Game of Thrones(BOOK SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD) - Page 26 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 26

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Game of Thrones(BOOK SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
One thing that bothers me about the changes is that by leaving certain characters out of the show, they are essentially making it known that the characters aren't that important in the books.
Spoiler

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostARfanNmem, on 16 June 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

One thing that bothers me about the changes is that by leaving certain characters out of the show, they are essentially making it known that the characters aren't that important in the books.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS! THE KING WHO STILL CARED!
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTider27, on 10 June 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

All these damn spoiler tags, I'm going to go reverse hipster and ask if there are any pure show viewers left?!

Apparently they still keep it very interesting for book readers, with some unexpected deaths, but missing some characters.

Never read the books, only watch the show.

Was glad Tyrion killed his Dad.
I'm annoyed with Aryia's storyline.
Trick is out on her own now.

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 16 June 2014 - 08:47 AM, said:

Spoiler

Jojen paste FTW! And that's not even the worst theories out there. Have you read about the evil bran stuff? Or the heresy threads on the asoiaf forums?

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Loved last night's episode

THE CHILDREN OF THE FOREST!!!
I didnt know if they still existed or not- only that they joined the First Men in defeating the White Walkers some thousands of years ago from the present story, because...MAGIC
They also assisted with the construction of the Wall...again, because MAGIC

Also, I guess now we know...the Lannisters do not, in fact, Posted Image gold.

Spoiler

And WHERE THE :lanekiffin: WAS LSH!? Not going to do a spoiler, and not going to give the character's full name, just going to go with "LSH"
Hopefully they will introduce LSH at the beginning of next season, but I've read things that pose the possibility the show might omit LSH from the show entirely.

Edited by jacobp, 16 June 2014 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I put part of your post in spoiler tags, just because that is something that MIGHT come up in the show soon.

I was pretty frustrated they omitted it from the show also.
Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not going to lie, I was incredibly disappointed with that finale. It was so bad from a book readers perspective that I've lost faith in D&D entirely.

Once again, they made Stannis look like a schmuck. In the books he charges with 1500 men vs. 30,000 wildlings. Jon was sent to kill Mance by Alliser and Janos, and Mance makes it very clear that the wildlings are going to do whatever they want past the wall at the time. Stannis saves their Posted Image at the last second and really redeems himself to a lot of book readers who didn't care for him up to that point. Show wise? "Oh here comes Stannis slaughtering the wildlings who he outnumbers with his Mongol horde of cavalry - right when Mance and Jon were making peace. Way to go Stannis, you dick."

Then they left out:

Spoiler

I've gotta say, they royally botched up the last two episodes this season. I've lost faith in them.
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I dont think its as dire as you do, obviously. I also put some of the blame on HBO. There's no reason this shouldn't be at least a 13 episode per season show. Instead, they are given 10 and have only been allowed to go over 60 minutes once. That forces you to get creative with some storylines.

that said,
Spoiler
I agree that Stannis should have been given more time in the finale, but I have a feeling that he'll be on screen a whole lot more next season.

I just look at the show and the books as two separate entities. I'll always like the books more, but given the difficulties of putting a story like this on screen and the time constraints given them by HBO, I think they've done a pretty decent job of it.
Posted Image

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@TheRealBrave, @jacobp

I agree with Jacob. U have to separate the two.

I disagree that Jon and mance were about to make peace. Jon didn't have the authority and mance didn't trust him anymore.
Spoiler

The show is not the books, but it works especially if u havent read the books.

Edited by ARfanNmem, 17 June 2014 - 11:47 AM.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.huffingto...kusaolp00000592

I may be joining TheRealBrave in regards to the show. How do you leave her out?
Posted Image

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I will be glad when hunting season rolls back around. I'm going to put the books on kindle so I will know more about what's going on. I got very interested this season..
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users