Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

CFN says Auburn goes 6-6

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

machineguntiger

machineguntiger
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 18 February 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

Agree but LSU could be a tossup, too... They're losing a good bit of players to the NFL this year and it's not like they were that good in 2012 anyway... They had close wins vs. Auburn, Towson (comparatively speaking), SoCar, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. Take away Mingo(LB), Montgomery(DE), Reid(FS), Logan(DT), and Minter(LB) from their defense, Ford/Ware and Sheppard from their offense, and those close wins would probably all be losses.

true, but to tell the truth  im actually real scared about opening up with Washington State I think we win , but im real nervous about this one fore one reason Kliff Kingsbury is a Mike Leach pupil he learned everything he knows from Mike Leach, the offense he ran at Texas A&M is a miixture of the spread/air raid he learned it while playing qb under leach at Texas Tech, and Mike Leach is an Air Raid guy judging by our past history with teams that like to throw the ball im real nervous about that one.

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Washington State W

Arky State W

Mississippi State L

@ LSU L

Ole Miss L

Western Carolina W

@ Texas A&M L

Florida Atlantic W

@ Arky W

@ Tennessee L

Georgia L

Alabama L

I say 5-7 with yall losing to Ole Miss and Miss. St but beating Arky

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postmachineguntiger, on 19 February 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

true, but to tell the truth  im actually real scared about opening up with Washington State I think we win , but im real nervous about this one fore one reason Kliff Kingsbury is a Mike Leach pupil he learned everything he knows from Mike Leach, the offense he ran at Texas A&M is a miixture of the spread/air raid he learned it while playing qb under leach at Texas Tech, and Mike Leach is an Air Raid guy judging by our past history with teams that like to throw the ball im real nervous about that one.

Yeah the first two weeks may be tougher than even teams like Arkansas and Tennessee late in the year because our offense will be just getting under way and our defense won't have had much time to actually learn how to tackle like they should. Our coaching staff has a lot of work to do to get us ready for week one... I think we'll be a completely different team by week 6 or 7 compared to the first week. I think once we're in stride we'll be able to hang with all but the most elite teams. Kingsbury is definitely no joke in terms of being an offensive guru.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not being a homer at all, but calling the MS State/ Auburn game anything other than a toss up is probably a stretch.
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 19 February 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

Not being a homer at all, but calling the MS State/ Auburn game anything other than a toss up is probably a stretch.
its a toss up that we should win imo, like..its a test for malzahn, we have the talent idk if we have above average coaching yet.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPenguin, on 19 February 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

its a toss up that we should win imo, like..its a test for malzahn, we have the talent idk if we have above average coaching yet.

Fair enough. Auburn could easily win. It's in Jordan Hare. We struggle there. But we could win too. It isn't unheard of that we have beaten the Tigers at home before. It's just pretty rare.
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 19 February 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Fair enough. Auburn could easily win. It's in Jordan Hare. We struggle there. But we could win too. It isn't unheard of that we have beaten the Tigers at home before. It's just pretty rare.
I think its against the rules for me to agree or like MSU fans though so....YOU'RE WRONG (on penguin principle)
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

machineguntiger

machineguntiger
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 19 February 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Yeah the first two weeks may be tougher than even teams like Arkansas and Tennessee late in the year because our offense will be just getting under way and our defense won't have had much time to actually learn how to tackle like they should. Our coaching staff has a lot of work to do to get us ready for week one... I think we'll be a completely different team by week 6 or 7 compared to the first week. I think once we're in stride we'll be able to hang with all but the most elite teams. Kingsbury is definitely no joke in terms of being an offensive guru.
yup still not sure if it was all on coaching last year ,or if some of the guys that saw playing time were really as bad as they looked, I do know if Lefty has sucess at Virginia Tech under Beamer i'd be kinda pissed at Chizik cause I thought he swore from day one he wouldn't meddle in the offense

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postmachineguntiger, on 20 February 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

yup still not sure if it was all on coaching last year ,or if some of the guys that saw playing time were really as bad as they looked, I do know if Lefty has sucess at Virginia Tech under Beamer i'd be kinda pissed at Chizik cause I thought he swore from day one he wouldn't meddle in the offense

Agreed 100%. I thought Loeffler could actually have a pretty successful offense here in Auburn and it looked like Chizik absolutely crushed any chance of that actually happening. We'll definitely find out after watching 2-3 VA Tech games.