Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Elliott to Remain at South Carolina

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Assistant football coach Shawn Elliott issued the following statement today:

Click here for the original story.

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Guess he didn't get the job.  We'll see how this plays out. Maybe it's like he said but I've never heard any coach jockeying for a new job come out and say, "Darn, I really wanted that job too, oh well, at least I've still got this team to coach."  How many times have we heard this line before when a coach doesn't get the job?  What else can you say?  It's not like Saban's gonna throw him under the bus and say, "yeah, I told Elliott to take a hike."  Why interview if you didn't want the job?  This is why Spurrier has said he may fire any of his coaches for interviewing for a lateral position.

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGamecockDieHard, on 16 February 2013 - 06:23 AM, said:

Guess he didn't get the job.  We'll see how this plays out. Maybe it's like he said but I've never heard any coach jockeying for a new job come out and say, "Darn, I really wanted that job too, oh well, at least I've still got this team to coach."  How many times have we heard this line before when a coach doesn't get the job?  What else can you say?  It's not like Saban's gonna throw him under the bus and say, "yeah, I told Elliott to take a hike."  Why interview if you didn't want the job?  This is why Spurrier has said he may fire any of his coaches for interviewing for a lateral position.

Exactly.

OmahaBound

OmahaBound

Boston Strong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He's turned down interviews before so I don't worry about his loyalty.  Yeah he probably just didn't get an offer, but at least it was an interview with the unquestioned king of CFB right now.   I can't blame the guy for considering it.
Posted Image

"I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.....Learn to swim"