Magnolia State Thread - The Jimmies, They Rustle - Page 929 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 929

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Magnolia State Thread - The Jimmies, They Rustle

* * * * - 7 votes Mississippi State Bulldogs Ole Miss Rebels

22408 replies to this topic

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 14 January 2014 - 09:20 AM, said:

Regarding the LSU/OM rivalry, I don't really think the majority of LSU fans consider the game a rivalry. That doesn't mean they won't be heated when you come to town...but they are like that for every home game. Now, as far as GR's experience goes, I think its natural that the LSU fans he encounters may dislike Ole Miss a little more, because they're in closer proximity to a lot of their fanbase....But I spent a lot of time in Louisiana for about 7 years and lived there for 4 1/2 of them. Its the same for us though. I don't think LSU/Arkansas ever really developed into a true rivalry; they just hated us because we ruined a lot of their seasons the day after Thanksgiving. It did get more heated the last 10 years or so, but now that they took our friday after thanksgiving game away I think it'll die down a bit.

Baseball is another animal, though. OM and LSU have some pretty damn heated series. Same with us and LSU. When they come to town the atmosphere is nasty and its the same when we go down to Baton Rouge. also, I think OM and Arkansas's baseball programs are starting to hate each other more and more every year.
We play y'all in Oxford this year, it was a hell of a series last year.
Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
LSU/Arkansas at home and MSU on the road, those series are gonna be heated as hell.
Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 14 January 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

We play y'all in Oxford this year, it was a hell of a series last year.
Yeah, our conference schedule sucks this year. We go to Oxford, Starkville, Baton Rouge, AND Gainesville.
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 14 January 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Yeah, our conference schedule sucks this year. We go to Oxford, Starkville, Baton Rouge, AND Gainesville.
The only real tough toad team we play is @MSU, although I have no idea what to expect of Kentucky and A&M.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 14 January 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

Y'all are in a down year anyway. Schedule should be nice the next year when you can actually contend.

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 14 January 2014 - 09:37 AM, said:

Y'all are in a down year anyway. Schedule should be nice the next year when you can actually contend.
True. I honestly don't know what to expect out of this year's team. We brought in one of the best offensive classes we ever have under Van Horn, but its young guys. Jake wise back at Catcher is huge, along with Brian Anderson and Tyler Spoon. Pitching should be very good but not nearly as dominant as it was last year. We'll score a lot more runs, but probably give up quite a few more as well. Looking at divisions, on paper we're probably sitting behind LSU, OM, and State in the West right now.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 14 January 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

True. I honestly don't know what to expect out of this year's team. We brought in one of the best offensive classes we ever have under Van Horn, but its young guys. Jake wise back at Catcher is huge, along with Brian Anderson and Tyler Spoon. Pitching should be very good but not nearly as dominant as it was last year. We'll score a lot more runs, but probably give up quite a few more as well. Looking at divisions, on paper we're probably sitting behind LSU, OM, and State in the West right now.

I think both is us will be sitting in the 12-15 conf win range. At this point I'm just hoping we finish above Bama and tamu. Lsu and msu are def the class of the west. But the rest is pretty even in my opinion

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 14 January 2014 - 09:40 AM, said:

Holy Posted Image, your sig is amazing
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 14 January 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

When you the parking nightmare to it.....might as well not even make the trip

it just got ridiculous. Parking, the cost of paying someone to set it all up, coordinating who's bringing what. I mean three years ago it was just stupid because I was saying to myself, "I'm going through all this knowing we're going to lose. So, let's see a whole day blown, a whole lot of money, and whole lot of no return."

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Starkville is about 2:30  hours from me. So, I have two choices. I can get up at 5:00 AM and drive there, hoping to get there, park, have enough time to hang out, then make my way to the stadium.

Or, I can get a hotel the night before, pay $500 for a two night stay minimum on game weekends, not to mention food and gas being added into both equations.

Our noon games are always against teams nobody gives a Posted Image about, so I'm out about a $1,000 bucks to watch State obliterate some SWAC school. Or, I can tune to the 600s, throw some meat on the grill, and pop a top at the crib for about fifty bucks.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 14 January 2014 - 10:19 AM.

Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The only truly unbearable baseball fans are LSU fans. They know next to nothing about baseball, yet still talk crap when LSU wins.
Posted Image

GoldenRebel

GoldenRebel

A Proud Swayze Crazy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've been lucky enough to have places to stay in Oxford and Starkville the last 8 years. But all of my friends are now graduating. After next season I won't have a free place anymore. And that's going to make things really interesting.

MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

en fuego

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
Boys. The weekend of January 24th will be fun. Buckle up because there will be some pretty big fireworks

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium

Posted Image

The best damned college baseball experience in the land

Formerly known as RebelFan4Life

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMerlinsJizzSack, on 14 January 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

Boys. The weekend of January 24th will be fun. Buckle up because there will be some pretty big fireworks
That's our big weekend, can't wait to see what comes out of it.
Posted Image

A10Rebel

A10Rebel

brrrrrrrrttt....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoldenRebel, on 14 January 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

I've been lucky enough to have places to stay in Oxford and Starkville the last 8 years. But all of my friends are now graduating. After next season I won't have a free place anymore. And that's going to make things really interesting.

it'll obliterate your wallet.

The financial cost of season tickets, set up, food, gas, time is too much. I can stay at the house, watch the game on the couch, have a cold beer, and make grill out and spend money on the cost of steaks and beer and be around the wife and kids. This is all I want to do any way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users