anyone wanna make some early season predictions? - Page 4 - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 4

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

anyone wanna make some early season predictions?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
50 replies to this topic

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 13 February 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Why are Arkansas fans do hell bent on making sure they tell us we are not gonna be better or have a better record than them? WGAF if y'all hate Malzahn, if its that bad then just be thankful y'all don't have him.
has nothing to so with Malzahn. I just don't see a huge turnaround NEXT season.
Posted Image

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Auburn's offense was one of the worst in the entire country last year... Under Gus Malzahn's true system it will NOT be one of the worst in the country no matter who we have player-wise. He made freaking Tulsa the number one offense in the country; he can get us in the top 50 offenses of 2013 for sure. If we had used Gus's offense in 2012 we would have beaten: Clemson, LSU, Vanderbilt
And may have beaten: Mississippi State, Arkansas, Ole Miss

His offense would have doubled our wins last year at the very least and conceivably could have tripled them, though doubtful.

As bad as we were last year, we probably would have won 7 or  8 games if Malzahn had been the coach and that's not even factoring in what a non-Chizik atmosphere and work ethic might have done for the entire team. I see us winning 8 games this year but I can see us making a late season upset, too, as the offense and confidence of the team will be up by then.

No doubt about it, this will be a completely different Auburn team from the team we all saw in 2012. The discipline, toughness, and drive that absolutely didn't exist last year will be clearly evident from game one onward in 2013.
R.I.P Philip Luzenkirchen, recipient of Neil Caudle's first career TD pass.
Posted Image

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Recruiting rankings again? Someone ask Bill Snyder and 2012 Auburn about recruiting rankings.

While its true that recruiting rankings are a predictor of success (sorta like college entrance exams),  I'd rather have a coach who consistently teaches sound fundamentals. Furthermore IMO schools should stop booting coaches who can consistently win 8-10 games (like Richt). Give it time and the right mixture can lead to success.

As fans we should stop expecting immediate gratification.

ARfanNmem

ARfanNmem
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also GM is probably that coach, but give it time.

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think we will be a mirror of Ole Miss last year. We will play some teams very tough but won't have it at the end if the game to win all the ones we could. I was highly impressed with them, even though their record didn't reflect such a good season, for some reason it just seemed better.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostARfanNmem, on 16 February 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Recruiting rankings again? Someone ask Bill Snyder and 2012 Auburn about recruiting rankings.

While its true that recruiting rankings are a predictor of success (sorta like college entrance exams),  I'd rather have a coach who consistently teaches sound fundamentals. Furthermore IMO schools should stop booting coaches who can consistently win 8-10 games (like Richt). Give it time and the right mixture can lead to success.

As fans we should stop expecting immediate gratification.

Ellis Johnson will definitely be teaching solid fundamentals on the defensive side of the ball and I don't think anyone doubts that Malzahn can create success with the offense. That's why we're feeling pretty good about our team... We obviously have the talent as far as "stars" and recruiting go; now we likely have the coaches to turn the talent into success.

And I agree... I'd love to have a coach like Richt that can have a good season every single year... I know UGA fans want the national championship but at least they're in the SEC hunt every year. Not many teams can say that.
R.I.P Philip Luzenkirchen, recipient of Neil Caudle's first career TD pass.
Posted Image