Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

South Carolina retires Tanner's jersey

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

WayzUp

WayzUp

Cynical Optimist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - USC retired former head baseball coach Ray Tanner's jersey, just one of several tributes to the championship coach made before the start of the 2013 season.

A ceremony was held on the field of Carolina Stadium before the USC-Liberty game began Friday.

Tanner, joined by his family, watched as a tarp was pulled down along the outfield wall. When it came down, it showed a baseball with the number "1" on it and Tanner's name above it.

The jersey is the first ever retired by the USC baseball program.
Posted Image

http://www.wltx.com/...aseball-Jersey-

Here's the video they played before the game--that Justin King guy is awesome at what he does.

Let me get this straight. We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and will be fined for if we don't, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts itself from it, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese and financed by a country that's broke.

What could possibly go wrong?

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And deservedly so. I'm a big Tanner fan. Much respect for the South Carokina program.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 16 February 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

And deservedly so. I'm a big Tanner fan. Much respect for the South Carokina program.

I think SC's string of consecutive Regional, Super Regional, and CWS wins will be one of the most under-rated streaks in sports history.

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 16 February 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I think SC's string of consecutive Regional, Super Regional, and CWS wins will be one of the most under-rated streaks in sports history.

Especially with baseball being such a fickle sport.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 16 February 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Especially with baseball being such a fickle sport.

Not only that but he also did it in two entirely different eras of the sport with the changing of the bars.  Saying its impressive is almost an understatement.  He'll the Arizona coach last year joked about how nice it was to be apart of the Ray Tanner Invitational in Omaha.  The guy will forever be a USC legend.

Edited by Show Stopper, 16 February 2013 - 10:11 PM.

Posted Image