Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Publix Subs

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#46
Yellow

Yellow

    Dood

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,635
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    839
Harris Teeter has decent subs at lunch time. $3.50 can't really beat em.

As far as quality goes, I really like our Penn Station.

Followed by Jersey Mikes.

#47
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,915
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,546

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 18 February 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

And years ago, Blimpie was the shit. Then every franchise was bought out by Indians and it turned to shit.

Still hasn't been one place to replicate the awesomeness of those sweet peppers.

Now that you mention it, every Blimpie's I've ever been to has been run by Indians. Haha
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#48
StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,035
  • Joined:
    Aug 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,853

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 16 February 2013 - 06:28 PM, said:

They're legit, fo sho. I still think Jimmy John's has the best of all though.

As a former Jimmy John's employee, I can give the honest/unbiased opinion that Jimmy John's is the best.

#49
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View PostTheRealBrave, on 18 February 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

Now that you mention it, every Blimpie's I've ever been to has been run by Indians. Haha

It is truly an American tragedy.

#50
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View PostStaringContestYouAndMe, on 18 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

As a former Jimmy John's employee, I can give the honest/unbiased opinion that Jimmy John's is the best.

Lol I worked there too actually.... for one day. I never went back, the other guys I had to work with left me by myself inside while they all went out back to smoke a joint, meanwhile I (having no clue how to do everything because I just started) am trying to answer the phones, make orders and get bread out of the oven.... yeah.... Posted Image that. I left and never called or anything.

#51
StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,035
  • Joined:
    Aug 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,853

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 18 February 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Lol I worked there too actually.... for one day. I never went back, the other guys I had to work with left me by myself inside while they all went out back to smoke a joint, meanwhile I (having no clue how to do everything because I just started) am trying to answer the phones, make orders and get bread out of the oven.... yeah.... :lanekiffin: that. I left and never called or anything.

That's rough man. My boss was awesome. He worked harder than anyone else, so it created a really good work environment. He was an Ohio State fan also, so that made it even more fun to mess with him.

#52
MerlinsJizzSack

MerlinsJizzSack

    en fuego

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,915
  • Joined:
    May 2009
  • Cash:
    0
If you think Jimmy Johns has "great" subs, you've never really had a great sub. Jimmy Johns is for cheap late night sandwiches. Decent, but not my first choice by any means

Swayze Field - Oxford University Stadium


Posted Image


The best damned college baseball experience in the land


#53
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,382
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,600
4 pages?? Damn, I gotta try these things

#54
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 18 February 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

If you think Jimmy Johns has "great" subs, you've never really had a great sub. Jimmy Johns is for cheap late night sandwiches. Decent, but not my first choice by any means


Horseshit. I've had 'em all. Blimpie, Subway, Jimmy John's, Jersey Mike's, Which Which, Quizno's, Firehouse, Publix... you name it, I've had it. Jimmy John's bakes their own bread and slices their own meats, cheeses and vegetables. Their bread is better than ANYONE else out there (their whole wheat is tits, too). Yeah, it's cheap, that doesn't mean it's not awesome. It doesn't cost that much to make a sandwich.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 18 February 2013 - 11:02 AM.


#55
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,915
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,546

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 18 February 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Horseshit. I've had 'em all. Blimpie, Subway, Jimmy John's, Jersey Mike's, Which Which, Quizno's, Firehouse, Publix... you name it, I've had it. Jimmy John's bakes their own bread and slices their own meats, cheeses and vegetables. Their bread is better than ANYONE else out there (their whole wheat is tits, too). Yeah, it's cheap, that doesn't mean it's not awesome. It doesn't cost that much to make a sandwich.

Baldino's has the best bread ever.

Posted Image
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#56
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View PostTheRealBrave, on 18 February 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Baldino's has the best bread ever.

Posted Image



Never heard of it.

#57
smokeyone

smokeyone

    Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,890
  • Joined:
    Jul 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,611
we have them here in Augusta Ga and they are ok at best. For some reason every sub from them has to have salome on it.

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 18 February 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Never heard of it.

Posted Image


#58
AUskip07

AUskip07

    Time to make History

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,142
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,071
Firehouse, Jersey mikes, Publix, Subway,

Chicken finger sub is pretty good at publix


I can make a pretty good sub at home too.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

#59
foxflyer5

foxflyer5

    I hate that guy.

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,466
  • Joined:
    Oct 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    384
I wouldn't really call publix "subs" subs.  They're really more like sandwiches.  Delicious though.  Often get themas a tailgating supplement.

Also their fried chicken is tasty.

Posted Image




Similar Topics

  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info