Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Ogletree arrested

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 19 February 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Question: How many times did Garcia get in trouble and get re-instated?

There is a difference between an organization not being responsible for bad behavior and an organization promoting bad behavior.

promoting?

good grief.

how many times has Mark Richt had a player get in trouble, only to reinstate the players?

and please...do not compare a DUI with underage drinking or setting off a fire extinguisher in a dorm room. the worst thing that Garcia did was key a car as a freshman...which still pisses me off, but its tough to kick a guy off a team for keying a car (although, if it had been up to me, i would have been tempted to)

Posted Image

Posted Image

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 19 February 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

Nobody ridiculed South Carolina for Garcia's poor decisions... we ridiculed you because you guys CONTINUOUSLY let him get away with them. How many times was it? 8? 9? Before the school finally stepped in and said "you can't have him back this time, Spurs."

Ogletree got into trouble twice while at UGA, and he was disciplined with suspensions both times. We held up our end. Now he's moved on, so any poor decisions he makes now are not our responsibility.

Ogletree was suspended. So was Garcia. It just so happened that Ogletree always got in trouble RIGHT before the season started, while Garcia was drinking (while underage and getting caught) during the spring.

So, yeah...both served suspensions for minor issues during their school careers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Dude, on 19 February 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Ogletree was suspended. So was Garcia. It just so happened that Ogletree always got in trouble RIGHT before the season started, while Garcia was drinking (while underage and getting caught) during the spring.

So, yeah...both served suspensions for minor issues during their school careers.

Stephen Garcia was suspended like EIGHT TIMES. And somehow never missed a ball game. Ogletree was suspended twice and missed six football games of his career. Let's not even start comparing who's program takes discipline more seriously, we'd be here all week.

And if Garcia got into trouble today, nobody would say "it's South Carolina's fault."

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Dude, on 19 February 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

promoting?

good grief.

how many times has Mark Richt had a player get in trouble, only to reinstate the players?

and please...do not compare a DUI with underage drinking or setting off a fire extinguisher in a dorm room. the worst thing that Garcia did was key a car as a freshman...which still pisses me off, but its tough to kick a guy off a team for keying a car (although, if it had been up to me, i would have been tempted to)

You didn't answer my question.

I don't have a dog in this fight of yours, but from a non-USC perspective, it certainly looks like Garcia received favoritism throughout his career of off-the-field mishaps. But I don't follow USC and could be completely wrong in my assumptions.

But again, this is a discussion about a former student athlete getting a DUI. You decided to make the comparisons to Steven Garcia, who was often in trouble when he was still in school. There is a difference.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Dude, on 19 February 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Are you claiming that South Carolina does not get massive amounts of shit for Stephen Garcia's poor decisions?

And somehow UGA should be immune from such associations?

Of course not; but USC got massive amounts of shit for Garcia's decisions WHILE HE WAS AT USC... when he was still somewhat the responsibility of the USC staff.

If Garcia and any new poor decisions get mentioned now that he's gone, they're likely just noting that he hasn't changed much with age.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

A. Pilgrim

A. Pilgrim
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
my mistake, everyone...

i'll wait until the summer for current UGA student athletes to have their issues and comment then.

Posted Image

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Dude, on 19 February 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

my mistake, everyone...

i'll wait until the summer for current UGA student athletes to have their issues and comment then.

Yeah, cause then it will matter, because they're playing football for us and will either be suspended/let go..... thus actually RELATED to football.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Garcia was PLAYING for Carolina the umpteen times he was caught,suspended and re-instated. Ogletree was suspended twice for off the field problems and paid for such with  six games on the bench. Now, Ogletree has messed and isn't on Georgia's team. I feel sorry for Ogletree for the simple fact hes a beast and a heckuva football player. As far as the arrest, its a moot point as far the Georgia program. Knowing Richt, hes probably been in touch with him and tried to talk some sense into him. This will cost him draft wise and in his pocket. I hope he wakes up.

I gotta funny feeling Garcias an assistant produce manager in a Publix supermarket.

Edited by CrimsoNation713, 19 February 2013 - 03:32 PM.

"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 19 February 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

I gotta funny feeling Garcias an assistant produce manager in a Publix supermarket.
I heard he's pumping gas at a filling station.  At least according to Lane Kiffin. :lol:

Edited by GAMECOCK_FAN, 19 February 2013 - 03:34 PM.

2014 Football (4-3, 2-3)
10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014-15 Basketball (0-0, 0-0)
11/14/14 North Florida; 11/18/14 Baylor; 11/20/14 vs. Cornell (in Charleston, SC); 11/21/14 vs. Penn State/Charlotte (in Charleston, SC); 11/23/14 vs. TBD ( in Charleston, SC); 11/26/14 UNC Asheville; 12/1/14 at Marshall; 12/6/14 Oklahoma State; 12/19/14 Clemson; 12/21/14 Coker; 12/30/14 North Carolina A&T; 1/3/15 vs. Iowa State (in Brooklyn, NY); 1/7/15 Florida; 1/10/15 at Ole Miss; 1/13/15 Alabama; 1/17/15 at Auburn; 1/20/15 Tennessee; 1/24/15 Kentucky; 1/28/15 at LSU; 1/31/15 Georgia; 2/3/15 at Arkansas; 2/7/15 at Vanderbilt; 2/10/15 Missouri; 2/14/15 at Kentucky; 2/17/15 at Georgia; 2/21/15 Texas A&M; 2/24/15 at Alabama; 2/28/15 Mississippi State; 3/5/15 Arkansas; 3/7/15 at Tennessee

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGAMECOCK_FAN, on 19 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

I heard he's pumping gas at a filling station.  At least according to Lane Kiffin... who will probably be pumping right alongside him in a few short years. :lol:

Edited for accuracy. ;)
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"