Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Rubio's Water Episode

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Has the Left overplayed and overrated the cottonmouth episode suffered by the Florida senator?  Of course.  Was CNN’s "Career Ender" chyron a tasteless, over-the-top and disrespectful shot that certainly wouldn’t have been taken at a Democrat politician?  Without question.

Bob Menendez traffics in underage whores and Barack Obama snorts cocaine. But Rubio’s reach for water during a speech is a Career Ender. It’s enough to make you grieve for the loss of an America worth having.

For his part, Rubio has responded to the stumble with class, humility and good humor. And his PAC has now branded water bottles in an effort to make lemonade out of Tuesday night’s lemons.
But he needs to have an opening on his staff.

On substance, Rubio’s speech was one of the best responses to a State of the Union in a long time. And before his cottonmouth episode kicked in, his delivery was good – he was passionate, he was energetic, he had the right mix of optimism and outrage.

But it was clear the speech was too long for the time allotted for it, and Rubio was racing through it. And it was also clear he hadn’t properly hydrated before speaking.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Wait... was this supposed to be a big deal?
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 19 February 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Wait... was this supposed to be a big deal?

I dunno. First he's trying to defend someone who had cottonmouth, and then he goes on about some Obama "body man".

I've come to realize that I just can't understand people and their politics.

One does not simply throw towards Cameron Sutton.

Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Drinking water during the middle of a speech is perverse and obscene. I was disgusted by Rubio's actions and I probably have PTSD now so I guess they're going to have to take my guns away.

Thanks, Rubio.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Rubio is but a pawn of the Republican establishment; an opportunist that the Republicans actually think will garner them part of the Latino vote. They pull his strings, he says what they want him to.

(8) Ole Miss Rebels  8-2.  (4-2)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

FIRE MATT LUKE!!!!