Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

Rehabbing Lattimore pulls off 'impossible' muscle gain

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

Duck Dynasty Bowl Here We Come

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What a great read.  He is one of those guys that no matter what team he played for I would be cheering for him.

I just love him that much more since he is a Gamecock.

I don't know if he will play another down of football again, but I will tell you he will be successful at what ever he does.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
he's the only player that would get me rooting for the cowboys

that being said- i hope he doesnt get picked up by the cowboys!

Posted Image

Posted Image

uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I will tell you I don't think Marcus would ever take anything illegal, he is a amazing young man that has always done the right thing. Best of luck to you Marcus.

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Dude, on 20 February 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

he's the only player that would get me rooting for the cowboys

that being said- i hope he doesnt get picked up by the cowboys!
Posted Image the cowgirls. I don't care if they had a roster full of ex-Razorbacks;  I wanna see them humiliated everytime they hit the turf. If they have a turf welcome mat at home, I want them stomping out a flaming bag of mastiff shit on it...

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Of course Marcus is juicing.  Just like this past year Ray Lewis and Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning (please don't burn down my house fellow Vols) did.  You don't recover from injuries like theirs with just rehab.  Now the question is why shouldn't they be able to use HGH or some other steroid to heal from an injury?  The NFL knows too.  They don't want to lose stars like those so they let them get away with it.  The league really to shush the rumors should set up an approved steroids for injury recovery system.  But since steroids has become such a dirty word they most likely won't.  But if you in real life were to suffer a similar injury there is a good chance that your doctor would prescribe you a steroid.

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have 0 problem with players using PEDs to rehab from injury.    0 whatsoever.   I know that will lead to a lot of guys taking advantage of them...but...

If rubbing some deer antler on a torn bicep can get you back on the field for your last season ever, and you end up leading your team to a superbowl.... I'm for it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePVG FTMFW still  ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

Duck Dynasty Bowl Here We Come

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 20 February 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Of course Marcus is juicing.  Just like this past year Ray Lewis and Adrian Peterson and Peyton Manning (please don't burn down my house fellow Vols) did.  You don't recover from injuries like theirs with just rehab.  Now the question is why shouldn't they be able to use HGH or some other steroid to heal from an injury?  The NFL knows too.  They don't want to lose stars like those so they let them get away with it.  The league really to shush the rumors should set up an approved steroids for injury recovery system.  But since steroids has become such a dirty word they most likely won't.  But if you in real life were to suffer a similar injury there is a good chance that your doctor would prescribe you a steroid.

This is not a guy on roids:

Posted Image

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTrueGCFan, on 21 February 2013 - 04:28 PM, said:

This is not a guy on roids:

Posted Image

This guy was on Roids
Posted Image

Edited by Matt, 22 February 2013 - 08:38 AM.

Booger

Booger

Gump Humper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
20lbs of muscle in 3 months is physiologically impossible without pharmaceuticals... and especially impossible when you have a blown out knee and your training program consists of aqua sprints

Edited by Booger, 24 February 2013 - 11:36 PM.

When it's 3rd and 10, we shuffle out our secret weapon... he's the only person we ever want calling the next play... some call him the twelfth man.... we call him the whiskey drinker...

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Personally, I'm fine with doctor prescribed drugs for athletes while they a rehabilitating and out of commission. There would need to be a period off, like maybe as much as a whole season, but if it is used to help them get better from injury and not to help their performance on the field, I say go for it.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He weighed in around 220 at the combine.  He played at around 220.   All the talk of 20lbs he gained was because of weight he lost the month after his injury when he couldn't do anything.

Edited by OmahaBound, 24 February 2013 - 11:46 PM.

Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"

MrGamecockFan

MrGamecockFan
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i just wish lattimore all the luck in the world, and as much as it would pain me to see him playing against my broncos, id be pulling for him every time he stepped on the field!
Go Cocks!!!

2012 Homer of the Year 1st Loser (AKA Runner-Up)

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOmahaBound, on 24 February 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

He weighed in around 220 at the combine.  He played at around 220.   All the talk of 20lbs he gained was because of weight he lost the month after his injury when he couldn't do anything.

Didn't know the numbers, but I assumed that's what the issue was. Someone his age who's used to hitting the weights every day can drop weight quickly if they suddenly become inactive(assuming their diet is in check). They can also put it back on quickly, especially with the main focus being on the legs.

bbqit

bbqit
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Let the man rehab how he wants to rehab then let the chips fall where they may. I don't see where testing any of these meds are necessary until august anyway. Football gives a beating to the players and i don't see how they all don't need rehab in the off season.
Du-te la dracu 'LSU

jthomas666

jthomas666

This Space for Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbmccall, on 19 February 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Welp. I was going to come in here with a "nb4 juicing allegations" but you guys are pretty quick
SEC SPEED, BABY!!!!
Posted Image

Testimonials:

"very fair, very funny, very condemnatory"  -- Harlan Ellison
"That dumbass with the Kermit avatar" -- razorhead