (most do) then participating in one via a service is immoral and violates their freedom of religious expression.

Violates their religious expression. We can argue if its right or wrong to go this route or if they should show up and have verses in every flower decoration and try to heal these broken souls but thats not the point.

And if their church teaches that drinking is wrong, do they not serve weddings the have alcohol?

Of course not.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 April 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

How dare you insult my religion? Because my religion teaches me to not use my beliefs to subjugate/be bigoted towards others, unlike some who would try to do so and have stated as much in this thread, I will instead pray for you.

Our Pasta, who "Arghh" in the colander, Swallowed be thy sauce. Thy serving come, Thy strands be wrung, On forks as they are on spoons. Give us this day our garlic bread, And forgive us our starchiness, As we swashbuckle, splice the main-brace and cuss, And lead us not into Kraft parmessan, But deliver us from Chef Boy-Ar-Dee, For thine are Meatballs, and the beer, and the strippers, for ever and ever. R'Amen.

I promise not to sue for defaming Chef Boy Ar Dee. I miss the spaghetti in a box that was pulled from the self. That was my little slice on America when we were stationed overseas and the maids could do spaghetti to save their lives.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostForwardRebels, on 23 April 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Also, if you are an agnostic, you sure are the most extreme agnostic Christian apologist ever.

I just stand up for religious freedom. Doesnt mean I agree with the mythology of it.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 23 April 2013 - 05:30 PM, said:

And if their church teaches that drinking is wrong, do they not serve weddings the have alcohol?

Of course not.

Some people will not do a wedding with drinking or a second wedding for divorcees. Not all florist refuse to service to homosexuals. Not all churches or church goers hold the exact same beliefs or take them as far as others.

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

I promise not to sue for defaming Chef Boy Ar Dee. I miss the spaghetti in a box that was pulled from the self. That was my little slice on America when we were stationed overseas and the maids could do spaghetti to save their lives.
Bless you my brother. RAmen!

Posted Image

bear$ are legit.

UF_alum

UF_alum
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 23 April 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

Read the last line in your post I quoted. The only way it works is if you are going to pursue gay is another race or the the 1st line of the 1st amendment in the bill of rights is trumped by a state anti discrimination law. Otherwise it is just a throw away line. So are you ready to deal with the fact gay isnt a seperate race (excludes 14th amendment protection) and that the freedom of religious expression guaranteed by line 1 amendment 1 of the US constitution trumps state anti discrimination laws?

Its really that simple. The florist is well within their rights and the gay couple has no protection that supersedes it.

I'm not even going to both responding to you.  You are not capable of staying on topic, and incapable of making the slightest attempt of formulating a logical argument.  

Re-read what I originally said, and you will see that you're whole "race distinction" has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 23 April 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Now they probably won't win not should they, but this is akin to being upset when you get punched by someone you just insulted. Do they have a right to hit you? No, but if you didn't insult or judge them first and just walked away, you wouldn't have gotten decked.

So, you're saying that gay people are violent? Just because they're different than you doesn't make them violent. Don't be a bigot, bro.

View Postbmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUF_alum, on 23 April 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

I'm not even going to both responding to you.  You are not capable of staying on topic, and incapable of making the slightest attempt of formulating a logical argument.  

Re-read what I originally said, and you will see that you're whole "race distinction" has nothing to do with the point I was making.

I stayed on topic, presented a sound fact based case and tried to bring you into the topic. Dont get mad at me because you lack cohesion in your statements.

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgy_Style, on 23 April 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

So, you're saying that gay people are violent? Just because they're different than you doesn't make them violent. Don't be a bigot, bro.
Troll level: deity

Posted Image

bear$ are legit.