Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Game of Thrones(BOOK SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD)

- - - - -

  • Please log in to reply
386 replies to this topic

#196
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,478
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,737

View Postadfalcon, on 27 April 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

also, I'm on the second book. The first book was very good, one of the best I have ever read.
Book 3 is probably the best in the series
Posted Image

#197
OmahaBound

OmahaBound

    Boston Strong

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,501
  • Age:
    32
  • Joined:
    Jan 2005
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,451
Good luck getting this out of your head during each week's theme...


Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

#198
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,321
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,688
And the book readers are knocked off of their high atoll, Game of Thrones just put some Winds of Winter up in this bitch.
#4 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-1(4-1)
BEAT AUBURN
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#199
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,478
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,737
Not completely sure what to think about that. It could be mentioned in Winds of Winter, not sure.

Good episode for sure. I'm interested to hear the thoughts from everyone else who has read the books. About a lot of this. Because in the books Bran and company do not get captured by the deserters at Crasters....lots of ways this could go.
Posted Image

#200
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,215
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,610
I finished Season 1 this weekend.
Does it get better?

I'm annoyed that there are dragons now.
I didn't know this was sci-fi ish.

#201
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,338
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,827

View PostJoeGator, on 28 April 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

I finished Season 1 this weekend.
Does it get better?

I'm annoyed that there are dragons now.
I didn't know this was sci-fi ish.

It's not nearly as High Fantasy as LoTR though
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

#202
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,478
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,737

View PostJoeGator, on 28 April 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

I finished Season 1 this weekend.
Does it get better?

I'm annoyed that there are dragons now.
I didn't know this was sci-fi ish.
The novels are a fantasy genre. Dragons, some magic, Posted Image, white walkers.

If season 1 didn't make you like the show you may be out of luck.
Posted Image

#203
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,215
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,610
They already killed my favorite character, and now there are dragons and frozen zombies.
I liked it until the last episode.
Too many surprises. I knew (and still know) nothing about the series beforehand.
I thought it was just about medievalish stuff.

I didn't even know it was based on novels.

Edited by JoeGator, 28 April 2014 - 12:37 PM.


#204
ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,171
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Sep 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    482
Okay, I don't mind the show taking liberties as long as it doesn't significantly change the overall arc. So bran at crasters doesn't bother me unless someone dies who isn't supposed to die yet. Bran meeting up with Jon snow is curious. Maybe the show will find away around this but that could significantly change things. I love that they brought Bolton's man to go after Jon snow, looking forward to seeing where that goes.

But then the white walker baby and I was like WTF??? Although when u think about it u figured it was something like that. I think they just want to remind us that this Posted Image is still happening and to be afraid.

#205
ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,171
  • Age:
    31
  • Joined:
    Sep 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    482

View PostJoeGator, on 28 April 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

They already killed my favorite character, and now there are dragons and frozen zombies.
I liked it until the last episode.
Too many surprises. I knew (and still) nothing about the series beforehand.
I thought it was just about medievalish stuff.

I didn't even know it was based on novels.

Was it a nice cave you were living in? Lol, Jk.

#206
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    22,215
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Location:
    Charleston
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,610

View PostARfanNmem, on 28 April 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

Was it a nice cave you were living in? Lol, Jk.

Haha, it was.
The dragon thing was like a magic genie granting the troops 3 wishes in Saving Private Ryan.
WTF?

#207
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,478
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,737

View PostARfanNmem, on 28 April 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Okay, I don't mind the show taking liberties as long as it doesn't significantly change the overall arc. So bran at crasters doesn't bother me unless someone dies who isn't supposed to die yet. Bran meeting up with Jon snow is curious. Maybe the show will find away around this but that could significantly change things. I love that they brought Bolton's man to go after Jon snow, looking forward to seeing where that goes.

But then the white walker baby and I was like WTF??? Although when u think about it u figured it was something like that. I think they just want to remind us that this Posted Image is still happening and to be afraid.
My thoughts are that Coldhands is introduced here, kills the deserters and makes off with Bran and the Reeds before Jon Snow gets to Craster's.
Posted Image

#208
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,338
  • Age:
    23
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    6,827

View Postjacobp, on 28 April 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

My thoughts are that Coldhands is introduced here, kills the deserters and makes off with Bran and the Reeds before Jon Snow gets to Craster's.

My thoughts too. Also confirms in my mind that a certain someone is Coldhands. (Would post who but IDK how to spoiler tag Posted Image)

Edited by TheRealBrave, 28 April 2014 - 01:01 PM.

Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

#209
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo Knows

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,321
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,688
It's pretty much confirmed that the end of the episode was from Winds of Winter. GRRM has already told the directors every plot point in the final two books and they are now having to bring stuff in
#4 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-1(4-1)
BEAT AUBURN
Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#210
jacobp

jacobp

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    25,478
  • Age:
    33
  • Joined:
    Jul 2007
  • Location:
    NWA
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,737

View PostTheRealBrave, on 28 April 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

My thoughts too. Also confirms in my mind that a certain someone is Coldhands. (Would post who but IDK how to spoiler tag Posted Image)
post it man. you aren't spoiling anything in this thread. The title tells everyone there are spoilers in here.
Posted Image






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users